Southwestern Assemblies of God University Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Southwestern Assemblies of God University

This school was a disappointment. Although God is in the school name, the majority of the students there are not Godly. The students their look down on others, gossip, and spread rumors. Attending SAGU for one year opened my eyes to see how the AG community operates. The roommate I had, I thought was my good friend. She was supposed to send me my dorm things after I let her know I could not return. We had an agreement that I would send her money so she could ship me my things, but like many of the females, once they get into a relationship, their boyfriend is their only priority. Students are able to go on mission trips, but it is interesting to see that many of the students will go out of their way to go to undeveloped countries to spread the Gospel, but will ignore a fellow classmate based on the way they look. There is only a few students you can trust, and even then, you always have to watch your back. I felt that the people I considered friends were not genuine at all. As someone who has attended a Christian school for 7 years, starting college here was a mistake. This university is not worth the money. If you are looking for a Christian University, do no apply to SAGU. (Don't think that by attending a Christian University your relationship with God will be made stronger - not saying that it won't - but your relationship with God starts with you. You don't need a building, all you need is your Bible, a pen, paper, and some alone time)

Joey

i love sagu and everyone in it. including the professors, students, and staff. i’ve made a lot of friends and just has that welcoming environment that you would want to have anywhere. it may not be for everyone but it’s perfect for me because i get to grow my relationship with God, play basketball for the school, and get my education.

Austin

S.A.G.U has been one of the best experiences of my life. The friends I have made there are amazing and there is always something to do, or some event going on. The area is great, it has a small town feel to it but the city is still nearby. I love being here at S.A.G.U.

Alexis

I love my school, my professors, and simply the atmosphere my school gives. We let God lead us and guide us to be a family and allow him to take our lives in his control. I would recommend my school to different people. The only thing that would need to be improved is the food at my school. Our lions den and Einsteins is great but the caf food needs to be improved a bit. They are getting better little by little.

Pamela

5 stars

Keylynn

SAGU is a pretty great school! I love the atmosphere. There's friendly people everywhere! I just feel at home when I'm at school. I'm just a freshman right now but I do intend on attending SAGU all 4 years! I can't wait to see what the world has to offer me after I'm done with college. And I'll definitely be involved with SAGU even after I graduate!

Sam

DO NOT GO HERE. I came to this school to play soccer and it’s been such a terrible experience. The graduation rate is only 39% that is saying so much. The rules here are ridiculous you will still feel like you are in high school. If you aren’t super super super religious do not go here. If you don’t want to major in Bible/Missions/Music/ or being a pastor do not go here. You will not enjoy it. So many ridiculous rules no rated R movies even tho everyone who attends is 18+. There is a dress code, cerfew, and you have to attend chapel Tuesday-Friday. Also there are dorm bible studies on Mondays. When I attended I was a little religious not a lot but just a little bit and I was not comfortable at all. Unless you are a die hard Jesus fan do not come here. There isn’t anything to do everyone is uptight and if you might even think about partying drop it because you will never find it here. This school makes you feel like you are in high school, boarding school, or even back at home with your bossy parents there is ZERO freedom. Do not come here unless you are ready for the more then half the freshmen dropped out because of these ridiculous rules. Also it is super expensive. 30,000 for one year and it definitely doesn’t own up to the cost this school is a money drain don’t waste your money or your time here trust me I regretted it.

Alyx

This school cares about the students. Class sizes are small with help for student when needed. Friendly campus with a safe environment. Dorms are nice and the room size is great. I would encourage anyone to visit his campus. It is. It too far from Dallas which is great for shopping and fun activities. The town is small and has a great downtown area.

Makaela

I love school here. The campus is a very safe place in the middle of a tiny town. The classes vary in size but average 20 to 30 students. The food is cafeteria food so not much to say. The school has lots of activities like battle of the dorms and intramural sports. The professors are awesome and always available. They love to spend time with students and eat lunch with them all the time. Overall i could not have picked a better school to be a part of.

Selena

Coming to Southwestern Assemblies of God has been above and beyond of what I have prayed for. This college is Christ-centered in every aspect. The campus life is alive and the community has a lot of close-knit fellowships. Here at SAGU, we are a family in Christ. The professors here at college genuinely care and want to help see you succeed in life!! They are so friendly, merciful, and understanding, they are extremely different than public high school teachers. Lastly, I would like to mention how much I have grown in the Lord by going here. It establishes the foundation of Christ and helps you grow spiritually, mentally, emotionally, and physically (We have an amazing wellness center). I would rate Southwestern Assemblies of God University a 10 out of 10, honestly.

Maddie

I am currently completing my second semester of college at Southwestern Assemblies of God University and so far I love it. My second semester has been even better than my first but that can largely be contributed to my roommate situation since I am now living with my best friend. While the classes are a lot of work, they are not necessarily overly difficult. Every proffesor that I have had truly cared about each of the student’s lives and education and opens the class in prayer. This is something incredibly special because we ask God to bless our class time and present whatever requests there may be among the students and professors. The food is nothing to rave about, but on the positive side it helps me to not gain the freshman fifteen. We do, however, have munch money that we can spend at Einstein’s and the Den, which I really like. We also get the opportunity to attend chapel on the weekdays Tuesday through Friday and I love starting my day with worship and the word. Overall, it is a great school with many outstanding qualities.

