Stony Brook University

« See more reviews of Stony Brook University

Stony Brook University is best known for its pre-med program and many students will have the opportunity to intern at the hospital attached to the university. Many of my friends were in the nursing program and interned at the hospital. They all quickly found employment upon graduation due to the experience they earned at the hospital.

Stony Brook is most well known as a research university with many student majoring in the sciences. However, Stony Brook also has a great liberal arts program. Stony Brook is also well known for its diversity. Many different cultures, ethnicities, etc attend Stony Brook so everyone is welcome.

Stony Brook is definitely known for the difficult science and math courses offered, as well it's dedication to research in new and innovative medical techniques and discoveries. It is no doubt a viable institution to attend for students seeking to be pre-med majors.

The science program and pre medical program are both amazing. The downside to being well known for those two programs is that there are lots and lots of students in those two fields - i.e. some classes have over 800 students.

I really like the involvement fair because it informs students of all the different clubs that exist on campus. I also enjoy strawberry festival because it is one of my favorite fruits.

This school is best known for its research in the sciences. It is particularly known for research in theoretical physics, applied chemistry and biology, and medicine.

My school is best known for its research in basically all fields, its pre-med program, its medical school and its vast diversity.

Every year students build boats out of cardboard, duct tape and other materials and race them in Roth Pond.