North Central University Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for North Central University

I love NCU! I will be a senior this fall and am so thankful for the years I have attended. I have been challenged, uplifted, encouraged, and made better as a person. Spiritually, I can say that I have made huge leaps forward and am stronger in my faith as a result. I have learned so much about what it means to surrender to the Lord and allow Him to refine my heart. The time spent here is completely priceless!

Ashlyn

I love North Central University, especially the sense of community and the people who make up the faculty and staff. The professors are extremely helpful and I thrive in the small class atmosphere that is offered. I enjoy getting to know the people on my dorm floor and have made a lot of new friends because everybody is so nice and friendly. I love the fact that professors want to help us succeed and strive to teach us as much as possible.

I transferred to North Central as a sophomore and absolutely love it here, it is not your typical college as it is located in the heart of downtown Minneapolis, but the community and atmosphere around campus is amazing. There is never a shortage of things to do and the professors genuinely care about you and are invested in what you do. They want to make your dreams a reality.

North Central is a great community. It has a great atmosphere, there's no partying with drinking at all. It's a very safe place and very much on fire for God. North Central is centered on God, and it makes for an amazing experience. It is a small school, making for smaller class sizes, but it is pretty close knit as well.

Kailey

North Central University as a private Christian college is immersed in culture and the arts, with a passion throughout the campus for God. Professors at NCU have a sincere heart for every student and a want to see each individual succeed. Yet one blemish is the food served within the Deli and Cafeteria, which is often tasteless and much like the common high school cafeteria food. But the Cafeteria isn't completely flawed, as the always-open-endless ice cream bar will really make the Freshman 15 a real thing. All in all, North Central is a terrific university to attend, with great passion, great faculty, not so great food, and a delectable endless ice cream bar.

Adison

North Central University is the most amazing college. The community of students and faculty is unlike any other that I have seen. There is a very close-knit community that isn't found very often in many colleges, but that is the benefit of a small school. You get to know those in your classes, as well as the faculty, who are always accessible, caring, and willing to help (whether it be school related or not).

Kendra

I believe North Central has a great environment. The professors are amazing and there are many things to do. The school is placed in the center of it all. Also, the business program is one of the best around. I would highly recommend this school to anyone who is a believer in Christ and wants to pursue their calling.

Melika

I absolutely love it! The community is phenomenal. The professors are relational. Our school really strives to cultivate an atmosphere that emphasizes both academic excellence and spiritual growth. I've learned so much and have met some of the greatest people in the world at this school.

Danielle

The emphasis of education here is strongly fabricated into the students, I have personally learned a lot. Most of the students here are very genuine as well as the staff and the sizes of the classrooms are not very big which means there tends to be a lot of person interaction with the professors.

Juliann

I have spent one year at North Central University after attending a community college for two years. With the price tag at nearly $30,000 per year, one would assume that the campus would be beautiful with state of the art facilities and resources. This is sadly not the case. NCU has aging buildings that that leak with rain or snow. Given that we live in a state with never ending winters, one can see how this might be a problem. Also, the furniture that is in dorms and public areas is decades old and dirty/decaying. The food is the worst part. I didn't realize that salad could be God-awful, but North Central somehow found a way to even mess that up. Students often say that the Christian community makes NCU stand out, but realistically, a prospective student could create that community at a school that won't cause their parents to mortgage their house. NCU prides itself on its music program but there are schools that offer better facilities to pursue music and overall will offer students opportunities. While I'm grateful for the opportunity to receive a higher education, I'm deeply disappointed in the overall experience at this institution.

Erika

I love North Central. There is an amazing environment and culture on campus that makes people want to be involved. I have been given many opportunities to be involved with things both on-campus and elsewhere that I would not have had access to otherwise. My professors are genuine and truly care about the students here. The spiritual community is like none other and I am grateful that I go to a school where I can both grow, but also openly struggle, as a person. I have found lifelong friends and support here.

Griffin

From what i have seen, North Central University is a very great place. There are many things to do and many different oportunites todo things you love. I am extremely interested in the Basketball team, they focus on winning but most importantly playing to honor God, and I find that very Important.

Anthony

It's a great theological school, but a lot of the students feel shallow, or under educated. the professors do a good job of teaching the classes and the campus is quaint but it's nothing spectacular. There's not much to do around campus after school, so most of us stay in.

Jocelynn

I love North Central University! One amazing aspect of the school is the kindness and caring nature of staff and students. The Residence Hall Leadership teams are phenomenal as well! They are wonderful at helping residents become well-adjusted to campus life! The academics are top notch, but my favorite part of NCU is the astonishing spiritual atmosphere. The campus and all therein belong to Christ. He is invited into every aspect of daily life at NCU, and the presence of God rests on campus! I love my school!

Larraine

I am an online student at North Central University. I enjoy the one-on-one class sizes and it was very easy to get enrolled. I was supposed to be staggering my classes to finish my degree sooner, but there seems to be many times where I just have one class. The financial aid is a bit challenging to deal with the way it is dispersed. The supportive staff are great!

Very good school with good people, but definitely has the resources of a small school. Not much diversity. Not tons of clubs or activities that are not faith-based, and not an extremely focused on sports program. Good for growing in your relationship with God, getting out into the surrounding city, and if you are not looking for a ton of clubs or extracurricular. Directly in the heart of Minneapolis, so a mixture of great opportunities and sometimes shady neighbors. What the school lacks though is likely easily found in the surrounding Minneapolis community.

Rodrigo

I love the community at North Central. We're a small school with a rather tiny campus. However, we are also at the heart of Minneapolis. In a way, the whole downtown area feels like part of campus; in fact, the Vikings stadium is only a couple blocks away from our soccer field. The opportunity we have to interact with an incredibly diverse community right outside our school is beyond compare. Not everyone takes that opportunity, but those who do greatly benefit from the expansion of their worldview.

Brittny

I love this university! The community is so wonderful and supportive. There is always someone to go to if you need to talk. The class sizes are comfortable. Professors make it clear that they are open to help with academic related issues and also issues out of the classroom. There is always something to do or something to get involved in. I am truly blessed to be where I am.

Matthew

Great School. We have a great math and computer science program, no engineering yet, but a good place to get a foundation before grad school.

Kieran

It is a great school for not only students, but also the christian life of the college as well they all love God, which I love the school very much.

isabella

It is a well rounded school with fantastic core values. As a young woman who values safety I am very proud to say that their strict no drinking rules and semi-strict open dorm rules make me feel very safe for the upcoming fall semester. To know I will be attending a school where safety is highly valued and carefully monitored gives me great security.

Nathan

It is an amazing university with friendly professors and students. Very involved with the arts as well as academics. I love the community and atmosphere. The campus is also amazing, it is a cozy college town in Minneapolis that is near the train so it is easy to get around.

Jade

I think the university is good overall. However, as a Christian institution, I think they take some of the rules too far. For example, chapel requirements where students are expected to go to church for an hour a day most days of the semester. I also felt I was not advocated for when I needed accomodations for educational purposes.

jack

1st year of my PHD and think the school is great. classes are all online. the class requirements are well documented with great examples to help with a better understanding on deliverables. the professors are reachable as well as the online library.

Autumn

Overall, I love North Central University. The community is incredible, the professors truly care about the students, and the atmosphere provides a place for growth and encouragement. It is truly a great place for young adults to learn and discover what they want to do with their life!