Murray State University

« See more reviews of Murray State University

Murray State University is a medium-sized school with a little over 12,000 students; it feels like a diverse, yet close-knit community. Anytime you walk to class, you will always see someone you know. Murray offers diverse and fun activities to entice its students; international movie nights, world renowned speakers, concerts, plays, mixers, sporting events, multicultural functions, etc. It is a great environmet to live in without the pressures of alcohol and drugs. The community students build with themselves and with professors through MSU classes and events, is without doubt, the BEST thing about this school.

I would consider tradition as the best thing about Murray State. Like myself, many of the students attending Murray State, both traditional and non-traditional, have other "ties" to the university. Most people have had multiple family members attend Murray State, so everyone is treated like family. At homecoming in the fall, many alumni return to the campus. There are cookouts, banquets and parties. Before the football game, there is a space located inside the stadium where current students and alumni meet and enjoy old memories and take part in making new memories. We are family!

The academic advisors are very supportive and caring. They answer emails and messages in a timely manner. The advisors are professional, but personal too. The campus that I attend is an extension of the main University. The students in the education program are relatively close and helpful to each other. This campus allows me to pursue my Bachelors degree, while living at home. The professors provide challenging work that allows me to grow in my field of study. I am confident in my teaching abilities, because of the services that this campus provides.

Murray State is a school that is wholeheartedly dedicated to improving it's already impressive abilities. Murray was ranked within the top 20 Southern schools in the U.S., but it never stops working to be better. Professors and faculty members always provide you with the best resources and encouragment to be your best and try very hard to help you succeed. Outside of the classroom, Murray State's sports teams are loved across campus and always have a large crowd to cheer on atheletes. Murray as a whole is a great place to grow as a person and student.

The best thing about Murray State is that it is very family oriented. The community is loving and supportive of college life. The school is not spread out, everything is within walking distance for those who do not have a car. I feel safe on campus. If I had a need for anything, people were there to help...whether it was another student, faculty or staff member. The food is great. Lots of on-campus and dorm events. Very diverse. Keeps students active and involved. Great academic programs and support if you need help with any of your classes.

The school is very connected to the surrounding community. Basketball, for example, isn't just a school event. It's an event for the entire town. During any given basketball game, most of the town is there; it's quiet outside the arena. It's really the nicest town I've lived in. Additionally, the school is in a central locations so I don't have to commute more than five minutes--even living off campus. You can get anywhere in under 10 minutes. I've learned so much from my Creative Writing professors .

I would consider the best thing about Murray State University to be the involvement on campus. What I mean by this is that Murray State University offers many opportunities to students to get involved on campus. There are booths of all kinds setup around campus randomly, and encourage ANY students to participate. Not only do they have involvements just on campus, but Murray State University residential colleges, cafeteria, sports, and the community have different things to get involved in.

The best thing about Murray State University is the accounting department. In these hard economic times, the most important thing is to be able to get a job that will eventually be able to provide for your family. Within the accounting department at MSU, the professors and administrators do everything that they can to help you get a job and prepare you to be the best that you can be. That is why the job placement rate within the accounting department at Murray state is greater than 95%.

The best part about my school is it's location. Murray is a small town but has lots of opportunities for it's students. But not only does the community embrace the students at Murray State, but the faculty and staff are caring as well. There are so many people who are willing and able to help you along your journey as a student. There are also many opportunities to take part in clubs and join in on meetings to get aquainted with others who may have the same interests as you.

The best thing about Murray State University is its student diversity. Because of the extreme diversity at MSU I have met people from all over the world. The diversity at MSU has allowed me to experience different cultures and partake in traditions I didn't know even existed. I have learnd so much about the world just by social interactions with my classmates alone. At Murray State University you can almost travel the world in a day.