Santa Barbara, CA
Santa Barbara City College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Santa Barbara City College

Roger

Restless and mostly fresh out of highschool.

Restless and mostly fresh out of highschool.

Pay attention to learning proper and effective study habits as well as note taking. Take care of schooling now instead of waiting until you are in your mid-thirties!! Take the time to learn algebra well so you do not have to take it in college when you have forgotten mostly everything to do with math outside of basic addition and subtraction!!

Someone who hates being near the beach and nice weather 85% of the year!

Hattie

My classmates are extremely friendly, kind, helpful, and considerate.

My classmates are extremely friendly, kind, helpful, and considerate.

If I went back to my senior year, I would tell myself not to panic or worry about school. Make sure I sign up for classes and be not afraid of getting help from many. I would also tell myself to be more out going in class so that I can make many friends and connect with more people in my classes. Being extremely shy causes loneliness. Make sure you live life and stay in touch with all your good friends.

It has a great variety of friendly people and has a lovely campus with a great town.

Ganesha

The transition into college life is doable for anyone. There are certain things that you can do to make it easier. For example apply for student housing in on campus dorms, or private dorms are also effective. This will help you build new relationships if you are in a new area away from home. Learning to balance school life and a personal/ social life is important. Having friends especially ones who are self motivated can help you yourself become motivated to do well. Having goals is also very important. Setting a standard that you can work towards. Goals give you a reason to work hard in school and exceed your expectations. Surround yourself with people that are successful in what they are doing because it too can help you strive for your goals. Planning can help prevent habits of procrastination. Avoiding that habit can reduce stress and keep you a happier and more positive person, thus helping you stay focused on your goals and motivate you to keep going. Always believe in yourself when it come to being successful, and make friends who will also believe in you. This advice can help anyone get through the college experience with ease.

I wish I had known that creating an academic plan in the beginning could have helped me transfer more easier rather than having to take summer classes to finish up all the required units and classes that I needed. Creating a map of all the classes would have given me a good idea of what classes I needed to take and when I should take them. That way I would have been able to pace myself for efficiently.

Anyone who is motivated to do well in school. Self motivation is key to success, because no matter how much people around you want you to do well, ultimately its your own decision. Once you have commited to working hard school comes a lot easier. There are many resources around us, but it is a personal decision to go out and use them.

Ganesha

An amazing community college in a beautiful place.

An amazing community college in a beautiful place.

It's beautiful campus and great teachers. Also it's known for it's successful tranfer academy that helps students transfer as quick as possible.

Make a plan of the classes you want to take and when you want to finish by ahead of time. Planning ahead saves a lot of time in the future and makes things a lot easier.

Jason

Life sneaks up on your, that's what I would tell myself. When we're young we believe we have all the time in the world, but one day you'll look back and wonder where the time all went. Since high school I have had many great expierences but my goal of getting a better education has been put on hold. When we are young we believe life will drop in our laps all that we will ever need and if I could tell myself to apply myself, work harder, and enjor the benefits later then that's what I would say.

Santa Barbara City College has wonderful places students can go when they need help with school work, and the campus makes me feel safe which helps me to learn at a much better pace.

My classmates at Santa Barbara community college are just as eager to learn as I am and are very helpful to me wheni need group to study with.

If i could go back in time and tell myself what I now know about college and the transition I would say be positive. I remember graduating and being so scared of not knowing where I was going to be going to school or if I could move there. Though i did not have all the answers I tried to keep on thinking about tomorow rather than yesterday. And for the first day of college being prepared, meaning having all your books and some basic supplies deffinitly helps your nerves. Now that I have finished my first semester i would go back and tell myself to just do all of the work even if it feels like busy work because in the end i realized most everything I did had a purpose.

