Pennsylvania State University-Penn State Berks Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Pennsylvania State University-Penn State Berks

Snehkumar

I love the campus, I get to meet a lot of people and I love my classes. Everyone is friendly and the campus makes you feel at home. Even though I am a commuter, I have had to stay on campus a few times and I did not have a problem with anything or anyone. There are always events or clubs to join for everyone so no one feels left out.

Adallah

My overall opinion is that I like how its a small campus where everybody knows each other and that the class sizes are pretty small. The campus and RAs plan a lot of things to do for the weekend. Teachers are very helpful and understanding, so I have heard.

Lindsey

Overall, Pennsylvania State University-Penn State Berks is a great university to chose if you are a commuter or if you live on the campus itself. The professors are educated and always have office hours if you need help. The environment is nice to be in and the other students are very friendly. The library is a great place to go if you want to work on homework with your friends. The campus is not far from shopping, eatery, and other places.

Victoria

It isn't for everyone but it is a great place to be. A lot of people stay all four years. It is a beautiful campus with kind, caring staff and very diverse community of students and faculty.

Austin

Penn State Berks does not have a huge social life. We are not like Unibersity Park in that there are not parties every night. We have no Greek life. There are definitely somethings that could be improved but overall it is a pretty good campus. The faculty are really nice and willing to help where ever they can. The class sizes are great and the faculty is always looking to help you if you need it. The food on campus is not great but there are tons of restaurants in the nearby area. Great campus for 2+2 program.

Eduardo

Pennsylvania State University Berks campus is a very diverse campus with much to offer. The campus is very strong when it comes to academics, extracurricular activities, and more. This community ensures that every student gets the help they need in order to be successful. It is great that students are able to have that one on one connection with their professors for any occasion. In my opinion, this university in general feels safe. Everyone is looking out for one another and police services are always there to help when someone is in need. As a current student, Penn State Berks has brought me in with much care, support, and aid. Faculty ensure the comfort of students so that they can perform in the best possible way. If there are any financial issues, the office of student aid helps in every way they can. The walk from class to class is not far keeping in mind that this is a small campus. The dorms are structured very well to fit the comfort of the students that do not have their house near by. The campus is very beautiful and it is always kept clean on a daily basis because of the landscaping staff. The people here are so kind, respectful, and full Penn State pride. It is also a great university to build long term friendships with people for a lifetime. All the staff truly treat the students as if they were to be family and that is why I give Penn State Berks a 5/5.

mikala

As for the Pennsylvania State University, I am unable to speak, but when it comes to specifically Berks campus, I am home. The people I meet challenge and support in so many ways that I know I am living my life to the fullest. I am meeting people of all different types, and I am learning everyday. My campus is a family. There are of course the people I am not close with, but there are no enemies. I am never alone, and education is the main focus to everyone I meet. My professors are like parents. They care for my well- being, but they will tell me when I am making a bad decision or if I should do something different. Here at Berks, our food may not be the greatest, we may not have a Greek lifestyle, but I am able to grow as an individual, and grow as a part of the Biochemistry major as I know many others feel the same way.

Jewel

If you love small, quiet spaces, this school is for you. The classroom sizes are small, the professors are always accessible and fun to work with. I love this school, and the many activities, clubs, and community service opportunities here. We Are!!

Mercedes

Overall I love the campus! There's so much to do here and the professor really do a lot to teach. There's different clubs and sports to join so you'll never be bored. The campus is small and completely safe. The food here is very varietal and there's several plazas right across the street if you want to shop til you drop!

Takia

Penn State berks is a good school. Small campus which is good for me, and diverse with faces that I can get to know when seeing people. I just feel like they should have more jobs available for college students, they need to hire more financial aid assistants, and lower the cost of tuition down for students in need because the payment plans are crazy here with them not giving students enough time to pay for their tuition. Sometimes it seems like the staff doesn't care about students with financial needs. They also need to open up a campus convenient store and lower the cost of items, because it seems like normal items like toothbrush/earbuds/medication/ pencils/ etc. are wayyyyyy over-priced like around $15-20 for each item which is crazy.The most over priced items are in the bookstore, and are at some of the dining/café on campus. They need more food service dining halls. As well for the housing facilities they need an elevator, they know students bring a lot of stuff to campus, Come on!!!

