Raleigh, NC
Saint Augustine's University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Saint Augustine's University

jacquez

Giving the chance to go back and revisualize my life, and understanding life as i know now. I would understand joining clubs such as DECA and FBLA to gain more information and build great looks on my resimade to be where i want to be. Knowing that i was good in athletics i would've continuing participating on the basketball and football team to earn a full ride scholarship to get the lifestyle i imagine. So now i try my hardest everyday cause i know how hard life can be, so i set out now to challenge myself and do all my work.

What's unique about Saint Augustines is that the school spirit is awesome, and everyday is something new. Attending the main events of the basketball and football games visualizing the enthusatic students/fans supporting their peers.

A lazy, unsuffiecient , and non social student shouldnt attend this college, because everyone interact with each other everyday and plan on having a good time and getting their work done at the same time.

Tya

I consider the worst thing at Saint Augustine's University is there doorms. I consider the doorms the worst thing because the are old and are falling apart. There are two girls doorms at the university. The first girls doorm is Weston Hall the rooms, beds,and bathrooms are really small. The showers in the bathroom are discusting they are painted white with flat paint. Some of them are molded with no shower heads. They also have windows but they don't open. The second girls doorm is Baker Hall the building is to old to have central air installed.

If I could go back knowing what I know now about college life and making the transition I would say stay focused no matter what happens. I would say if you make friends and meet people cherish them and make lasting memories but still focus on your goals. I would tell myself when your friends go through something be strong for them and help them but don't forget to stay focused on your obligations. I would explain that partying and having fun is a part of college not what college is all about. I would tell myself that getting involved in activities will help you get to know yourself. I would say stay focused on God he will keep you strong in your times of weakness and sadness. I would say don't be afraid to take on big tasks from important people just trust yourself and be confident. I would say if financial hardships come don't give up keep looking for opportunities. I would say when you meet people that can help don't be afaid to tell them your situation. I would say continue to help those that ask you. I would say always be unforgettable.

I believe any kind of person can attend this school; I can't really say who shouldn't attend. Any school no matter if it's a two year college or four year university has it's problem or stuff that's not so great. Its all about what the person decideds to expect or not except or try and change it. I think it could be difficult for someone that is easliy flustrated because the staff can give you the run around sometimes.

Clarissa

Dear senior Clarissa, try your best in all you do! Sign up for more scholarships, hit the books hard because after high school is the real world. You're practically on your own and books nor anything else comes cheap. You are a strong, smart you lady so stay positive and always strive for the best. Believe in yourself!

Terrence

If I could go back and talk to my high school senior self, I would tell myself to not take anything for granted. I would tell myself, that I should work hard in all of my classes and try not to slack off. By doing this, I would be in a better position at the age of 24, then I am right now. I would also tell myself to believe in myself and not to give up on yourself just because circumstances are not going your way.

The best thing You can do in YourSelf Sr. Yr of Highschool is to Concentrate real hard on Your Studies & to get the best grades possible. Apply for as many Scholarshis as possible. Build on Your credit standing and keep up on all Your bills, Pay early and pay extra. You should worry more about Yourself & Your future than Your friends & Spending the time with them. My advise to Myself would have most importantly been to work @ a job where tipping was the most beneficial part of My salary as The money I would have made in a Min. wage position would not benefit Me when I went to school.

Kenneth

Saint Augustine's University is a small, historically black college in Raleigh. There is no spitting image that compares to the colleges I applied for during my high school senior year. Saint Augustine's University has a barber shop, convenient stores and even an Cook-Out restaurant. I never notice that there are few fast food restaurants, a recreation center and a church near campus. Next time, when I visit a college/university the first and most important step is to find out the location, cost of tuition, academics, athletics and etc to understand the school's enviroment.

A few transition would have to change the culture of Saint Augustine's University. Especially the financial aid transition, when I pictured the reaction for students who are constantly struggle with the tuition for each semester. The majority of students are angry, crying, denial or even disappoint including myself too. A smart advice is to talk the president of the school about students can afford more scholarships and /or grants to sustain their college expenses. One solution is to donate every student who excel their grade point average in their classrooms, athletic improvement and leadership experience. More students would be able to stay in school with alot of scholarships, grants and/or loans. That would fit the bill in the schoo and the community plus the majority of the parents won't be disappointed and rage about taking out loans for their kid.

