North Greenville University

« See more reviews of North Greenville University

I would give the advice to anyone so that they are better equiped than I was when I transitioned to college from high school. I would say that you should take as many AP classes so you could get a feel for the work load at college. Everyone who knows time management skills know that it is a wonderful thing to have. The reasoning being because when you go to college you are on your own and you are forced to learn time management skills. It would be better for you if you learned them while in high school. I would also say that you must start to take responsibility in getting yourself up in the morning, doing your laundry, and having your homework done in a timely fashion. This will help any student transition to college more easily if they start doing these things in high school.

During my experience at college, I have learned to interact with other students from different backgrounds, what to expect out of life, and how to reach my goals. Interacting with people from different backgrounds is very import. God created us all and we all need to learn how to interact together. Life is too short to spend time on figuring out how to achieve this task. This university has helped me be extremely independent. I can count on myself to complete task, make plans (organized), and budget my money. North Greenville has also helped me plan my career and what i need to do to reach my goals. My advisor made a track for me and has been there for any problem I have faced. Over all college has been a great experience; socially, benefitically, and learning experiences.

If I could have the privilege of going back to highschool, senior year, I would give myself so much advice. First, I would tell myself that a community college is still a good start, and to not be afraid of the community college just because it's a 2 year degree program, because in the long run, it will be cheaper. Second, I would tell myself to choose a major that I can see myself doing everyday, even if I got paid nothing for doing the work. And if I am unsure of what that is, start college but then maybe take sometime off when the decision really needs to be made. Finally, I would advice myself to take my grades serious and choose friends that do too. Because after college is over there has to be something to show for it, and hopefully it's a successful story.

North Greenville University has afforded me many opportunites to grow -- as a student and as a Child of God. I love the teachers and other faculty here because they honestly want me to succeed and do everything they can to assist me during my time here. I love how my teachers pray before class and spur me on towards greatness. Since I was homeschooled my whole life, I thought the transition from high school to college would be scary. To my relief, the students and faculty made the transition actually fun and enjoyable! The education department is showing me how to become an educator that is caring, efficient and constantly learning. Because of North Greenville's influence on my education, I am excited about what God has in store for my future.

To take things slow. Talk to your parents, friends, relatives, pastor, etc. They all have great advise and points that should be considered. Definately for me, it was a wrong choice to choose a huge school like Clemson University. Here at North Greenville University, it is like I never left home. Although the classes are very demanding, they are extremely interesting and the professors are here for you, not the pay check that so many larger schools seem. True, reading pages a day is hard, and tryign to fit in activities between studying, but campus life does make things easier. From the laid back and welcoming attitude of the faculty, to the helpfulness of the RAs, to the simplicity of the campus, it makes things go a little smoother.

I would advise myself to save as much money for college as possible. I would work on making great grades and looking for scholarhips. I would work on being more sociable and feeling more comfortable around people that I don't know. Also, I would be more involved in the community so that I could become very involved in college functions once I made the transition. I would work on getting to know people and not being too trusting of people I don't know well. I would tell myself to work hard and to do the best that I can in all things - in classwork, in relationships, etc. College has been and continues to be a wonderful experience, and I believe if I had known more of these things then the college experience would be even more amazing.

Do not be nervous about anything. God is in control and all of it will work out. Take every dual-enrollment class you can in high school because it will pay off. College life is expensive so apply for every scholarship out there! Your odds go up when you apply for them. Do not procrastinate anything; you will regret it. Do not be shy when you arrive to college. Everyone is looking for someone to hang out with, not just you. Do not room with your best friend; it causes way too much trouble. Lastly, spend time with your friends from high school, because they are easily lost. Also, spend time with your family, and soon you will discovery mom and dad are right. Have fun in college. It is so much better than high school!

If I could go back in time and talk to myself when I was a high school senior, and honstly know about college the way I do now I would have probably learned more about other colleges and what they offered. I would have really asked my self how far am i willing to be from my family and friends. North Greenville being a private Christian school they have so many rules that you have to follow. I would have really talked to myself and asked is this really the school that i want to attend, somewhere that not even my dad can come into my doorm and visit. When I got ecepted to NGU I just settled with it instead of having my opitions open. I look back now and wish I would have really search and prayed to where I really need to go.

I would tell myself to first off, and most importantly, stop taking my mom for granted. I never realized how much she did for me and how hard it is to begin living on my own and making tough decisions for myself. I would have known how to do a better job at putting myself out there. It seems that the only people I hang out with in college are people that live in my dorm and that is tough because when you live with people sometimes you need to get away. I would also remind myself that going home is okay, sometimes it is what you need and not to feel bad about it. I would also remind myself to enjoy the rest of my senior year, but get excited about college, yes it new and scary but it also a great experience and exciting.

Jill, you have had your parents to lead and guide you to help you in your decision making up until this point. Now it is up to you how you will manage your time, choose your friends and handle yourself. Make good decisions. You will be making a lot of very important life decisions over the next ten years and where you choose to go to college is the first of them. Hear your parents out. They have known you your whole life, so do not leave them out of this very important time in your life. Trust yourself. You are on the brink of adult-hood and you are smart enough to make good decisions. The lack of making a decision is making a decision. Lastly, live. Truly live. Do not fear the future, embrace it!