Savannah, GA
South University–Savannah Online

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend South University–Savannah Online

sasha

I think South University online is wonderful opportunity to learn when I have the available time, there are so many instances where I can get a hold of professors when needed, and there are advisers to help through the way. I believe with the advisers and my ambition to get things on track this type of college is the best one for me, not a lot of actually being in a class and more so getting closer to the subject at hand, while still having a professional environment. Having ways to still speak with classmates is a rather nice touch, compared to having to go out of my way to hunt them down. This school is more ran on my time than a set schedule and I like that more so than traditional academic institutions.

Brandy

By being an online student I have the privelige of learning with a diversified group of individuals, all working towards the similar goal of a better way and a better life.

Today I am 39 years old. I am confident in my abilities, however, as a high school senior I was not. I would tell myself that I absolutely have the ability. That I am smart and that I would be denying the world the privelege of my abilities. would go back and tell myself how much I will enjoy the college atmosphere and the fullfillment of a great education.

So far I do not feel as if there has been anything I was not aware of. I am very well prepared for this journey into learning. I spent a bit of time researching my university and insuring that South University was the right place for me. I am very pleased with my choice and have even reffered others.

Angela

There are classmates who respond with supported opinions and I enjoy working with them. I find it difficult to work with students who are not willing to put in effort to find peer reviewed information to back their opinions. But the instructors certainly reward those who do put in the extra effort. I hope couselors are informing new students of the amount of work that goes into online education. It is NOT easier, simply mobile and convenient for time scheduling. More participation is actually required since we do not sit in the classroom and participate. Overall, a very decent school.

I would say that challenges to academics come in all shapes and sizes. While I decided to marry and have children before I went to college, I believe learning good time management and coping skills for those challenges are the most important. I would particularly warn against the tendency to become frustrated with students who tend to put forth much less effort into the classes than I do. I have had classes where I was the only student to put the effort into making informed opinions and citing sources for those opinions. These classes can be difficult since my grades depend on other people's participation and my ability to effectively respond to those students. But I would suggest to myself finding even the smallest relevant part of their information and encourage them to share the information you find through peer reviewed sources to increase their knowledge and maybe have more resources for their own opinions and be satisfied with the job that I have done. Getting frustrated over technical difficulties during major test time or research paper time does no good either. As long as you communicate with the professors, there are usually many ways to get around them.

I brag the most about the academic intesnity of the classes. Sometimes I feel as though online and distance learning institutions do not offer the competative level of education as campus schools do. This university offers online education that has academic programs that are as challenging as any of the top campus schools for similar fields. I will not be ashamed to say that I have an online degree from this institution.

Being able to basically teach yourself, the teachers are there for you as much as they can be. But a good thing is that you can go anywhere at anytime and still be able to stay in school.

Life is going to get a lot harder for you. Keep your head up and try your hardest with school. You're in a sticky situation right now and it's because of you not trying hard enough. Even though things get rough you can do this all by yourself!

A person like me, since I do not like big classrooms and being aroud a lot of people I do not know I thought this school was great for me. Or if you have a busy life, this school you don't have to show up for or have a certain time to be at class.

Leslie

I would advise my self as a high school senior with these words, "Leslie! Never stop following your heart and chasing your dreams. The most opportune time to attend college is now! If you postpone or procrastinate life will get in your way! I know you are overwhelmed and consumed with the anxieties associated with college, but as long as you remain positive, focused, open-minded, and most importantly determined, I am here to tell you as eye witness of your future, your success begins now and your only limitations are of what you have yet to dream!"

The support and positivity of the academic counselors is so awesome that it eliminates the possibility of failure.

Dennis

I would advise myself to take more interest in school and what is being taught, to pay attention to the subject matter and to study hard and participate in class discussion. I would have chosen to take freshmen courses while in the last four years of high school to familiarize myself with what college work was going to be like instead of having to go through the initial shock of college life and the time and discipline that it takes to succeed to make the grade.

The best thing that I like about my school is that the classes are unique, focused, and tailored to my career growth and development. The instructors are helpful and provide the assistance needed to succeed.

The worst thing about the school is the inability to choose the class schedule you want. The class line-up is determined completely by the school and you have no choice in the way you would like to take your classes.

Marilee

College life...is real life...in real time. Take it serious. You cannot get these years back. Make them count...for something. The earlier you get your education completed, the sooner you can accomplish the many goals you have set for yourself. None of the goals I have had are attainable without a college education. I recommend figuring out what you want to do as far as your career, before you graduate high school...and think big! Do not lose focus, stay in school, and get the degree. Do not go into college undecided, like I did. I had too many different things that interested me as a career, and could not make up my mind. I completed half of the career choice education, and changed my mind, more than once. Now, at 40+...I am starting as a freshman, again. Ironically, in the same field I started ... Hoping to finish college before my son. Your career should be your Passion... Do what you love to do. Be the best you can be...and do not quit! Learn early, work happily, and enjoy the later years.

I have not found any negative points about this University.

Anyone not serious about getting their education/career goals met. The Admitting representatives, financial aid office, to the educational counselors, instructors, and fellow students have all shown a great interest in my personal goals, and have gone above and beyond to assist me in reaching my educational and career goals.

South University–Savannah Online administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.