If I were able to give myself advice as a high school senior I would tell myself to travel as much as possible. It was not until I began traveling that I started to realize how little I knew about life. Once I had this realization I was able to open myself up to learn about different cultures and truly broaden my scope of thought. I have met many interesting people during my adventures and have learned that listening someone?s story can teach you so much about life. You don?t have to agree with their views, and you don?t have to choose their lifestyle as your own, but you can still learn just by listening. This has applied to my college career. I listen to what the professor says and even if I disagree or if I am initially uninterested, I still learn so much just by listening. Travel taught me how to listen. The more I traveled the more I craved an educational foundation. Travel showed me that when you are striving to learn the material not to pass an exam, but because you want to understand and absorb the information, it is so completely rewarding.

The best part of attending college at Santa Barbara City College is the location. It sits directly across the street from the beach. You have beautiful views from many of the rooms. If you have a break between classes you can go put your feet in the ocean for a while. In my experience thus far the professors seem incredibly helpful. Many of the professors make themselves available by internet and office hours.

Of course the worst part of attending Santa Barbara City College is also the location. It can be very tempting to skip a class when you see that the waves are looking good. Most days in Santa Barbara are perfect for hiking, surfing, or rock climbing, this can impose upon study time.

John

Santa Barbara City College is a reputable college known for it's quality campus by the beach, quality teachers, and overall quality education it provides.

If I go back and talk to myself as a high school senior first of all I would tell myself to prepare for my future. Preparing myself for a future involves taking college serious and realizing the importance of a quality education. How an education lays the foundation for the rest of your life. I would tell myself to dedicate myself to college and to make the best grades possible because it's important. I would remind myself how expensive a college education is but in the long run it's an investment in my future.

A college education is critically important in regards to quality of life and should be taken serious. It's also very expensive to get a quality education so this fact should be taken to acccount during your time in college and should be realized as an investment in not only your future but your future family's future.

Marissa

My school is located about 100 feet from the pacific ocean. There are not many schools in the US that have this amazing location. In almost every class, I can look out the window and see the beach. I feel that when you are in an enviornment that you love and feel comfortable in, then succeeding will become easier for you.

These past two years living away from home have been a huge learning experience for me. Since senior year I have attended two schools; my freshman year at University of Colorado and my sophomore year at Santa Barbara City College. Certainly, having an open mind about everything would have been the best advice I could have given myself. , I learned that I needed to make the best of the situation and have a good attitude because I will be encountering people who I am not used to in addition to surviving a year in freezing Colorado. Making new friends two years in a row is also difficult so I would have advised myself to be very social and get involved in as many things as possible. I realized that although I came across numerous situations that did not enthrall me, they helped me grow and mature as a person and helped me become the woman I had always wanted to be.

The administration is not as helpful as I would have liked them to be.

Wow! Oh what a grand thing it would be to go back in time! I would advise to stay steady on the course of creating a better life for myself, my children and my husband by obtaining a graduate degree. Don't get caught up in the drama of circumstances; high school years are great but graduation from that time period should be the gateway into responsibility and ultimately to becoming a positive, contributing member of society. In becoming a psychology major, I would advise to make sure to have great emotional support from family, friends and therapist; if for nothing else than just to check to make sure there are no mental meltdowns in the near future. Never take more than two or three psychology courses in a row. This will ensure maximum learning and healthy processing of ones own life. Overall have fun as you trudge the road ahead to adventure, knowledge, and power through education. It is something no one can ever steal from another. :o)

The only thing I wish I would have know was more about the order of registration; meaning new students versus returning students. Maybe they could instate a type of lottery to ensure that all students, new and returning, get a chance at pre-requisite courses so that there is more of a chance of not having to wait a semester; prolonging the order of classes needed to complete a degree or certification.

I took online courses to complete my B.A. It was convenient as well as interesting to learn to communicate effectively online. I am now going to attend SBCC: Santa Barbara City College. The campus is absolutely beautiful with bluffs overlooking ocean. There are plenty of peaceful, quiet places to study outside on campus with out being disturbed.

Santa Barbara City College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.