Makayla

I love the university. It's been my dream college since the 7th grade and I'm not disappointed. I love the spiritual atmosphere here and how the college teaches us to make spending time with God a daily habit. Another thing that's great is that the professors really care. The college kind of creates a safe bubble, so we're not really prepared for the harshness of the real world, but I know it still prepares us.

Esmeralda

I really like this school because everyone is friendly. When I was considering where to go, I made sure to visit my schools and so far SAGU was always on the top. I even when to a morning classroom and like the open conversations between the students and the professor.

Dear S.A.G.U, "Once a lion, always a lion." This faithfully bold declaration remains forever true for all the lions who attend your beauty. Texas looks good on you. Summers are incredibly rough to say the least, because that means being apart for far too long. I don't want to spend a day without you. It may sound obsessive or strange, but you are the best thing that's ever happened to me. Once I became a student here, the thriving culture, easy going campus life, and charming professors have been streaming through my veins. My heart beats to your drum. It is my privilege to be a part of your life. I am so immensely thankful for all that you embody. Leadership. Dignity. Knowledge. Hope. Purpose. Education. Future. Family. There is no place like you. You are MY home. You are home to some amazing friends and unbelievable faculty. You are home because every day I am surrounded by unconditional love in all shapes and forms. Spontaneous high fives. Warmhearted hugs. Sweet and sincere smiles. Encouraging notes and texts. Meals filled with laughter and tears. Those nights when I stay up late with my roommate just venting about the craziness of life. Professors who legitimately care about my success and desire to pour advice into my life. You are full of love, destiny, and purpose. You are forever my home. I love you, S.A.G.U. Love, Your secret admirer

Southwestern Assemblies of God has the best professors and this campus provides free counseling. The students population is not that big, but that is perfect because the number of students in classrooms are not a lot. Co-ed sports are always going on and it is fun to get involved in different activities.This school has bible classes and secular classes. This university is known for MissionTen. Mission Ten is an organization inside the university that send students during the summer to help out different missionaries around the world. If you have the privilege to be here in this university, you should totally join a mission trip. Mondays we have dorm devotionals and the rest of the days at 9:30 am we have chapel. In chapel you learn lot about God and sometimes they change up the chapel service to musical or other activities. Being part of SAGU is an awesome blessing because even though Waxahachie, TX is a small town there are fun things you can do in downtown and Dallas, TX is only 30 minutes away!

Kali

Overall SAGU is a great place to be. The environment is welcoming and friendly. It is super easy to find friends here and most everyone is kind. The professors actually care about you as a person and not just a student. The campus is beautiful and you can almost always find people doing stuff or just chilling across the campus. Although the rules can sometimes get annoying, it is still an amazing place to be.

Bernise

One of the best school ever! I highly advise any first time freshmen or even transfer students. If you are a transfer student you'll find that transferring to SAGU is any easy process and they'll help you with any situation you find yourself in. Everyone should try SAGU it's full of people willing to help and share God's messages.

Joshua

I really love Southwestern Assemblies of God University. For me as a believer in Christ, this is one of a few schools that are truly authentic about their faith. The school is small, making the class size really easy for me to learn and to also connect with almost everyone on campus. The housing is also accessible and great. Athletics are also great to watch and play for also. Overall, i love this school and I am happy I made the right choice.

Sean

SAGU is a Christian University locates in Waxahachie Texas. The campus is beautiful and kept clean. The professors take the time to get to know you and they care about your success. If you are looking for a college him, I️ highly recommend a campus tour.

Aubre

I believe SAGU is a great university to be a part of. Not only do we have outstanding sport teams and offer a great education, but students here have the opportunity to find who they are in Christ and grow their relationship with the Lord. The SAGU atmosphere and community is incredible! I'm proud to call myself a lion!

Karla

My overall opinion of Southwestern Assemblies of God University is full of positivity. There is an overall fantastic sense of fellowship on and off campus between students and faculty. I enjoy my time in class learning and being comfortable talking to my professors about any issue I am facing. There are many opportunities ar SAGU to expressing my personal opinions and beliefs. SAGU also offers opportunities to develop my creativity and leadership skills.

MICHAEL

Go for the good! That is what I have to say about Southwestern Assemblies of God University. Sure, it is not a huge university where you could get lost in the shuffle. It is the home away from home that will embrace you for who you are. Everyone at SAGU is geared towards helping you develop mentally, physically, spiritually and emotionally. So what are you waiting for?

Richelle

I love it. Although I'm an online student, I've visited the campus. It feels like a second home already. The teachers are very supportive and available. They invest into the students so much. The education is from a good godly perspective. The on-campus feel is really good, too. It has a small town vibe while also providing lots of opportunities. There's honestly no other college I'd rather go to.

Elijah

I think that Southwestern Assemblies of God University is a great school. It surely isn't perfect, but it's a safe place that understands one's pursuit of Jesus. It helps being a part of a place where most people share your worldview. It's easier to create bonds that way between students and faculty.

keylan

I love it there I really feel led by God that I should attend there and have made it my personal goal. I love the smaller facility and housing the gym and lunch room are very nice and clean. All the students I have met there seem to really enjoy the campus life and made me feel really comfortable.

Zara

I really like southwestern. It's a smaller campus which means that there is more of a community centered feeling to it. People there are kind and friendly and the professors are excellent. It's a Christian school that has good values and knows what they believe.