North Carolina State University at Raleigh

« See more reviews of North Carolina State University at Raleigh

What is the stereotype of students at your school?

Stereotypes? there like 30,000 people here, we've got just about every kind of person you can imagine. Some examples: our computer and engineering buildings can be fun to watch as classes change because all you see are middle-easterners coming out (like 80% of them). But, overal NCSU has a very diverse group of students, I can't even begin to think about listing any specific stereotypes besides maybe a little hint of southern influence overall.

There are not any major stereotypes that I have heard of, although I tend to hear that students at State are only engineers or agriculture majors. There is little mention of other majors. This is partially accurate, although not completely true. North Carolina State University is mostly composed of engineering and agriculture majors, but also offers a wide variety of majors.

I am not from North Carolina so I am unfamiliar with many of the stereotypes about NCSU and the students. I suppose that alot of students are country hicks could be one stereotype.

1. Students only go to NCSU if they don't get into Carolina. 2. NCSU is only good for engineering.

Hmm...well I heard that everyone thinks we're nothing but farmers...we are an agriculture school.

some stereotypes are that states students are mainly fraternity/sorority types and farmers

I don't really know any. Maybe they are all farmers...I haven't heard any

That our campus population is heavily composed of rednecks and farmers.

Farmers, lots of guys, bad greek life, huge school

That we are all agriculture students and hicks.