Ohio University-Main Campus

« See more reviews of Ohio University-Main Campus

The beautiful campus and friendliness of everyone on campus. Walking through College Green and down Court Street, you instantly feel those college town vibes. People come from all over, because we have a lot of fantastic programs. Everyone seems to be down to earth and there is no doubt that you couldn't find a group of people with similar interests. I have the best friends in the world from OU. OU also offers great career services and extracurricular programming. It doesn't hurt that our bar scene is infamous either! There is always plenty to do in Athens!

The best quality of Ohio University for me IS the fact that it's a large campus set in a small town. Everything in the college is very compact, and it's hardly necessary to possess a car on campus. Everything is within walking distance. With an enrollment of over 20,000 students, a percentage of them international, the variety of backgrounds and viewpoints on campus is amazing. I would venture to say that there are few other campuses on which I could walk down the street and hear German, Arabic, AND Portuguese being spoken on any given day.

Ohio University is the rare university that gives back what you put into it. I relate it to an album - there are some that are immediately great, some that are pretty terrible, and those odd ones that you think could be good if you listen to it closely for all of the instrumentation, lyrics, and overall production of the work. Ohio University is to colleges what that album is to the music world - unique, difficult to affiliate with immediately, but upon further inspection a great place to learn, laugh, love, and grow into maturity.

The strong sense of belonging that students on this campus feel as soon as they arrive. Ohio University is in a small town so you get aquainted with the campus very quickly, and can always find a familiar face walking uptown or in a classroom. Everything you need is within walking distance, and because of the beautiful, old buildings and various greens throughout the campus, the scenery is always worth the walk. The atmosphere is always upbeat around campus, and people are very friendly and willing to help out those in need.

I think that the best thing about my school is the diversity here. So far I have met so many different people from all of Ohio and US. I have friends from California, Chicago and parts of Ohio. I have also had a chance to meet and get to know a few people from India and Ghana. My high school was not very diverse and it was dominantly white. However, now I have African American, Hispanic and Indian friends as well as white. My friendships with a variety of different people have exposed me to diverse lifestyles of other cultures.

I love everything about my school. The campus is exquisite; it features red brick roads and buildings, lots of grass and trees, and there are so many spots to just sit and enjoy nature. I like the academics, and I am currently enrolled in the Scripps Journalism School, which is one of the top Journalism programs in the nation. The classes are challenging but not impossible, and I really feel like I?m learning. Most of all, I like the laid-back characteristics of the people, faculty, and overall campus here.

The best thing about Ohio University are the teachers. They will help you no matter what. If you have a question they will take time at the end of class or whenever they're free to further explain the lessons in class. If you have trouble on certain subjects, there are tutors everywhere who can help. It is easy and convenient to go to the nearby library to find a tutor and to also create study groups. The teachers and students here are willing to help if you have any questions.

I consider the best thing about my school is the atmosphere. I have never been to a place that is so accepting of people; whether you are White, Black, Gay or Straight, you are accepted. When walking through campus, people smile at you even if you do not know them. If you attend Ohio University, you will fall in love with it. After a few weeks of being there I felt at home, which is not something most people can say at their University.

The best thing about my school is that it is a totally diffrent place from where i live. It allows me to start new , there are so many diffrent types of people here it lets me explore . I can meet new people from diffrent cultures and make lots of new friends. My school is four hours away from my home so it gives me the sense of being on my own and taking care of myself like working a job. I have to do things on my own as an adult .

I think the best thing about Ohio University is the small town atomosphere. I love that it is a little city and you are likely to run into people you know walking to classes or running errands. Ohio University's business and journalism school are nationally ranked and known by employers. There is alot of distractions in Athens and I feel if you graduate from here it is showing employers that you have strong time management skills.