Old Dominion University

« See more reviews of Old Dominion University

Anyone really could attend ODU, its a matter of adjusting. The campus has thousands of students, many of which are not the typical college profile, just out of high school starting college. There are students that are prior military, transfer, parents, graduate, ODU is like a bigger 4 year community college. Not all of the students are exactly academically focused either, social life, parties, the regular college gossip seems to be a bigger priority than education. If you are acdemically driven and need space to study I would say ODU is not the place for you.

The type of person who should not attend Old Dominion University is someone who doesn't have strong beliefs in themselves and can't function alone. Just like on every campus, there are times when everyone is alone. Wether is studying for a final, doing a project, or writing an important essay. A future student should be true to their own beliefs since there are many temptations that some kids won't want to follow. If a student cannot think for themselves and just follows the crowd they find themselves with, Old Dominion University is not the school for them.

The kind person who shouldn't attend ODU is one who isn't willing to study or be responsible for his or her life. Going to college is no simple task. It can be very expensive, and the work can be stressful and difficult. If someone isn't willing to study then he or she will struggle something terrible in class and most likely fail, wasting precious time, materials, and money. Also, attending college is a time when people are expected to become adults. If one decides to shirk responsibility and be imprudent, he or she will definitely regret it.

If you have a habit of chronic procrastination and letting your grades go in the middle of the semester then you shouldn't attend Old Dominion. While there are resources at the school that can help you if you get off track for a semester, this is college. You need to learn and exert time management skills if you want to succeed as the professors are sometimes so enthusiastic that they treat their class as the most important in the university and assign students workloads with that belief in mind. This is not a big party; this is ODU.

Everyone should attend this school. Whatever your niche, Old Dominion University has something to suit the personalities of everyone. Introverts come out of their shells through the various campus activities and organizations around. Extroverts have a fantastic time being a part of all the activities, and getting out there to help those introverts come out of heir shells. Those that fall in between are not left out either. Old Dominion is a very diverse school, and I've met many people that hail from various countries and cultures.

In no way would I discourage anyone to go to this fabulous university, however Old Dominion University has a certain student type that not every person would appreciate. For one, the population of Old Dominion seems to be heavily influenced with black men and women. I am black, therefore I do not have a problem with this yet some people might. Another reason this university would not be ideal for everyone is it is in the "ghetto" and that may not appeal to everyone. I will say this though, the parties on campus are fantastic.

It is hard to say what kind of person should not attend Old Dominion University. One who is from a small town with little diversity should look at other schools that are closer to their comfort zone because Old Dominion would be far from it. Those who do not like the city or having a lot going on, check out some smaller schools. If the student is not into school spirit or meeting many new, easy-going people then Old Dominion is not for them. Old Dominion offers so much, it is difficult to think of who should not attend.

The type of person that should attend this school is anyone willing to put in the effort to learn. There are many different types of people that go to school at Old Dominion University, so there is no specific type of person. Any one who wants to commute to school or live on campus should go here. It is very convient. This college has almost anything needed to succeed at school. Anyone who likes the people they went to high school with or don't mind cities should go here. Also, people who are not fortunate enough to move.

Students who are not used to being around many people or attending a school with many students and do not adapt well to change should not attend Old Dominion University. It is a large campus with many students, and it is not possible to avoid large classes throughout your time at the university. While some students can adapt to this, or may already be used to it, some cannot and they struggle and suffer through their time here, usually transferring or dropping out.

I don't think there is any type of person that shouldn't attend this school and I think that should be the same for any University. People just need to find the right University that fits them, such as their intended major. For example, the only reason why a person should not attend any type of University, or in this case, Old Dominion University, is if they cannot find the major they wanted to pursue within the University. That's my opinion.