Seton Hall University

« See more reviews of Seton Hall University

The biggest mistake I made when choosing a college is that I didn't visit enough colleges. I would suggest any student looking to find the right college visit and possibely stay overnight at the top choices.

If I could go back in time to when I was a high school senior, I would tell myself to not mess around, study hard, listen to financial aid recruters, dont procastinate, and apply for a lot of scholarship!!!

In college, be open and don't be afraid to step out of your comfort zone. Take little steps doing new things, and eventually you'll find your niche and succeed, making lasting friendships in the process.

For undergrad, pick a school that will pay for most of your college. Don't waste your money on a degree that doesn't matter as much. If you want to go to more expensive school save it for grad school.

Dont let money be the issue that changes your mind about going to a specific College or University. If it is where you want to go go there. In the end it is going to be worth every penny you spend.

Make sure you budget the college and try to get as much help financially from the school as possible. Make sure the student is comfortable and it is an envionrnment that they want to be in.

Make sure that the students visit the campus and see if they like the surrounding area. Also see if students can do an overnight stay because they can get a better feel for life on campus.

STart looking for colleges early and try your best to get to know they schools you want to go to so that you know you will be comfortable there. Also try to get the college experience.

Do research about each college and make sure you visit it. When you are there it gives you a feel for what it is like. Sometimes you just know your meant to go there when you visit.

Take a lot of time when choosing a school, and really think about what you want out of life. Don't be afraid to aplly to a school because you think your not good enought, just do it.