The same reaction happens when I showed up to Saint Augustine's University . When I got out of my parent's car, I had goosebumps because going to a historically black college didn't surprised at all. The experience at Saint Augustine's University didn't provide alot of information about school. After my family unload all of my items from the car to my dorm, there were 3 rooms each so the chance of having both roommates were slim. My parents told me a few things about headed off to college as a freshmen, be yourself and have fun.

Lester

If I had the opportunity to go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior my advice to myself would be: refrain from procrastinating because you can get so caught up with the college experience and the freedom that you'll end up putting your work off until the day it's actually due. Knowing what I know about college life it is totally different. In college there is no one telling you to get up it's time to go to school. There is no one checking your homework before it's turned in to make sure that it is correct. Attending college and being away from home opens up a totally new experience. If I was a high school senior going off to college my first year I would have recognized the reality of the changes which were going to happen in my life and not be so in denial about the experience.

I consider the best thing about Saint Augustine's is it's intimate atmosphere. There are only approx. 1300 students on campus. This allows many opportunities for students to receive one on one direction from the administration. One other think about Saint Augustines is that having such a low student body ratio and it being considered a priviate university you get to see everyone everyday so that they can get to know you further.

My classmates at Saint Augustine's College (University) are very friendly, funny, ambitious and knowledgeable. They travel from all across the United States and the Virigin Islands. The students at Saint Augustines are like family. If you find out that you are out of supplies we share among ourselves. We strive to uphold the mission of the university and to show that we are there at the school to learn. the student body at Saint Augustines is one in which relationships are developed to last a lifetime.

Wanae

The best thing about my achol is the fact that you can get to know all of your professors, and you're not just viewed as being another number to them. They actually take the time out to make sure you understand everything that is going on, and if you don't, they are willing to go the extra mile and help you. As a student you just have to be willing to go the extra mile as well.

Knowing what I know about college now, I would say to myself as a senior, be sure to apply yourself when it comes to scholarships, and don’t focus on being around your friends having fun 24/7. When it is all said and done, and it’s time to graduate, and everyone is getting their awards and scholarships, you will feel left out and all that partying and fun would have gone to waste. As a high school senior I had the grades I just never applied for scholarships, which means the transition to college was difficult when it came to paying for my tuition. If I would have applied myself, saved money that I was given around holidays from family, my transition to college would have been smoother. I’m not saying that you cannot have fun your senior year, however, there has to be a balance between priorities and fun. As a high school senior, I never knew where to draw the line between priorities and wants. Now in college I’m receiving scholarships and awards, I’m aware that I could have received them as a high school senior too being that I had the grades.

The kind of person that should attend this school is someone who doesn't like going to a big school, and someone who can adjust to the to the different lifestyles around them. The person has to be willing to be interactive and work hard to get to where they want to be. They cannot be shy and must be outgoing and willing to have a student-professor relationship when it comes to their academics. I would reccomend someone who likes small crowds and small groups to attend my school.

Alexis

Dear Alexis in her senior year in high school, finish all of your work and never think that a certain class is not needed to be taken. Every class may seem like you will not need it in the future but this is not a good mindset to have in school. Every class that you take is needed weather you think so or not. Also, it is very importatnt to apply for as many scholarships you can in order to be able to go to school worry free. There is so many people around you that is willing to help all you need to do is be willing to accept all the construstive critacisim and learn form everything you do. If you work on everything ahead of time you will be perfect and worry free when it is time to move into college. Last final words of encouragement is that it is not what you know, but who you know that will get you where you need to be or on your way to college. Don't be afraid to meet new people, there is alot of people around that can open many doors that you never knew excisted.

The only bad thing about my school I think would be is the way their system is set up. I do noy believe that the system is good it is not very organized.

A person who is driven, and will not take no for an answer is the perfect candiate for this university. This school is for students who love to succeed in everything they do.

Saint Augustine's University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.