Traverse City, MI
Northwestern Michigan College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Northwestern Michigan College

Nic

none that I know of but from my experience, alot of dumb people that slow things down and iritate the shit out of me.

The academics are good unless you get a new teacher, then they completely suck because they are still trying to figure out what to do.

Michelle

I would first give myself a pat on the pack for completing two colleges classes, saving my future self money. I wish I would have done my research or asked for help in high school on how to sign up for financial aid so I didn't feel so lost when I got here. Trying to find a niche right when you get to college and sticking with it is key, because you're going to be with these students for the next 2-3 years and it's hard to leave certain groups of people and come back when they've moved on and you're back at the start. I left on a trip around the country after completing a semester of art classes and getting used to this new group of people, and am now going back to art next year, but it will be a completely new group of people that I have to meet and get to know.

I believe my school has a very expressive nature, not too conservative, but not unruly. I think this is due to our art department really allowing art students express themselves, and that leaks out into the rest of the NMC community,

I wish I had known more about how to recieve and sign up for financial aid before entering college, but that was my high school's fault.

Monique

If I could go back in time I would tell myself that college is going to be completely different. Everything that you have learned for the past twelve years will not compare at all to what college is going to be like. I would emphasize the fact that you only go through high school once and that I should enjoy it as much as possible and to do everything I can to get the full experience. For example, go to all the pep rallies, dances, sporting events, and etc... However, I would warn myself to keep up my grades like I did because a good GPA does help out tremendously with getting scholarships and financial aid. In addition, I would reccommend taking advanced placement college courses to get some experience if you are going out of town for college. If you are deciding to stay in town though, then I would tell myself that there is no need to take college classes before you are actually in college. Consequently, I would highlight the need to enjoy highschool while it lasts.

Northwestern Michigan College is best known for the friendly environment and the people. For example, all the teachers and staff are super nice and greet the students and visitors with a warm welcome. Also, Northwestern Michigan College is known for the good classroom sizes because they provide more one-on-one time. The class sizes are around 25-30, so it is easy to talk to the teacher and get help if you are struggling.

Northwestern Michigan College is afforable for everyone.

Paige

The parking lots, because sometimes there isnt enough spots to park and the lots are far away from buildings in many cases.

Someone who is looking for a hands on experience in their education.

School is important at all ages. Pay attention and ask as many questions as you need. Give yourself enough time to get to school and be a little early for classes. Meet new people and enjoy your time at school, but remember to focus and get your work done on time.

Shane

I would tell myself to not take advantage of high school athletics and being with your classmates. I would've told myself to really enjoy everyday and really try and make connections with classmates that you never used to talk to. I would also bring up the fact that there is no need to be worried about the transition from highschool to college, and that i need to keep my head high and know it will all workout in my favor.

If I had to choose, it would be that it is such a small school, it kind of feels like high school all over again.

They are all older aged men who already have some experience in the field.

Advice that I would give myself is to focus better on test taking because still to this day I struggle with tests and it can be a big impact once attending college. If i would have tried harder in highschool to do better on tests I wouldnt struggle so much in college, but other than that everything has improved after highschool including my GPA, so must be doing something right.

My school is best known for not only offering associates, some bachelorette degrees and several other degrees through the university center. NMC not only offers such a wide range of degrees and certificates, but has extended education programs that are offered a wide array of non credited classes to several local residents. " If you're going to increase the population that has college... community colleges will have to play a central role".

My classmates are amazing we love to communicate with each other and we all put in team effort when working together making class enojoyable and academic.

Katye

If I went back in time I would tell myself to be better prepared with class material. I would get extra help with math, to understand it better so that I wouldnt have to struggle so much in college math courses. I would also challenge myself in more science classes so that I could jump with both feet into the nursing program without having to take extra classes. Advocating for myself is also HUGE now that I am in college. I would stand up for myself and get the help when I didnt understand something.

My classmates seem to be energetic and eager to learn.

The most frustrating thing at my school is our math department because the department determines math grades on just test and on exams regardless of hwo much work a student puts into the class.

Lindsey

I wish I would have known how easy it is to receive help if you are struggling. There are so many resources available to help with the classes that you may be struggling in.

I think anyone can attend this school. It is very diverse and welcoming to anyone and everyone, no matter your ethnicity, gender, age, or disabilities.

Since, I have been out of school for quite a while, I would like to tell myself as a Senior, how important it is to enjoy the college experience. To learn as much as you can, not only from classes but from individuals. That this is an important stepping stone to becoming the adult you are going to be. I would also tell myself to work harder at doing well in school, and not to blow anything off.

Kaelyn

So far I honestly can not list anything bad about Northwestern Michigan College except that it is not a four year school. I feel the education that I am receiving is first rate and I wish I did not have to eventually transfer to finish my degree.

The person that should not attend this school is the person who is not serious about getting a good education. Many people look at a Community College as an easy way to go to college. They think the classes are easier than a four year university but they are wrong. The classes I have taken are no less than at a university and are just as demanding.

I would tell myself to take more AP classes. I only took one and passed the test so I received college credit for it. I could have taken at least two more but did not have the self confidence to believe I could pass them. If I ended up having to retake the classes in college, because I did not get an A on the exam, it would just mean learning more and refining my skills. You can never get to much education. I would also suggest to myself to duo-enroll at Northwestern Michigan College which would help me to see what college was like before I became a full time college student.

I would encourage high school counselors to be more involved with their student’s future and for parents to be educated on the options and opportunities their kids have. I wish I would have attended the career tech center or did some college classes while in high school so I could see how a college class was like and what campus life was like. The work load was surprising to me and I would of like to of been better prepared for that. I wish I would of shadowed different kinds of careers. Problem wasn’t really high school but more so life after high school. Living on my own having my own bills, working full time, and trying to go to school full time; nobody prepares you for that juggling act.

Stick to themselves, little clicks, hard to get out of their shell.

Just the right size, quiet and cozey, willing to help students.

Northwestern Michigan College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.