Santa Barbara, CA
Santa Barbara City College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Santa Barbara City College

Irene

I would tell myself to take high school more seriously, from the first day of freshman year or better yet, freshman orientation. What I realize now that I wish I had then is that school determines your future, it is how serious you take school that will reflect your future and where you will be. I would have planned more, aimed for higher goals, dreamed a little more had I known that college would be this challenging. It's amazing how much we take for granted in high school where we have counselors telling us what classes to take and where to go. And now, you are your own counselor and you have to take the initiative to seek help and advice, it's in your own hands to plan for your future.

The best thing about my school is the environment and the vibe from the faculty and staff. It is very positive and motivating once you step on to campus because you know that each student is striving to get somewhere and every staff member does their best to help. The location is something to be grateful for as well; students study with a panoramic view of the pacific and can take breaks with walks on the beach.

I couldn't think of any person who has any personality who wouldn't want to attend Santa Barbara City College. The college itself is very attractive and hard to think or find anything negative about it.

Natalie

I would tell myself to utilize all resources to get information about different schools to attend and to start saving up money for college. Now the prices are going up, so I would definatley tell myself to start saving money for college. Everything is so expensive right now and the prices are still going up, so the earlier money can be saved up the better. I would tell myself to see counselors at least once a semester, maybe even twice. To take advantage of all the work shops, tutors and other resources available at school. It is so important to familiarize yourself with available resources. I would also tell myself to start looking for scholarships early. Financial aid and utilizing resources would be the most important things to tell myself to figure out early.

Honestly the resources at City College are great. All I needed to do was find the right department at SBCC to get my questions answered. I guess you could say that there is not really anything I wish I had known before coming to SBCC. The counselors in the academic and transfer center have helped me with everything I needed to know. Any question I have can be answered, this school is great!

The view and the great teachers. Santa Barbara City College is located right next to the beach. The view is amazing, the palm trees and beautiful blue water. During breaks I can walk along the beach and do my homework sitting in the sand. It is a pretty campus. All of the teachers I have taken are great. I love all of my classes and my teachers are very knowledgable. The teachers are very caring and are willing to help their students. There is nothing to complain about Santa Barbara City College it is a great school!

Santa Barbara City College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.