New York University

« See more reviews of New York University

While NYU has two internationally reknowned schools (Tisch School of the Arts and Stern Business School,) I believe NYU is best known for its amazing location in New York City. In addition to the multitude of activities and exeriences available, internship opportuinities in business, medicine, theater, film, publishing, journalism, fashion, etc. abound. Students are taught by outstanding professors, many of whom are working at the top of their professions in the city. Not only will students learn what they need to succeed in their fields of interest, the connections made by students will certainly benefit them upon graduation.

My school is best known for its location -- New York City. It provides students with a number of great job, internship, and volunteer opportunities, as well as a vibrant urban atmosphere. Although there is no enclosed campus, students often look at Washington Square as the epicenter of the university, which is where many of the classroom buildings, dorms, and cafeterias are. However, students are encouraged to use and explore all five boroughs of the city and learn beyond the classroom walls. The city provides a diverse backdrop for the school and allows students to take advantage of the cultural gems.

This definitely depends on who you ask. I would say that globally, my school is probably best known for its arts college, the Tisch school of the arts, and the famous alumni associated with that particular branch of the school. This is, I suppose, to be expected, as NYU Tisch has produced more Academy Award winners than any other undergraduate program in the country. On a more local level, however, NYU is infamous for our President, John Sexton's, mission to expand the school and frequent acquisition of property in Manhattan's lower half, including several beloved historical sites.

NYU almost can't be described as one entity. We have schools devoted to art, business, social work, etc. We have students who fit almost every point along any spectrum. As a whole, though, I think NYU is best known for as a place of privilege and prowess, opinions and activism, and expansion and 'improvement' (depending on how you look at it). Though, whether you hate it or love it, I think everyone agrees that NYU is a completely unique undergraduate experience in terms of locale and social environment. We also tend to attract the token former child actor!

The beauty of NYU is it's ability to accomadate every student that enters its doors. Each of its schools are highly regarded so it's safe to say that whatever major you can imagine, you will find it here. Above all else, NYU is the prime place to network with fellow students and alumni in efforts to secure a job following graduation. To prepapre you for these encounters, NYU offers helpful feedback and aid at the Wasserman Center for Career and Development. Given the fact that NYU prides itself in being a global community, any and all are welcome.

My school is best known for allowing students to remain indivuals amongst a diverse population of students while acquiring an education in the real world that prepares them for the real world. My school is known for it's liberal, open-minded stance, and is also home to students from every walk of life, from every background and from all different parts of the world. NYU is also known as "in and of the city", meaning that New York City is meant to inspire, influence and challenge the students as they pursue a college degree.

It's probably best known for it's campus. The wide New York City area is open to many job opportunities, meal varieties, shopping experiences, and people networking. While most traditional colleges have a campus with rolling green hills, NYU has a campus of growing skyscrapers and rolling taxi cabs. Even so, the student community manages to get together and be close by hosting and participating in student activities and talking about events that happen around the city. It is very diverse and open to making discoveries.

New York University is best known for the enviornment that it is in. In fact very few schools can boast having their university located in a very busy and well-known city. Here students get many opportunities to apply for a job or as interns and gain the skills that are needed in the professional world. However, NYU also has a very nice study abroad program which students can take advantage of by taking courses in a foreign country. This program can give students a unique experience.

The arts. At least that's what I'm most proud of my school for. It's home to such a diverse group of artistic minds, a thinking tank for new ideas and forms. I've never been more inspired than when woring on my writing after having deep conversations with friends or analyzing pieces in a class discussion. The city itself if also a huge breeding ground for new ideas, as I'm always immersed in a sea of people that range from all different walks of life. It's energizing.

NYU is known for its location, academics, and diversity. New York City is like the potpourri of America; I have met countless students from a variety of locations and cultures. I've met people with southern and British accents, people who have kids and are going for their second bachelor?s degree, and people who are just trying to live the dream that is NYU. The university?s academic superiority is undeniable, and the experience itself is unforgettable.