Miami Gardens, FL
St Thomas University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend St Thomas University

Fixed  rate loan

Fixed  rate loan

St. Thomas is an amazing school. It is very secure, close knit and offers a family atmosphere. The only con to this school is that there are not many scholarship opportunities. It is listed all over the St. Thomas website that there are many scholarship opportunities and that it offers "affordable" private education but that is not true. The scholarships advertised have a lot of limits and can only be used singularly. This school is very expensive and will leave you in a lot of debt upon graduating.  I am struggling but optimistic about graduation.

Herminia

The academic courses are great. They have good professors that are knowledgeable about the subject matter they are teaching. It's quite tough doing all the work so students must really devote time and be serious with their studies. There are deadlines to follow and penalties for late work applies to all except for unavoidable circumstances. Professors are available for questions and clarifications, students just need to reach out and be proactive.

Jessika

It is a beautiful campus and the professors are amazing. There is not a day that goes by that you learn something new. Yes, there are some that are more difficult than others, and some that do not teach at all. However, that is just college life. When it comes to Administration, Financial Aid, or just trying to speak to someone regarding money, it is almost no one cares except for the professors. No one on the offices gets their jobs done properly. That is one major flaw of the school. They do not apply their Catholic Identity and Code of Conduct within the offices. The professors do, the administration does not.

Jonathan

Excellent I love the school

Excellent I love the school

Juan

A Great place where learning takes place, and your success is the first priority. Its genuinely wonderful. Its genuinely wonderful. Its genuinely wonderful. Its genuinely wonderful. Its genuinely wonderful. Its genuinely wonderful. Its genuinely wonderful. Its genuinely wonderful. Its genuinely wonderful. Its genuinely wonderful.

Maniola

This is my fist semester their and so far its not bad. They have a lot of resources to make sure you do good in your classes. I am catholic, so for a private institution its not that expensive, Its very affordable, they help you with you financial needs. everyone

Garmai

It's a great school and the people make you feel at home. People at the cafe is great and amazing.

daphne

My school is best known for getting a job after you graduate and the major

I WOULD SAY TO MYSELF DON'T TAKE NOTHING FOR GRANTED. JUST FOCUS IN SCHOOL AND DO THE BEST THAT YOU CAN TO MAKE THINGS MEET. KEEP YOUR GRADES UP AND DONT LET NOTHING INFLUENCE YOU OR GET IN YOUR WAY. COLLEGE IS NOT EASY AT ALL. STAY FOCUS AT ALL TIMES AND DON'T PROCRASTINATE. INTERACT WITH YOUR PROFESSORS AND ALWAYS ASK FOR HELP NO MATTER WHAT. KEEP YOUR HEAD AND STRIVE FOR YOUR GOAL. DON'T GIVE UP!

Diana

Since we are a new class this year we are all very freindly and eager to help one another. This school encourages long enduring freindships.

St Thomas is known for it small sized class, seriously commited faculty and well known alumi in the community. It is a catholic univeristy that is well respected in South Florida.

I would definitely advised myself to look for a school that matched my personality and that met my needs. Since I am a person that enjoys small classe, personal attention, and that human touch which would support my leaning experience and that encouraged close knit freindships. Also, I would advise to make my educaitonal experience complete I would remind myself of how important it is for me to have the support of the faculty. St Thomas checks all those boxes. It is easier to study and to communicate and support each other with smaller class size, something St. Thomas University is known for. And even when going gets tough, to have a school that offers and wellness center for releaving those stressful times and counseling is a blessing.

College is not all that I expected and what others told me of it to be in high school. There arent crazy parties on the weekends or crazy roommates but sometimes lonely nights and feeling home sick. Unlike in High School where teachers didnt care, here they actually want you to succeed and become a better person. In my first semester I was had the mentality that I didnt have to go to all my classes like I did in High School so I learned the consequence when seen my GPA. The advice I'd give to my High School self is stay stay focused in my classes and not get pressured into doing other non-important things because I want to feel "cool" because "cool" doesnt get you into you r dream college. Also, to cherish my family and the support they have all given through my journey in hgih school up to college. But also to have enjoyed this last year in High School because once college comes its all about studying and preparing for the future so take it easy but never lose focus on whats important.

Campus life can be dull at time, theres not much activites that go on but it is easier when you have a car or if you know people who are computers who know the area. The food isnt the best but its managable.

Saint Thomas University is a small university/campus but I prefer this because the teachers actually know who you are and are willing to help with anything needed. there is also outside help like tutoring or the writing center wheich is useful for wrting papers.

St Thomas University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.