Joplin, MO
Ozark Christian College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Ozark Christian College

Bryttanie

As I high school senior, I was enrolled in college classes within the community college in Reno. Although, I was taking the classes, they almost seemed easier because I had my high school teachers help with almost everything. If I could go back and give myself advice, I would tell myself not to rely on other people so much. Being in college without the aspects of high school is so much different. I would tell myself that I need to stay focused in order to succeed, it isn't as easy to just decide I can skate by, I have to study and I have to be prepared. It is imperative to do my best and not do anything half way, otherwise, I won't learn what I am supposed to. But most of all, I would tell myself that it is possible, if I put my mind to it. In high school, college seemed scary, but now, actually being there, it isn't as hard or scary as I thought it would be.

Kristi

Ozark is a very religious, devoted school that loves its students and wants to see them grow as mature adults more than anything.

If I could go back to talk to myself as a naive senior, about to enter the word of responsibility, loans, syllabi, and bills, I think I would tell myself not to stress. This may sound peculiar in light of all the stressors I listed above, but those things you can't really do anything about. Sure, it is possible to make it through college debt-free and it is possible to work enough to pay your bills yet still somehow have enough time to get your homework done. But let's be honest, those things often come at a cost, which can often be our sanity. Whether we make it through the fastest way possible and come out with $10,000 in loans or whether we take six years to complete our bachelors but come out debt-free, sanity will still be lost along the way. So don't stress about it. Decide what is most valuable and go for it, responsibly, yet stress-free. This is a part of life you will make it through and it will fly by, so don't let it be the worst years because of the pressure and anxiety.

Christian, committed to school work

Derek

They are very agreeable and easy to get along with and there is an openess between students that is rare at most colleges without most of the cliques.

Get on the ball and get scholarships, get on top of your grades, and just put more effort into high school. I know it seems at the time like it's not that important and you don't have to try hard to do well, but strive to be excellent! When you get to college, you will be glad that you did. It is better to do all that you can now to avoid debt and struggle that is inevitable in the college life. Also, develop good study habits.

It is considered a private school so many state grants and things will not come into effect here.

Matthew

Whole-hearted individuals who love helping others.

Whole-hearted individuals who love helping others.

I have learned a lot about history and the Bible. Also, I have better learned how to help others and better deal with my own personal situations.

Marco

Ozark is a great school for building personal and professional relationships that will help encourage you in your professional endeavors after entering into the working world, and there are plenty of opportunities made available by the faculty to allow for networking and internship opportunities.

I received an excellent education at Ozark and the most valuable thing I have received from its faculty and staff was the inspiration to uphold a higher moral standar for myself and they people that I interact with every day. There is no way to measure the benefits that came from what my professors displayed in their conduct outside of an academic setting. Their character outside of the classrom provided for a good example of what a morally and upright person can do to promote positive change in the world.

The most frustrating thing about Ozark for me wasn't so much the school itself, but the various weather conditions that occur in the midwest. Coming from the central valley in California, I was not used to such cold weather and spectacular thunder storms.

Mariela

The advice that i would tell myself would be to finish high school with good grades and not to slack off because its senior year. Also DO NOT take time off after graduating high school. Go straight to college and keep doing your best. I would advise my self to prioritize and no procrastination. Put your education first before any major desicions, because it will be more difficult to reach goals and never give up. Last but not least, always challange yourself. That is the advice i would give to myself .

Ozark is best known for preparing men and women to go out and evagelize to a wide variety of people and work within a community to better it.

Just remember it is going to be a tough transition moving to a school where you know absolutley no one but it is worth it. Do not be afraid to be outgoing and make new friends. People will love you for who you are and you will make some great friends for life at this school. Never give up, always push through.

Anyone who wants to have a deeper relationship with God even if they do not necessarily want to go into strictly ministry.

Melea

Everyone here makes you feel completely like family. As soon as you walk in everyone has a smile to share and a warm heart to make you feel welcome! It's truly an amazing atmosphere. Everyone cares about you and what is going on in your life and are sincerely interested! !

It's important to find the right college. One that makes you feel comfortable, offers classes to reach your desired degree and that offers many campus groups/clubs and activites. It's important to be diligent in your work but also find a balance for social activity. Try and find a club or orgainization that allows you to get involved with the college and this way it's easier to make friends. Having friends is essential for human lives and having a group will also help you excel in the classroom because your emotional needs for socializing will have been met!

Someone who is looking for a closer walk with Jesus! Who wants to dig deeper in their spiritual life wether becoming a preacher, missionary, teacher, counselor or even just attending for a year and then going on to another profession

Kyle

Pick a college that defines your study. Ozark Christian College is for students who wish to go directly into Christian ministry in the United States or abroad or seeking higher education in Theology or Psychology in graduate school directly after graduation. I would not encourage a student to attend here if they were indecisive about their degree since most of their credits will probably not transfer from here. However, if a student is looking to enter into Christian ministry or just needs a semester to increase their knowledge about Christianity in general or about the Bible, then this school would also be a great choice.

This school is dedicated toward helping students become ministers in the truest sense of the word, teaching people through the study of the Bible, serving people without arrogance and loving people unconditionally. We learn theology, hermeneutics, linguistics, pedagogy, sociology, history and anthropology in order to understand our culture and learn how to accept the people around us into compassionate communities. The professors are well-trained in teaching the Bible and serving their communities, showing us how to follow in their footsteps and to bring peace to the world through actions based on the actions of Jesus Christ.

Since we are a small school, we do not have the best facilities. While our education for Christian ministry is top notch, our classrooms, dormitories, cafeteria and gymnasium do not have the best equipment or capability. The school is working to correct this, however.

Jason

Ozark Christian College is a wonderful place to grow in your Christian walk with brothers and sisters in Christ who keep you accountable to growth in academics, spiritual disciplines, and community in general.

Find a college that provides a constructive environment for you to pursue the kinds of disciplines you are seeking to enhance or develop. Find a college that fosters strong community and has a committment to academic excellence. Lastly, find a college that is affordable and within your means of payment, for you will have to pay back all of the loans you take out.

The excessive rules because many of them are still in effect due to tradition. The rules sometimes keep students from attending there.

Ozark Christian College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.