North Greenville University

« See more reviews of North Greenville University

If i could go back in time and talk to myself as a High School senior I would tell myself to apply for more scholarships, to try harder, and to not procrastinate. All three of these things are essential in college life. School is expensive and I wish i could have realized that last year to be more prepared for the years to come with loans. I did not try my best throughout high school and i regret that. I wish I could tell myself to buckle down and put some initiative into my work to be proud of it. Since I have started college i have learned to do my work days ahead of time. This is less stress and worry on my part when the due date comes up. If i had known how to do this last year, I would not have lost as much sleep due to worry. I am proud of my accomplishments in school, but I would do those three things differently if I could talk to myself one year ago.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior and I knew what I know about college life and making the transition, I would tell myself to stay focused and remeber my main goal's for going to college. I would mention to stay focused because college life coming from high school can be challenging and overwhelming. I would also mention to remember my main goal's for going to college which are getting an education, finding my passion for becoming an educator, and making lifelong friendships because personally that is my main purpose. So far, this advice has done well for me at North Greenville University. I am earning a well deserved education, as a junior, I am so thrilled to only have two more years left until I become a teacher and I have met amazing people who I look forward to cherishing their friendships the rest of my life!

I currently attend a community college in Placerville, California. I have been going to this school since 2005 on and off. Since I have been here I have learned alot about my self and what I want to do for my future. I have realized that my life latley needs a bounce back into action and I need to take a leap towards furthering my education for my family. I started college when I was still attending the last part of my senior year in high school. I had just had a baby and gone through a hard task of adoption being that I was only 16 years of age. The only thing that kept me going was school and kept me up on my feet. I dont feel that I would be here today if it wasnt for me staying in school in between having my two beautiful children. College has given me an edge on my future and a path to success that i would not change for anything.

I have recieved a variety of things out of my college experience. College has allowed me to better express myself. I know longer feel bound by the chains of fitting in like I did in high school. College has also taught me how to be a better organizer and less of a procrastinator. In college, I also feel that I stive to do better work than I did in high school. I believe that this is because I actually have to pay for my education and that causes me to take it more seriously. Right now I am attending a two year university. I had no idea of what I wanted to major in so I decided to go ahead and just do my generals. This experience at the two year university has allowed me to see all of the options that are available. Because of this I now know what I want to major in and achieve when I attend a four year university in the fall.

Hey Amanda, I know you are stressing out about this whole "college" thing, but it is going to be ok! Just remember when you get there to take time out during your hectic schedule to make time for yourself. If you work, work, work and never take a break, you are going to burn out. But don't slack off! Grades are important and you need to do your best despite all the distractions. The hard part is finding a balance between working hard and having fun. Don't tear yourself up when you make something less than an "A" on a paper or a test; it will be ok! Talk to your professors, because they are there to help you, and will do what they can to guide you through your projects. Good luck to you, Amanda, and treasure the memories that you make during these days, for you will remember them always. ~Amanda Friederich

My college experience at North Greenville University has been amazing. The people are very friendly and welcoming. I have made so many great friends. The Professors genuinly care and want to help you succeed. Since it is a smaller university you have smaller classe sizes. This means your professors and everyone in your class actually knows you by name. I have gained confidence and knowledge about the world through my college experience. There have been many engaging and interesting discussions in my classes. I have also gained independence and and a passion to succeed in everything that I do. I feel like Im working towards a degree that could help me impact the world. I think it has been valuable to attend this university because of all that I have gained from the experience. I think I have had the best college experience.

Students seeking to go to college should apply to several colleges that fit the needs of the individual. Many factors can determine whether or not a student should attend a certain school. Once the needs of the student are mapped out, a student can then determine which institution will work better. Students should choose a college not only for academics, but for social life as well. It is true that one can graduate after four years of college and go on to have a successful career. For most, this idea seems boring and is unnatural. The four years of college is the time in a persons life that should be well spent and remembered for not only having a great education, but also for having a wonderful time and meeting new friends. A student should not only consider academics or finances when choosing a college to attend.

I would tell myself that the choice I would soon be making about college would be in the top three most important choices I would ever make in my life; therefore, the decision would have to be made wisely and correctly. Although money is certainly a priority in choosing a college, the education that will be received at the chosen college must be my primary factor in my final decision. Also, I would tell myself to research what alumni in my particular major from my optional colleges have gone on and accomplished. I would want to know the difficulty of finding a job those alumni had as well. Finally, I would tell myself to make as wise of a financial decision as possible. If I must take out loans to get through college, the plan would be to be able to pay off those loans within five years upon graduation.

If I could go back in time the biggest piece of advice I would give myself is to pay on my student loans while I am in school. It does not matter if it is $10 per week or $50 per month. Whatever money is paid during the college will have a huge impact on the amount of money that needs to be paid back once school is complete. Another tip about student loans is to find out the interest that accrues over the year and make sure that at least that is paid by the end of the year. If not every year the accrued interest is additional to the capital of the loan that was not borrowed. This results an increase in capital and the following year interest will be charged to the new larger amount owed. The best part about accrued interest is that you have all year to make payments before it is added to the capital.

I have learned so much about myself, and my studies. I have loved everything about my experience, but my favorite class would have to be this past summer.I took a study abroad class to Costa Rica. There I learned my Spanish, which is what I am minoring. I experienced the culture and the people. It was everything I could ever wish for. I think it is so valuable for someone to go to college, because it is not just about learning the classes, it is also about figuring yourself out. I have learned so much about myself, my learning habits, the people around me, why I am the way that I am, and who I would like to be. It is such an important part of your life, and you need to take it with everything you got, because this is your life now, this is what you are striving for. Make each moment count.