Ringling College of Art and Design

« See more reviews of Ringling College of Art and Design

To do their research on time. A person in high school has a perspective (either cloudy or clear) of what they want to do and supporting them on what they wanna do and warning them about the different sacrifices they have to do be in that major is the best thing a parent can do to their children. Parents need to support their children in every moment, especially if there are moments of social moments or academic struggles. Many kids come to college thinking they are all alone in this persue for their diplomas and even if the kid might not like it, it is good the parents are there to make sure everything is fine with them. Believe me, they will thank them for their attention and support.

Well, if I could go back in time, I would tell myself that Ringling is an amazing college that I should most definately attend. I would also tell myself that I should start saving up my money from my jobs so I can go there. Even though the cost is high, the education and experience that you get there is well worth it, plus all the facilities and different items they give you really help you grow as an artist. I'd also tell myself that I will make the best group of friends a girl can have, while I'm at Ringling, so there will never be a lonely moment, as I feared when I was a high school senior. Basically, I'd say that Ringling in the best thing that could've ever hapened to me.

My advice for anyone trying to finding the right college for them is knowing the atmosphere they would be most comfortable in. If you feel that you can't learn in a very crowded environment, then don't choose a school that is overcrowded. Choose someplace where you would feel comfortable with the atmosphere and workload. As for making the best out of your college experience, just don't lock yourself in a shell. Take this advice from someone who's done that already, "you will be miserable". Get to know new people and join in activities. College is what you make of it. If you want to be lazy and depressed then that's what will happen to you. It's all about mind over matter.

The advice I would give would probably have to be that support is very important. Finding the right college is a process that both parent and child need to share. Parents should be supportive and confident in their future college students and future college students need to take into consideration their parents concern. Such as cost of the college and if the college provides the appropriate courses for their desired major so they can get the most out of the education. From my experience, it has always been neccessary to have the support of my parents. Not only financially but also for my parents to have faith and confidence that the college I chose, I belonged at.

If I could go back in time and give advice to myself as a high school senior, I know exactly what I would say. I'd tell myself to work even harder and remain focused on my long term goals. The senior year is really only a step to the future - a fact that too few students remember. So I'd tell myself and anyone else who'd listen not to be distracted by the petty dramas and upheavals of the last year of high school. When you get to college, everything you do is vital; everything is moving you towards your future career. It's going to be wonderful and exciting, but it's also going to be tough. And you'd better be ready.

The right college is the one that is right for you. What is most important is that you go to class with an open mind and are willing to absorb as much information as you can. That is especially true in the arts, and it's especially true when you think you know something about the subject you are studying. The most important thing is to have fun doing what you do. It doesn't mean that everything will be nice and cheery; on the contrary, most of the times it will challenge you, and you will feel overwhelmed, but at the end of the day, those challenges will help you grow as a student and as a person.

There is nothing more wonderful than a brain filled with juicy new information and a talent continuously growing. Going to Ringling has fulfilled and surpassed my expectations. It has been my dream school ever since I knew what path I wanted to take in life. My artistic talent has improved tenfold and I proudly have Ringling and it's staff to thank for that. If I was given another chance to go to a different college, well, it's easy to say that there is no other place I would want to be. Ringling is my school, with my kind of people, who share my passion. I would not trade that for anything else.

If I were able to go back in time to give myself college advise, I am pretty sure I would have a lot less stress lines and debt. I would not change the decision of the college I attend now, but I would make sure to apply sooner. I learned that the sooner you apply the better housing you receive. First come first serve. I would also tell myself apply to as many scholarships as you can. I’m learning now that there are a lot more scholarships awarded to high school students. It is also always important to plan ahead and stay organized. Remember deadlines, and budget yourself.

I would tell them that Ringling is an amazing school the student and professors and everybody who works at Ringling really does care about one another and there main goal is to prepare us for the real work place and to make sure you go out there when its your time feeling confident. That Ringling supplies us with the best material and keeps us up to date with porgrams who we can succeed. Professors will go above and beyond to make sure we understand and will always take your ideas into consideration and help you build off of it.

The best advice I would give myself is that regardless of how rough college demands can be, to never quit. When the times get tough you HAVE to buckle down and take care of business not for grades, but to enrich your mind, drive, and spirit. The hard times in life show you what you are really made of and capable of when you focus. By working hard you are not only ensuring yourself of a good grade but you are making the most of your education and by extension your future.