Dylan

Penn State Berks is a great place to go whether you plan to stay on campus or commute. I myself am a commuter and I find that it is a very quick drive and that there is always spaces available to park. The class sizes are a decent size where one on one conversations with the professors can occur. Overall, I think Penn State Berks is a safe, clean, and affordable campus for all who wish to attend school there.

Connor

I'm very proud to be apart of the Penn State Berks family. It is a very friendly atmosphere, filled with people from various backgrounds. The campus is well kept and the food is good most of the time. However, trying to contact University Park can be a nightmare sometimes.

Emauni

Its a smaller campus that is neat and clean. Has a lot of freindly faculty and beautiful dorms and classrooms. The meals are amazing and there are so many majors to choose from. Its also not hard to get connected with other students too. So I left my campus visit feeling satisfied with the visit.

Stephen

Attending here was creating a home away from home, where the people you meet become a part of your family. Living together you all make the best experience of every possible moment. Everyday was a new adventure whether you are in or out of class. There is always something new to explore and there are ample places to do it. If you want a nice small family to call your own, I would highly recommend it.

Katherine

Receiving an acceptance letter from Penn State Berks was the best thing that has ever happened to my education. I love the entire atmosphere of the campus. Everyone is friendly and helpful, especially the faculty. The class sizes stay small which allows the teachers to provide individual attention to each student. There are many opportunities offered on-campus and off-campus to get involved in the community. Penn State Berks is a very welcoming campus and I am proud to be receiving an education there.

Elana

My first choice is main campus, but second is Berks. I do understand Penn State offers a two and two program, which is why I do like the Berks campus. My two step-brothers attended the Berks campus for Engineering and loved it. I have toured both the Main Campus and Berks Campus. I feel Main has much more to offer students.

Jocelyn

It is a very good school that has added more majors including mine. I am the second family member that went to this particular campus. The class sizes are small, the staffing is always nice, and they are also helpful. The advisers are always helpful with things you need to get you on the right path. Majority of the staff emails you back quick.

Steven

Berks is better than University Park. The professors and the rest of the staff actually want to get to know you and will do everything in their power to make sure you succeed. Out of the classroom, there are hundreds of opportunities to engage in clubs, extracurricular activities, on-campus jobs, research, volunteering, and professional and personal enrichment.

Madison

In my opinion, Penn State Berks is a beautiful Penn State branch campus that has everything I'm looking for. For starters, their living options are very open and comforting. The choice between Woods and The Village really gives us up-coming students to feel like we're taken care of. They give us the option to choose where we want to live-that is where we'll spend a lot of time. I like the close-knit atmosphere of the students and teachers as well. With the small number population, you can be one on one with teachers, have a close group of friends, know a lot of people on campus, and it makes it easier to be yourself and feel free. The classroom buildings are nice sizes, they are very updated and new, and the library is very proactive. They have study stations, tables for groups, and independent work. I think the diversity of the library helps to meet every students needs on campus.

Shawn

Good school for academic environment, small campus environment is helpful, not much to do outside of class, the food is subpar, the dorms are not enjoyable to live in, teachers are very accessible and eager to help. Good place for quiet people but not the best

Before attending Penn State Berks, I really didn't think I would enjoy going to school there at all because I would be commuting rather than staying on campus. However after about the first month, I started making friends with the girls and some guys whom I'd met in my classes. We were all elementary education majors, and had similar interests. We would study and do homework together, get lunch in the cafeteria together, and finish each other's sentences. Most, if not all my professors were extremely nice and always willing to lend a helping hand. The professors my first semester had really helped me improve on my time management, writing skills, and overall perception of attending a local campus.

