Texas A & M University-College Station

« See more reviews of Texas A & M University-College Station

Any person who is willing to work hard and wants to pursue higher education at an academically advanced university should attend Texas A&M University because it offers many opportunities to student willing to take advantage of the resources given to them. Many resources are provided for us as Aggies including social aspects as well. Tradition is big at A&M and it really makes you feel a part of something and helps for students to feel unafraid to ask questions. Other students as well as faculty and staff are very willing to help students in any way possible.

When you hear Texas A&M University words such as: conservative, traditional, or southern might pop into your mind. Yet, just because someone doesn't fit that mold does not necessarily mean they shouldn't attend my school. With over 47,000 undergraduates you can find a plethora of student's from different cultures and back grounds. Truly the only person who shouldn't attend A&M is the individual who isn't ready to represent something greater than themselves, because once you become an Aggie you're expected to embody our core values and represent us forever.

Students should not attend this school if they do not uphold Aggie core values. These values include, excellence, integrity, loyalty, respect, leadership, and selfless service. For excellence, Aggies set the bar in defining who we are and what we believe in. For integrity, Aggies honor a code: "Aggies do not lie, cheat, or steal nor tolerate those who do". Aggies are loyal; we are all family. As family, we respect each other. Aggies are leaders; if you don't want to be a leader, this school is not for you. Lastly, Aggies serve for the greater good.

Because our campus is so friendly and accomodating to all visitors and guests, I really do not think anyone would not get along here. The school is deemed as one of the most conservative schools in Texas, but that should not be a deciding factor when students are thinking about his/her future college. There are many different organizations on campus, so it is almost absolute that any student, no matter his/her views, can find others who have the same views as he/she. Any student would be able to find his/her own niche.

If you are a person that is young and want to party and slack off you will fail. You must be prepared for everything at this school. You will learn honor and respect. You will get the finest education in a military atmosphere. You have to be able to except any and all criticism. If you are a person that makes small mistakes and want to learn on how to correct the university will help correct and show you how to adapt to your mistake. The wick will not survive. You must be elite, smart, witty and adaptable to change.

Someone who does not like crowds; the kind of person who prefers to keep to themselves and has no interest in sports (Or if you have a disdain for cowboy hats and boots). A&M is a very social school that puts a huge emphasis on getting involved and meeting people. There is a plethora of clubs and organizations a student can join. There are thosands of people attending Texas A&M, so if a person isn't fond of large groups of people and is looking for a school where everybody knows everybody they should look elsewhere.

People that shouldn't attend Texas A&M Unversity are people that don't feel comfortable with living in a town predominately made up of college students and don't like to follow traditions. A&M is made up of mostly college students, because the campus is located in a small town; whereas, compared to other universities that may be located in a big city and are surrounded by a crowd of all ages. There are a variety of traditions that are upheld by the student body at A&M, and you're highly encouraged to participate.

Students majoring in Liberal Arts as the school emphasizes engineering, business and veterinary programs. Also, students who would prefer an urban setting as the city population is mostly made up of students. Finally, students who would prefer a small school with under 40,000 students enrolled and schools that do not invest vast resources on athletic programs. A large majority of the student population is conservative and the city reflects these values. There is no room for differing viewpoints at Texas A&M.

People that shouldn't attend this school are people that are not willing to get involved. A&M is a BIG school, so if you don't make an effort to get to know anyone then you will probably start to feel alone in a crowd. Getting involved is not difficult, however, because there are people of all different sorts here. Any interest or hobby you may have, there is probably an organization for that. Also if you are a Longhorns fan or partial to the color burnt orange then you also shouldn't come here. Just kidding.

A coy, independent person should not attend this university. Texas A&M is a very active school when it comes to extracurriculars, whether it be sports, clubs, or social events. Traditions and camraderie are defining elements of this institution, and in order for these to exist the student body needs to remain active, which it undoubtedly is. I believe that if you're the kind of person who wants to get through college without being very involved with campus-life, then this probably is not the place for you.