Alfred, NY
SUNY College of Technology at Alfred

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend SUNY College of Technology at Alfred

samantha

The majority of my classmates are driven and very passionate about the field of study they have choosen

knowing what i know now i would tell myself to get the best grades possible and start scholorship searching sooner rather than later

The best thing about my school is the hands on learning because learning this way gives you an advantage over others in the job market.

If I knew what I know now about college I would have told myself to relax. People will like you and you will do just as well in college as you did in high school, if not better. Take care of yourself.

Terence

If you want a good college experience make a lot of good friends. Don't overload yourself with work during the first years. Manage your time. Ask for help when you need it, no matter what.

Someone who doesn't take their education seriously because there is nothing else to do around here but drink.

Someone who wants to have a good college experience.

Braedy

I would describe my school as quiet and peaceful.

I would describe my school as quiet and peaceful.

I would tell myself to be more open minded and weigh my options more carefully. Take time to make the best decision for myself.

Campus is easy to get around. Professors are friendly and helpful. Very safe enviroment.

Elisabeth

A small college in the country that encourages students to do their best.

A small college in the country that encourages students to do their best.

Take your time to decide what you want do with your life. College can be both an interesting and stressful place. Make sure that yu know what you want to go to college for before going.

Phillio

My advise to parents an students about choosing a college is to find something you have a passion for and then just follow your heart. If you listen to your heart you can't go wrong. don't choose a school just because of one thing take all aspects into account. How good is the program you are intrested in. What is the campus setting like and would you fit into it. How are your grades based on the accepted students grades. If you can't see yourself there or see yourself getting accepted there then back away. Your heart is telling you no. Make sure you look at every aspect of the college or university. Know what it has to offer. You want to know as much as possible before you make your decision. Sometimes colleges may say they have a certain activity but it is not currently active. This can lead to disappointment and second guessing of your college choice. Know what your getting into and in time you will know you have made the right decition.

THe best part about Alfred State is the hands on learning. The first week i was there i went out in the field and began to survey. This expirence helped me to find out immediately that this major and school was right for me.

This school is in the middle of no where. There is no other town for seven miles and thats if you consiter Hornell to be a big thing. There is a lack of culture, ie plays, musicals, concerts etc, here.

Stephen

Probably getting good jobs for seniors and one of the biggest party schools in the state.

I would advise parents and/or students to let the student decide where he/she wants to go. As a student I go to Alfred because it is a good basic education for half the price as going to a big prestigious school. Alfred is excellent to get the general required courses out of the way and then transfer to a well-known school for a masters degree. To make the most out of your college experience, I would suggest that the student be yourself and make your life the way you want it to be. College is like a fresh start and allows the student to start their life any way they want.

Any kind of person who wants a good basic education. There are many types of people that go to this school, it's very diverse

Rene

My classmates are a thrill to be with and are understanding. When you need help with a project they are there for advise and judgement.

When finding the right college always go to an orientation or college visit, if available. I know when i attended my orientation at SUNY Alfred it was very helpful and allowed me to make my decision final. i was able to view the college life, see where i would live and see where activities are held and what goes on. Also ask questions.... when i visited my college for the first time my father asked tons of question to make sure it was a comfortable and suitable place to put his "little girl." The questions help and also teach you on what your going to expect for your school year, so there's no surprises.

i have to say the weekends. A normal weekend consists of studying during the day and hanging out with a few friends at night. Everyone leaves during the weekend so no ones really there to socialize with.

Melissa

Their technology that is available for all students to use.

Their technology that is available for all students to use.

Before you choose a college, make sure you visit it. Make sure the surrounding area is a place you can be comfortable in and find things to do. Campus life is just as important as academics. The student will need to be comfortable away from home and be able to fit in. Also, look into all the social programs they have to see if there is anything the student would enjoy. Social life and academics should mix well so that the student can get the most out of their college experience. Having a private tour of the college with an actual student is always helpful. I also suggest having a meeting with the faculty in charge of the students area of interest.

Anyone that isn't willing to work or try hard or focus should not come here. This isn't a college to party and let loose. You're learning skills that will help you in the real world. So be prepared to work hard.

Marrissa

Alfred State College is a great college experience, providing students with the "total package"!

I would suggest that students not make such a big hype of the "experience." It is going to be exactly what you make of it. I suggest not getting carried away with fraternities/sororities for a fear of getting behind in your studies. This is the beginning of what the rest of your life will be. I take my college life very serious, because of what I pay. Do not take anything for granted.

There is absolutely no off campus housing unless you are 24 years or older, in a frat or a sorority, have a dependant--so on.

SUNY College of Technology at Alfred administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.