Weatherford, OK
Southwestern Oklahoma State University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Southwestern Oklahoma State University

Olivia

SWOSU is a great school. I have yet to meet an instructor or faculty member who has not gone out of their way to help students. The professors are always available for questions and beg of student to come to them in and outside of office hours. The classes are small enough to not get lost in the crowd but large enough to be able to meet new people.

Alysa

Although the food may be lacking and everything happens to be an uphill walk. SWOSU has a beautiful campus and great class sizes averaging only about 30ish students per class. The slogan "SWOSU where the focus is you" is about the cheesiest thing, I have ever heard, but couldn't be more true. With competitive tuition prices and friendly faces everywhere, it's definitely a great place to make home. Just make sure to cook a lot!

Anna

I love the school size, the teachers are helpful and caring, and food is good. The town itself is boring if you are not opened minded or have friends to hang out with. The activities are amazing if you enjoy being involved. The housing is not bad but needs updates which the school is slowly doing.

Brianna

It's a great school that focuses on academic improvement without the added distractions of a big city. Yes, it's a small town, with not much to do, but you will always find like-minded people who know how to enjoy their time on campus in a safe way that doesn't ruin their GPA. The professors are encouraging and always find new opportunities for their students to succeed. It's a great place to learn that provides enough resources for the students to use accordingly without overwhelming people with too many options. We're small, but powerful!

Katherine

My over all opinion is that this schools is a beautiful campus. It has great spaces for studying and for just getting together with friends. It may be in a small town but, it is really a wonderful and safe campus for any student looking for a nice quiet town to do your studies.

Katherine

I LOVE SWOSU! The professors are amazing and are always around for questions or comments! The buildings and campus grounds are so beautiful! There is so much to do that you will never be bored. The only thing I would change would be the food services on campus. I LOVE being a Bulldog!

Benjamin

As someone who transferred to this college, I found Southwestern to be a step up from my former college! The learning environment feels more comfortable, open, and friendly, and for a small town and a small campus, it's a very active community! I would definitely recommend this college for anyone wanting to attend college in Oklahoma!

If I was to be given the chance to go back in time to my senior year I would give myself much more mature advice then ever went through my head as teenager. I would first tell myself to not wish away my last year of high school and to enjoy every second of it. I would also then know how extremely important it is to take advantage of all the concurrent classes available to you while your there. I wish I had taken those classes then, because I would have been so much more ahead of the game then I was when I got to college. I would also do what I know now is much more important than maybe any work or project I have ever done, and that is networking. I have come to realize that is much bigger and important than most people think. It is not always about what you know, but who you know. If I could go back I would have communicated and talked much more with my teachers, students, and administrators. Those are the things I would try to approach very differently if I were able to go back in time.

The type of person that should attend school here at SouthWestern Oklahoma State University is someone that is very ambitious, outgoing, and maybe someone who is in need of a cheaper alternative of education. It is to my understanding that SWOSU is one of the less expensive four year schools in Oklahoma. I As far as the type of people that attend school here though, we have students from all over the United States as well at international students. It is very much a diverse university and I belive that people from various walks of life would be great here.

I think one of the most frustrating things about my school would be the lack of activities and social life on campus. As an athlete here at SWOSU, I dont have alot of time outside the classroom and field, but I do have alot of time in the fall when my sport is not in season. I think they really need to improve on the social events and activities that go on. There just arent alot of groups or clubs to attend or be apart of.

Kelli

The online/blackboard collaborative program that allowed distance learning.

The online/blackboard collaborative program that allowed distance learning.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself to not worry so much about what other people think. I would tell myself to accept myself just as I am. I would tell myself to do a self-inventory and figure out what I enjoy doing and what my personal strengths are. I would let my personal interests and strengths guide me more when making life-impacting decisions including college and career choices. I would tell myself to think about my life in ten years, 20 years, and 50 years from high school...and ask myself where do I want to be at those points in my life? How will I get there? I would write down my goals. Treasure the good memories, learn from my mistakes, and forgive myself for wrong choices. Don't be afraid to admit my weaknesses and ask others for help. Always do my best, don't take things personally, don't make assumptions, don't live in the past, keep my word, be quick to apologize and forgive, do daily random acts of kindness and finally, I would talk less and listen more.

Nothing....it was a great experience.

Allison

When I was talking about SWOSU, people looked in disguist as well as saying that it smelled like cow poop and that I should go to a major university if not an Ivy League. With that being said, SWOSU is extraordinary! Everyone is jubilent. Tuitions, fees, and room and board rates are affordable. Classes are information and the professors actually acknowledge your presences in class. The campus is rather small, but you will get a workout walking up the hills with powered winds. Overall, I am glad I cam to SWOSU instead of the other schools I was considering.

Allison, I am you from the future coming back to give you some heads up. Do what everyone had told you about filling out as many schoarships because winning one is not enough. Do make lots of new friends and say hi to everyone because they will say hi back. Do talk to the guy you think is cute because he will see him often and regret never saying hi. Do go to the welleness center when you are bored instead of napping because you will miss out on a lot. Do not be an overachiever and make applying to collages a competition because it is a waste of money. Do not be naive and think collage courses are like AP classes because they are much harder since you have not cushion grade. Do not attempt to do everything yourself because there are people there to help you. Do not think you have to eat your money worths because the food will always be there. Lastly, be yourself and everything will be fun!

With many great qualities, SWOSU also has flaws. First off, I knew SWOSU was in a small town in the middle of "no where", but I did not know everything would close at eleven besides one restaurant and WAl-Mart. Secodnly, the parking ltos are extremely small that if you are not careful, you will door ding someone. Lastly, I was I had never heard or learned about the ghost stories like three in the morning being "Dead" hours.

Southwestern Oklahoma State University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.