Sonoma State University

« See more reviews of Sonoma State University

As I have mentioned before Sonoma State University is a very diverse campus with many different kinds of people. I feel that anyone would feel welcome at Sonoma State University. We have over 150 different clubs and organizations so there should be a place for everyone. If the student feels that there is not a club that completely fits what he/she is looking for then he/she can start there own club. All it takes to start a club is yourself four other students and an advisor.

My classmates have been interesting. I have been in two different majors and feel the people vary according to their career and life goals. In the biology/chem department people are very competitive. But they are still helpfull to their peers. In the kinesiology department everyone is out for themselves and not willing to be helpfull. In the pre-health department everyone is helpfull and friendly. They all want the same thing and bond with eachother about it.

My classmates are those who are trying to full fill their genreal education for the same major as I am. Some classes are filled with over a hundred students where as others have 40 or more. The majority of the students attend to the class on a regular basis and they seem to interact with the lectures. I feel very comfortable with who I am in class with because I usually make friends with those who sit around me or try to sit with someone I already know.

Most are nice, and somewhat polite when it comes to learning about the diversity of others. While people enjoyed taking classes together, I didn't feel as "in" because I was not in fraternities and because I am one of the few people who is a single parent, giving me less social time than most.

They are extremely friendly and helpful. I have made so many great friends that I know I will keep for the rest of my life. The only rude individuals I have encountered are the ones in the sororities, they are just stuck-up and completely oblivious to others feelings'.

Most students at SSU are either from NorCal (Sacramento area, Bay Area, Stockton Area) or SoCal. You'd be surprised how many kids decide to come up here to SSU from SoCal. Hell, 18 from my graduating class alone came here to SSU...and we don't regret a thing!

My classmates appear to be goal oriented, yet still unsure of what they really want to do in life. It seems that they're financially stable and don't have to worry about income issues because their family has high economic status.

My classmates were very friendly, and ended up becoming the people that I saw the most since I was a theater major and you spent most of your time in class with them or at the theater in a show with them.

My classmates are kind-hearted, thoughtful, individuals who make up for their lack of scholastic abilities and ambition through their positive attitudes and absolute acceptance of others.

My classmates provide exceptional support in educational and social aspects while also creating a campus enviornment where I feel comfortable expressing my own interests and beliefs.