Weatherford, OK
Southwestern Oklahoma State University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Southwestern Oklahoma State University

Lee

Hi teeage brat me! You think you know everything now, but college will give you a run for your money! Life in college will be extremely hard if you don't get it into gear! You have high ambition, high expectation, but you haven't prepped yourself well enough! Have patience! Learn time management! Learn how to learn! School isn't just about "getting it done" anymore, it's about the process, earning your learning, and all the blood, sweat, and tears leading to your ambitions. There will be many obstacles ahead of you! Surround yourself with a good support system, keep striving, and keep your head up! Keep going and I promise you will go far! Sincerely, Accomplished you!

If I could go back in time and talk to my high school self about college advice, I would not have given any. The reason because without learning all of the college experiences on my own, it would not have meant as much as it does. You only learn something if you go through it yourself and come out better from it. I consider it better that you learn on your own because then you are prone to making mistakes, and while mistakes are bad you learn from them, and they are what shapes your personality. Learning things on your own helps you become the person that you will live the rest of your life as. But if I had to go back and talk to my high school self, I would tell her that school is harder, but funner in college, and that she needs to start forming a routine study habit. I would also tell her to relax and have fun while transitioning to college, because it will only happen once, so she should make the most of it, and have fun while doing.

Alvaro

The people here are far more friendly than what im used to including teachers and students.

I wish i could have looked into more colleges and applied for a lot more scholarships. It would have helped my parents with the burden of paying for college as their income is just enough to sustain our home.

Nick

Forget everything you knew about high school. The professors care about your education and will work with you if you have a problem. There's a focus on academics instead of just simply athletic prowess. There is a tradeoff though; you will have to do homework. Don't think you can just move in with your partying buddies and stay up all night. The days will be long and hard; and you might lose some of your friends by not hanging out with them, but it will be worth it in the end. You do not want to end up like I did scraping by for ten years, working hard labor for sixty hours a week and still being broke at the end of the month. A successful career is far more rewarding in the end and nothing say you can't have a little fun after your homework is done.

Most of my classmates are very nice but some need more focus or need to seek a different major.

Very nice atmosphere, and the professors are willing to do anything for students that will put out the effort.

Savannah

A serious student that is interested in learning with a hands on approach. Southwestern is smaller with small class sizes that is highly effective and makes for a serious learning environment where the student and professor can actually have a relationship vs a large university with 100 plus class sizes. This makes learning the material easier and getting to know others in the class also easier. I transferred from a larger university and I feel more comfortable with learning the sciences at Southwestern.

Be true to yourself and don't make the popular choice in choosing a college or university to attend. Choose what will be the best fit for the type of person you are. If you want a casual learning experience with a great deal of social life then a larger university with great social club structure is more for you. If you are a serious student that wants to learn the material in a smaller classroom environment then look at schools that will fit that and place less emphasis on social life. College is what you make of it and no one can predict what experience you will have. The choices you make from this point forward will greatly influence your future. No longer is everything spelled out for you. Understand that learning is a process and allow it to evolve and change as you go through the experience.

Probably the most frustrating thing would be finding outside or additional tutoring sources other than the instructors.

Julia

My college experience has taught me how to handle situations in a mature manner, how to not procrastinate and get my work done, and most of all how valuable my education really is. It has been such a learning experience to move away from everything I know and love to a small town and learn how to adjust. It is going to make my future everything that I want it to be. College is so valuable, because it teaches students how to grow up and mature without parents. It teaches them how to be responsible and that in order to get what you want you have to work for it. College is just the first step to my future.

The kind of person that shouldn't attend SWOSU is one of those peole who are lazy, unmotivated, not caring, doesn't like to be happy or enjoy themselves. SWOSU has something for everyone, just be sure to have an open mind to the culture change and the different atmosphere, but it really is a wonderful place.

My school has many great oppurtunities for anyone and everyone there are so many clubs, classes, and activities to get involved in, and the professors are so friendly and willing to help the students in anyway that they possibly are able to; all in all, this is such a wonderful school.

caleb

my school is unique because we have a swosu foundation that goes into scholarships.

well, when i started out i took a year off after highschool, worked on a pig farm for seaboard foods in colorado, didn't like that, tryed to join the army lost 50 pounds. turned out i was to fat still.. gave up and made it here.. got depressed but im doing okay just need money for my books maybe food cause im hungrey.

my classmates are loud, obnoxious and quiet...

My college experience has been very interesting. High school does not do enough to prepare you for the college experience. In college, you must study and work hard to acheive the grades you want; whereas, in high school, you can slack and still get the grades you desire. College has taught me three main things: make friends in each class so you can develop a study group together, do not wait until the night before any exam to study, and get to know your professors. These three things have helped me start my long-term goal in becoming a pharmacist. My professors are eager to help me when i ask for it, and they explain things clearly to where I understand. The professors are outstanding teachers, and they have made college a valuable experience for me.

Before attending Southwestern Oklahoma State University, I wish I would have known more about the layout of the campus. I found myself getting lost and being late to class because I didn't know where each building was located.

Southwestern Oklahoma State University is an outstanding university that has great professors and advisors who will work with you one on one to make sure that you achieve your short and long-term goals.

Kylee

The campus is small enough where it's not hard to meet people, and there are alot of friendly faces on campus.

I have gained so many memories and friendships in the one year that I have attended college. Some of the most memorable moments that I have had have been at my university. Attending college has also given me the opportunity to meet new people and to make new friends; these are friendships that I know will last a lifetime. Aside from the fun times that my friends and I have had, I know that attending and graduating from college will be one of the most important things I will do. I am a very goal oriented person, and I know that in order to achieve great things in life I will need a proper education. My ultimate goal in life is to be able to make an impact on other people's lives, but I know that without a college education I will not have to knowledge necessary to really be able to put what I have learned into action.

I really like the small class sizes, and the one-on-one time you get with the professors.

Southwestern Oklahoma State University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.