Hammond, LA
Southeastern Louisiana University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Southeastern Louisiana University

Gena

If I could go back and talk to my high school self, I would tell my self to start saving as soon as possible. You always hear people telling you about how expensive college will be, but they never tell you the amount. You get so excited when you fill out scholarship and grant applications waiting to get the "approved" message, but that day does not come. You have to start saving as soon as possible and ONLY touch the account for school purposes and gas. Another piece of advice would be to act now. I have suffered with medical illnesses for most of my teenage life, and I would usually let it control me. If I took better care of myself, I could be a lot farther in my studies than where I am now. You always hear good advice, but it takes certain circumstances to actually understand and benifit from them.

Lana

My school is probably best known for the Education program it has for students who major in any kind of Education. This is one of the most popular majors at the college and it is a great program for the school.

There are many things I could tell my high school self. As a senior, although I had good grades, I was never performing to my best standards. I was alway focused on sports and my social life more than my academics. I have had to work a full time job at a hospital for a year before going back to college in order to save up for a car to be able to drive to school. I would have told myself to save during high school to be able to afford a car in order to get my college life together faster. I also would have told myself to make sure to have all of you scholarships and grants in order before I graduated so that I would not have to use as much government loans to pay for college. I most certanly would have told myself to study more and focus less on my social life. Now that I have to work full time, I have no social life at all! I made many mistakes my senior year of high school and I am working extremely hard now in order to get my life set.

That I am only able to major in elementary special needs education and not K-12 special needs education. That is why next year I have to transfer schools in order to major in K-12 special needs education.

Sunil

people are friendly. teacher are always ready to help always. Small class size.

people are friendly. teacher are always ready to help always. Small class size.

it is awesome. teacher are very affable. I got lots of scholarship that made it affordable. teachers are very good.

courses are not that well defined. we do not have different physic and chemistry department. we have a separtment that handles both.

Caleb

Modern, affordable, and well organized all wrapped up in green and gold (school colors).

I have gained knowledge, people skills, organization skills, and now find it much easier to voice my own opinion. All this just after a short while of attending Southeastern University. This due to the student teacher ratio, the interaction with peers, and the overall curriculum used at Southeastern University. I would say they will make a man out of me by the time I graduate in 2014.

It is hard to find faults with southeastern. The tution is affordable, school maintnance is kept up, student to teacher ratio is great. There is always a worst to anything though. Southeastern is kind of out there from any large city or metro area, and they do not offer some of the classes a larger university offers. Classes such as jogging, archery, water polo nothing major just minor classes that I enjoyed at a larger Baton Rouge college.

Malissa

I never really wanted to attend college, however once I completed my first year I was so impressed with what I had done that it made me want to continue on with my education. College has given me more than just knowledge, it has given me courage and life skills. I would like to win this scholarship because it would help me be able to get my bachelors degree in business management/entreprenuership.

Naomi

I have found that college offers you a wide variety of life's lessons. The first few years of college are like your starting all over again. You learn responsibilities, you learn work ethics, you get to make mistakes and learn along the way as you grow. This is the time where you get to test yourself, and prove to others what you are capable of. You get a feel for the real world and what to expect once you journey out into the world. You are on your way to being an independent person. There are many opportunities for a student to get involved in groups/organizations outside of class. The cultures that you get to experience in college opens your eyes to new possibilities. No two people are a like, and college is the best place for figuring this out. The experience that you get from college will last a life time. We all have something to get out of college. We look to the future for our success, and during college, we find ourselves and the thrill that drives that success.

Kimberlyn

I waited three years after high school to go to college because I was raising my son. My first class of my first semester was exciting, I've always loved school and learning. A new opportunity to go to school and making myself better was something I couldn't pass on. I also knew in a couple of years I would have to be encouraging my own child to go to college and tell him what it was like. I constantly can't wait until the next semester starts and to find out what the new classes hold for me and my future.

cheryl

My school is best known for its nursing program.

My school is best known for its nursing program.

I have learned the value of perseverance. I am an adult learner that has faced many challenges while attempting to complete my college degree. From raising a family; as well as financial challenges, I have been taking courses off-and-on since 1979. I came to this university as a licensed practical nurse; seeking a bachelors degree in nursing. I wasn't able to attend school full time, as the degree program demanded. I did some research; and found that a degree in health educatuion and promotion would open many doors for me-as well as present opportunities I'd never dreamed of. I was burned out in nursing, but found that the knowledge I already posessed caused me to excel in my classes in health education. I am nearing the end of my studies and am very excited, I have spoken to my advisors about attending graduate school. My professoes have been so helpful; as well as offering the guidancethat I'd never found at any of the other universities I'd attended, I wish that I'd come to Southeastern Louisiana University years ago. I am so glad that I persevered in my college experience.

The best thing about my school is that it is small, and my instructors really care about the students.

mason

Yes, it is very improtant to attend college. I am an intern at Halliburton, and I can say if you don't at least have a 2 year degree you're not going to make any money in the real world.

Kaila

I am getting some of the best nursing experience that a student can get. Southeastern is very dedicated in this area and make sure that you know everything you need to know in order to become a successful nurse. I have learned to become dedicated and always finish a task on time. Also, I have become open minded to everyone and everything in this world because my way of living is not the only way of living. It has made me realize that everyone is different and we should accept that.

The people that should attend this school are students that are going to be dedicated in the field that they are trying to get into. This school is mostly for Business, Nursing, and Art majors. These colleges are very competitive and requires a lot of dedication from the students. Also, the student should be hard working and arrive on time to everything.

The main thing that I brag about at this school is that it is very easy to access the teachers outside of class. Most of the teachers that I have had the three years that I have been there have been very helpful outside of class and are willing to take their time with you until you are able to understand the material.

Southeastern Louisiana University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.