Old Westbury, NY
New York Institute of Technology

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend New York Institute of Technology

Katherine

The people that I go to school with make it feel like home, and i feel like at other schools you can't get this feeling of being welcomed and comfortable.

Pick the place that you feel like you can make a difference.

Someone who needs extra pushing to get things done.

Harpreet

Well I will be thankful to my parents since they gave me opportunity to study & its my turn to step in their shoes & support them in their old age. For other Students. Its a great school if you dont have money problem.

Well, Its not worthed to goto school like this if you not getting any scholarship or grant. I will graduate with more then 10k in loans as a A+ student . I hate it because I have no family support.

Well, the tution is really high plus theydont give any major scholarship. I know how hard its for me to graduate since i have no support from anywhere but its life. Hence, I love NYIT because I will graduate from their with loans of more then 10k.

Irene

I think students (and parents too) often get blinded by the "big-name" schools, and think that those are the best for them. That is not necessarily the case. Sometimes, the best schools are hidden gems, and the student may benefit from a smaller school which is more intimate and close-knit, then from a larger university. I think the key is knowing what you want. While larger schools have better facilities and more opportunities academically and socially, if the student is driven enough in life, they will always find ways to get the most out of their college experience (outside the programs offered by the institution). If you have a positive outloook, and a strong sense of direction, there is no limit to what you can accomplish, regardless of the school. A top school may provide you with the title, but they cannot give you passion. There is something truly wonderful about students and professors who co-exist, and a small-scale setting allows for that level of interaction. Choose wisely based on what you want, and where you see yourself going in the future.

The BARCH program offers small classes taught by distinguished faculty. The design studio classrooms become a second home, and your fellow classmates become your family away from home. It is not rare to turn a corner and stumble upon an intellectual analysis on the latest trends in the field, or a particular project just recently discussed in class. Students and professors integrate, and learn together.

The Architecture building, open 24hrs a day year round, becomes the second home of the Architecture students. Upper and lower classmen, all races, all ethnicities, and all orientations coexist and work harmoniously. It truly is a one of a kind learning experience.

Zuhal

Programs, medical, architechure

Programs, medical, architechure

If you know what you want to be in the future, NYIT is perfect because it offers programs and degrees for certain proffesions. I chose NYIT because I want to go to medical school and the life science undergraduate program was perfect for me. Many believe that the social aspect of college is not that important however I believe that without friends and a social environment no one can complete coursework and the stress that accompanies it well. I was fortunate to have numerous friends to help me study and get through my first years of undergrad. If you feel a college is not for you then you should chose to go elsewhere. Many times the college you go to is your choice, why not go somewhere you want to be, especially since you are there for four years of your life.

Luis

find out about good intership and work after school. I'm still looking for my real job. so many debts and can not find jobs.

i would say make sure you talk to students who have attended the university or college and make sure it is the right decision for you. also look at your financial background and make sure a school gives you money.

My school has nothing to do on campus boring.

Timothy

Given what I've learned so far as an undergraduate student, I'm of the opinion that students are the only ones capable of properly choosing their own college. One of the most subtle bits of information can be the most important: the percentage of students that commute. In my experience, is why my campus lacks a sense of community. Because most students commute, very few students could care less about attending school events or initiating any kind of positive, meaningful change. In the world of folders, packets and propaganda that fills the head of students heading for college, it's easy to miss something so trivial looking, and with good reason. Choosing a college to apply to has become an challenge in and of itself, a test of information management. While most students sort through the information a college circulates and the seemingly desperate looking ad campaigns designed to catch their interest, I'm certain any who are like myself thought the same question: "Why is it that the acceptence process is difficult, yet so many campuses are desperate for our application in the first place?" The important thing is to pay attention to the subtle, less emphasized facts.

This school is roughly 80% commuter, and so those dorming here don't have much to do. Because of this, it is very difficult to initiate any kind of positive change, since most students couldn't care less. There's a good reason that the widely spread piece of advice among students is that NYIT stands for "Next Year I Transfer". In addition to commuter student apathy, the administration gives off the aura that they're flexible to student needs but are anything but helpful in 9 out of 10 cases. They act more like Public Relations: Excuses, no help.

As stated above, the fact that administration is completely shut down to any kind of positive change by students. They're too overwhelmed by parents who they're mostly getting money from, and so very few student requests actually make it very far. For example, the wireless network is behind one of the most restrictive proxies I've ever encountered. While most professors actually agree with us, the administration behaves more like Public Relations: constant denial of responsibility, repetitive excuses or missing the point of discussion intentionally, no ultimate change- at least none that isn't "already available".

Thomas

If you are looking for a good, accredited school where you will make tons of friends this is the school for you. Over the time I have spend working on my five year Architecture program, I have mad so many firends, including parents and teachers. My experience has included student working at our athletic department, designing exhibitions with my student advisor that was displayed in Texas. When I chose to come to NYIT I never had thought that I would be not only making life long friends but experencies. For starters this school has goven me so many opportunities, through this school I was able to visit Italy, Switzerland, China, as well as recently Gremany. Traveling with my closest of frined has made my college experence everything that I could have ever hoped for in my journey through life.

The level of technology in this school. For a school of technology the level of technological resources is on the level of most high schools. So I would like to see more technology be intergrated into the classes as well as the computer labe, libarary, and study rooms.

New York Institute of Technology administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.