Carl

Penn State Berks is a great school who offers mnay opportunities to it’s students. For students who don’t feel comfortable attending main campus where the class size is larger this branch campus is for you. The campus and housin is attractively pleasing, the cafeteria is small but does offer a variety of different foods for the students. The teachers here all want their students to succeed, and with the lower class soze their are ae to develop a great working relationship with their students. PSU berks also pffers a variety of campus activities that students can partake in. In the auditorium they often have guest speakers, comedians and even host a talent show for students to enjoy and socialize with other students. There are also various sports teams that students can watch with their friends. Overall PSU berks is a great school that offers above average education to their students with activities around the campus to keep the students involved.

Hallie

I love Berks! It's small and affordable while also getting the same top notch education as PSU main campus. I don't live on campus, but the groups of committee students that I have met and hang out with are all nice and hard workers. I recommend the Berks campus if you are looking for an outstanding education and a smaller campus.

Lance

I think it is a very nice school. The faculty are very nice and helpful, everyone is down to earth and wants to see you succeed. It sort of feels like you are part of a culture or family that is looked out for as long as you but your best foot forward. It really is a nice college once you get familiarized with it. The only thing I would say is the food is not great I mean its better then high school food but eh.

Belgica

My overall opinion about Penn State Berks is that is a great school. It's a smaller class compared to other campuses which is great because it gives you the chance to interact with people you might see in a daily bases and since the classes are smaller your teacher usually recognize you more compared to a bigger class with more kids to remember. Overall, the school is clean, great and nice people, and a lot of interactions involvement with school activities.

Pennsylvania State University- Penn State Berks is an amazing school. While it is a smaller campus, with roughly four buildings, it has a great variety of amazing opportunities for every one to partake in. Even though Penn State Berks is a branch campus they truly know how to make you feel as if you were studying at the main campus. A majority of the classes are smaller class ranging, roughly, anywhere from 20-40 students per class. Because the class sizes are smaller the professors tend to be more hands-on and are more devoted to working with their students and being available through regular office hours as well as promptly answering students e-mails and questions. The school offers a large variety of different clubs and organizations that students can get involved in as well as numerous campus activities posted weekly. There are many learning resources that are also made available to all students such as, the learning center where you can get homework help, help with studying for upcoming exams and finals. There is also a writing center made available to help students with their courses essays, research papers, resumes, and other writing assignments. While the surrounding tiny town might not be filled with as many activities or excitement, the Penn State Berks campus surely knows how to make up for this downfall with an amazing group of professors, students, resources, and opportunities.

Anon

Super expensive community college. On the surface there is nothing wrong with it, the professors are good and they offer plenty of classes to take for however long you're there. The campus is clean and safe. The people there have decent manners and are polite enough. This doesn't really tell the whole story though. Majority of the campus commutes so after 6pm the campus is quiet on weekdays, and from Friday at 3pm to Monday at 9am the campus is completely dead. You get the feeling that people don't want to actually be there, from the people I've met the fact that I came here and felt lonely was actually kind of normal. If you want to live at home and commute here, might be a good choice. Otherwise it may not be the traditional college experience you were expecting. Also don't go to Reading at night.

Carol

The overall opinion on Pennysylvania State University- World Campus (it's not shown on the list) is it helps create an online program that helps with our everyday lives. It is accessible 24 / 7 and I am very grateful for the opportunity it has given me. I will attend full time as a first time student.

hunter

Excellent smaller version of main campus, much more direct contact with professors, and degree requirements are not as strict. There is not much of a party life on campus though, for those looking for that it will be a reach. An active police station is also located on campus, which gives a level of safety across campus.

Terry

Penn State Berks campus is a small school. The campus isn't too large. That is something that I definitely like about this institution. I was never attracted to the large crowds and the idea of potentially getting lost. They have a weight room and a gymnasium on site which I used quite often. It is a small school so it understandable, but I felt like the library was a little too small. There were many days where it was difficult to find a computer to do my work on. Overall, for the time I spent here I did enjoy it. I

Nelson

Great college and a good way to be part of the penn state family in a more affordable manner. The campus itself is not to big which gives the students a great opportunity to both interact between each other and also get closer to their professors since most of the time you will see one walking around campus.