Seton Hall University

« See more reviews of Seton Hall University

I would say pick a college that offers and guarentees a variety of services for the amount of money that you are paying. The stress of college life needs to be balanced with well funded extra curricular activities and socialization. Pick a college that suits your comfort, and never choose something out of your comfort zone. For example, most state college's have a large amount of students in each class, precisely in lecture halls which may not be of liking to someone who is used to smaller classes.

Just relax and have fun! Jump on every opportunity you have and don't let people bring you down. Make new, real friends. Join campus activities. Stay in your dorm!! Lighten up. Always, always pay attention in class. Take good notes. Don't skip class. Try your very best to get straight A's because you CAN do it if you really put your mind to it. Have fun. Do things that frighten you and don't be nervous about the unknown future ahead. Enjoy living at the beach while you still can!!

The best advice that a soon-to-be college student can recieve is "follow your heart." As corny as it sounds, it is important to go into college with a clear idea of who you are and what you are passionate about. Do not let other people's expectations for you cloud your vision. These are the only four years of your life that you will have to choose your future, so make sure that you choose to do whatever makes you happy. If you are doing what you love, you will be successful.

You should visit the school on more than one occasion, on different days and at different times and try to make friends before you go to the school. You should look into whether students can have cars and availability of parking. Taste the food in the cafe. Carefully read all the school rules and regulations, Seton Hall provides laptops (built into tuition) and they have Tech services if your laptop breaks however, you have to PAY if anything goes wrong with your computer.

Students must find a campus that is the right environment for them, meaning in the city or country, has big or small class sizes, and one with similar common political and religious views. Having international students and many programs to study abroad is very enlightening. A college that has a strong program for your field is quite important. A program that offers a rich variety of professors, forums, and internship opportunites is a great opportunity for students.

I would tell parents and students to try to visit the school. Also when applying to schools, even if an interview is not required definitely schedual one. If the student is far away from the school, most schools will do over the phone interviews. Try to get as many scholarships as possible, schools are getting expensive. Don't be afraid to ask questions. Students should take into consideration the price of the college, the location and the activity on campus.

My college experience has displayed the quick changes that occur in business and has dramatically improved my tolerance and ability to work with other people. It has also been valuable in networking with individuals who know where to find the key, that belongs to the door on the road to success. It has motivated me to try harder to acheive my goals and showed me where to look to find the rocks through the fog to know how to avoid many pitfalls in business.

I have gotten a lot of different things so far from my college experience so far. The first things is I have started to learn about being independent in a way I never understood while still living with my parents with this also comes a new understanding of responsibilities. I also have been learning so much more from the education front as well as being a part of a small community where helping others that have not been as Fortunate as I the local area.

First, every institution has their positives and negatives, their job is to advertise their best features so it's up to you (the student) to visit the campus. Stay for a while, a week if possible (preferably during classes). Secondly, while it's nice for parents to give their child advice, at the end of the day it is the student that will have to live with the consequences of this important decision; to the student -- just follow your heart.

Rush Alpha Phi!! hahaha but seriously- a lot of freshmen go home on the weekends so it's going to seem pretty abandoned for the first few weeks/months. Also- get an internship early because they're pretty important later on. Likewise- become friends with your teachers and the people that work in the caf because they'll give you free food. Also- be prepared to spend a lot of money on replacement IDs and when you lock yourself out of the room