Stony Brook University Top Questions

Stony Brook University is best known for its pre-med program and many students will have the opportunity to intern at the hospital attached to the university. Many of my friends were in the nursing program and interned at the hospital. They all quickly found employment upon graduation due to the experience they earned at the hospital.

rob

SBU is know for it's medicial program and engineering.

Gilad

Stony brook is primarily known as a medical and scientific research school.

I really like the involvement fair because it informs students of all the different clubs that exist on campus. I also enjoy strawberry festival because it is one of my favorite fruits.

Nicoya

Business and medical studies and careers.

Kathrine

Science, Mathematics, Computer Engineering. Pre-med

Stony Brook is most well known as a research university with many student majoring in the sciences. However, Stony Brook also has a great liberal arts program. Stony Brook is also well known for its diversity. Many different cultures, ethnicities, etc attend Stony Brook so everyone is welcome.

Paula

This school is best known for its research in the sciences. It is particularly known for research in theoretical physics, applied chemistry and biology, and medicine.

Alexa

Stony Brook is best known for its high standards and low tuition costs.

Myra

Being able to provide resources to its students. We have been provided with a place to pray

Janay

Stony Brook is best know for is tremendous medical and research abilities.

Jaime

Strong science related programs and medical school accessabiltiy.

Patricia

It's science department

Ariana

Stony Brook University is best known for it's diversity and school spirit.

Stony Brook is definitely known for the difficult science and math courses offered, as well it's dedication to research in new and innovative medical techniques and discoveries. It is no doubt a viable institution to attend for students seeking to be pre-med majors.

Lorraine

My school is best known for its research in basically all fields, its pre-med program, its medical school and its vast diversity.

The science program and pre medical program are both amazing. The downside to being well known for those two programs is that there are lots and lots of students in those two fields - i.e. some classes have over 800 students.

Cristina

Pre med students who tend to be asian.

laurie

sciences, research

allison

it's science programs, and having the highest amount of depressed kids on campus

Connie

medicine

Sciences & math and research

Ruchi

Research and science.

Medical fields, research, engineering, psychology, the hospital

tuition and research

Mehnaz

premed

Nickcoles

Stony brook is best know for their science programs and for being somewhat of a party school.

Da'Nashja

Stony Brook is best known for science

Medicine.

Josephine

Stonybrook's medical school and scientific research opportunities are what it is most famous for.

Sunia

PARTIES!

HINA

RESEARCH

Lee

Every year students build boats out of cardboard, duct tape and other materials and race them in Roth Pond.

Lee

Lee