Texas Southmost College

« See more reviews of Texas Southmost College

UTB makes registering for classes as easy as tying your shoes. With the powerful tool known as the internet, registering a class, and for that matter dropping a class, has never been easier. Classes are categorized either alphabetically or by major, instantly enabling you to locate the class you are looking for. Registered for a wrong class or come to realize that classes overlap? With a few easy clicks, you can instantly drop the course and fix it yourself. The convenient way of registering for classes at UTB makes it something worth bragging to friends.

Every student in college sometimes brags about his/her school dont you think? I must admit that UTB is sometimes what I brag about to my friends. Many of my friends don't have the advantage that I have. I usually brag about how I don't have to be away from the wondeful family that I have since the university is in my homewotwn. Something else I like to brag about my school are the recreation centers they have. They have from sports to dance and to clubs so many things you can be entertained about. Brag about UTB!

Our president is amazing. Our campus is located right in the middle of the border wall project. She fought to have the border wall built around our school...not right through it. She is also on the Barack Obama's transition team. We have also recieved a multimillion dollar grant for contruction on our campus. We are now half way through building a 2nd library, a 3 story gym, a new daycare center and new education buildings. things are looking pretty good here on our already beautiful campus.

The University of Texas at Brownsville Teacher's are over qualified the majority of them come from University's outside of the state and have their Ph. D. Unlike other university's where the teacher student relationship in the classroom is by a seat number, here at the University of Texas at Brownsville classes are small so teachers can actually relate your name to your face. Not all students can say that they have the best school but i can Im a criminal justice major and this is my school.

I would mainly brag about the University's Music Department. It is so amazing and to hear the different ensembles like the UTB Symphony Orchestra, or the Chamber Ensembles or even faculty ensembles, they are all equally amazing. These fellow students practice and it pays off when it comes to the actual day of the concert. Everyone is so friendly as well in the music department. The Professors are understanding and the students help out when needed.

The University of Texas at Brownsville is the place to be. It enriches the Tex-Mex culture with a series of unforgettable events. People from all cultures, ethnicity, and race are welcome with open arms. UTB has a wide range of students from across the world. There isn't a "kind" of person who isn't immediately accepted into the community. This university will welcome any person with open arms.

I brag about how beautiful the campus is and how unique it is to other universites due to having two campuses in one with the old mall in Brownsville now being part of the UTB system. I love how the school just keeps expanding and the beauty it brings to the city. It's so close to downtown that UTB organizations usually set up booths and entertainment in the community around them.

When i go out on a social date with my friends we tend to talk about the universities that we attend and describe the pros and the cons. I always talk about how all the people at the university are friendl and how everone knows each other. It is awesome walking into a room and people you dont really know say hi and ask how your days been thats just very amazing.

The Sports center offers a state of the art weight room, volley ball courts, basket ball courts and racket ball courts. The swiming pool is great. This University is close to Mexico, so there is an International culture. The beach is 40 minutes away with one of the best spring break destinations of the country, South Padre Island.

Its in the town we grew up in. Its not considered a Commuity Collge which ususally students attending college frown down upon. Its beautiful with all the culture that surrounds the campus as well as the History behind how to school got started and even Historical events that have happened where our University is on.