Texas Southmost College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Texas Southmost College

Brian

It is now called the University of Texas Rio Grande Valley, which is the unison of UTB and Pan-American. It is a very natural and beautiful campus, students are sympathetic, professors are understanding and professional. I plan on staying at UTRGV, the culture is great, Go Vaqueros!

lexi

Most of the students I attended high school with would say that UTRGV would not provide the same education as a university farther up north would; they would qualify the school as subpar. However, I would strongly disagree. The professors are incredible, the environment is more than welcome, the offered services are ever so helpful, and the campus itself is beautiful.

Brianna

I have completed a semester at the University of Texas Rio Grande Valley at Brownsville and am currently attending my second at the moment. I honestly don't have many complaints besides the lack of availability of classes. I understand that we are fairly new and still growing as a university here, but I just wish there were more classes here in Brownsville instead of having to travel to Edinburgh. Other than that, I think the campus is great, I often enjoy walking around and the Rec Center that we have is amazing. I don't live on campus but have been told that the dorm are nice. Student life is friendly, in fact making friends is often quite easy.

shiann

I believe the University of Texas at Brownsville contains an efficient amount of programs, majors and minors for their students and contains multiple resources to stay active mentally and physically. It is a beautiful campus with wonderful staff, students, etc.

Michelle

Very beautiful campus and wonderful people. I get along with alot of people and he professors are somewhat understandable about what is going on with student lives and try to help as much as possible. A lot of opportunity to get extra help if you are struggling with anything . Overall very friendly and helpful school.

Briana

Texas Southmost College is a great college where I can stay close to home and have a good opportunity for my studies. I had help from advising in helping me enroll in the school and in answering any questions I had. I am excited to start classes in this school this upcoming fall and I am eager to get learning and start off my future.

Ilce

TSC is a great diverse college who does not discriminate. Its unbelievable how much the teachers care for their students and the amount of time their willing to give. The education is also another factor that makes TSC special because it is very dedicated and advanced.

Best school and cheap

Lizzette

Professors are always going out of their way to make sure you are comprehending the curriculum, and the students are friendly, everyone always does their own thing and if you're on the side line they will pull you into the fun. Overall the environment of the campus is relaxing and walking to class is a breeze with the shade the trees provide for us walking to different buildings.

Benjamin

I think that Texas Southmost College is an alright campus. The only thing that's great about this campus is the cost and a few professors. There's great oppurtunities for people here but i feel like there's better things for me at a different campus.

vanessa

its a community college so I feel like its a neighborly thing, as most of my friends are attending I feel right at home and comfortable. as far as the setting its very up to date and modern. it has functioning a/c with Wi-Fi and the classes aren't so big and you can easily hear the professor.

Miriam

It is a fun university to be in. Although it is located in a small town, the professors are extremely helpful and intelligent.

Abigail

This school has great professors who will try and work with their students, the education is good, and the tuition is an affordable price. Although the school is quite old, the techniques can be quite modern. The campus size is small compared to others, and it would be nice to have a bigger cafe that is not connected to the school store.

miguel

Texas Southmost collage is a small collage with a lot to offer. it has state of the art facilities and historical buildings. the classes available are rigorous and challenging. the courses offered at the campus are taught by renowned professors and challenge the student.

Maria

Beautiful

anna

Texas Southmost College is a two year associate degree and a community college, that helps student to keep on going with their education. Its located in Brownsville, Tx close to the border of Mexico. TSC offers many degree that can help you find a job until you finished with four years degree or even more. TSC there's many options they can give you and offer you. Their resources are really good, because it offer jobs for students, and they respect the schedule that you have. They also have open gym which is free and we share it with UTRGV. which is the University of Texas Rio Grande Valley. We also share the library with UTRGV as well. We have the Oliveira building, which they have , financial aid, admissions and advising they help you register and drop or add classes. There's also cashier for your refunds, open computer laps too. Also, we have off on charro's days, we celebrate a two nation fiesta and an annual four day pre-Lenten celebration held in Brownsville, TX with the cooperation with Matamoros, Tamaulipas, Mexico. Our culture we share it with hispanic people. That's why i chose TSC, because everyone gets a long and no one criticize anybody. We have different race or any type of religion. We treat everyone like a family and that's what makes Texas Southmost College special.

Mayra

It is a great school to get your basics out of the way. It is somewhat affordable and works with the students. There is a variety of classes and most of the professors are helpful. Every now and then you get one that is just there for a paycheck but it is quite rare.

valeria

My overall opinion is pretty average for the amount they charge in tuition. Ever since the merger of UTB and UTPA things have gotten more difficult and more expensive. I do hope classes become more accessible and tuition and fees go down for the quality of education we get.

Israel

Great school, outstanding staff, very motivating professors. The environment is inspiring, the campus has many history to it and there are a lot of programs of study, clubs, and events students can go to for entertainment or for learning. If you know someone who is looking into getting an associate's degree and lives in South Texas, recommend them TSC.

Jose

Overall, the campus is really intresting. There is a variety of students willing to open up to new friendships. Faculty is also friendly and available when needed. There is no day where I walk without a smile on my face. Also, there are nearby fast food restaurant for students to grab something to eat in between clases.

Teresa

As an entering freshmen at university, the nerve wrecking apprehensiveness is clear even by view. However, in The University of Texas at Rio Grande Valley, the atmosphere itself is calming and welcoming, the beautiful, refined campus and amiability are qualities that open up the trust of people. The University makes you feel part of the extensive family it consists of the moment one steps in.

Isabella

I believe TSC is a very great school, people go to learn and the environment is amazing. TSC is a community college with a lot of opportunities. It is small college but it has great professors and technology to help you succeed. The professors is what makes the school so good, they usually respond to you that same day which is very helpful when you have a questions regarding homework, quizzes and exams.

maria

Very great school, I’m proud to be a student at Texas southmost college because I’m made great friends great staff. I’m entoñled st the campus activities board and the leadership club and is really fun because I am able to learn new things that I never done because

VANESSA

Overall I believe that my school is great. It's not that expensive and I get all the classes that I need. Professors are all nice and they make a nice environment for their students.

Ernesto

It is a good place to start, the fact that classes are small you get to have a lot of one on ones with professors. The culture, although there is a little bit of everything, it is mainly Hispanic. Not to brag, but Hispanics are the nicest and most welcoming people I have met and it only makes learning so much more fun.

Marco

Texas Southmost College is an affordable, accessible, and an overall great college experience. While it is a community college, TSC is definitely a great stepping stone for students to become familiar with how a college or university operates. Students learn what works best for them in college while staying close to home with support from friends and family.

Valeria

Texas Southmost College is an excellent college to start reaching your professional career. This college provides a lot of opportunities to students to start their studies in their decided major. It is known for being the most affordable college in the Rio Grande Valley and their installations and facilities are amazing. I am very sure I made a good decision.

Nora

I think that Texas Southmost College has very good professors. Some which are difficult but make students learn. I am happy with academic advising because the review my needs every time I visit to register for the next semesters classes. The only thing that I would like to be changed are the desk in the class rooms.

Kimberly

This is my first year enrolled in this college. Honestly I love everything about this college. Every single day we have an outside activity that anyone can attend. What I love the most about this college is the rec center, this is where we can go workout. Working out is great for us students who are in college, we get to go take out all of our stress there.

nayeli

I'M A FRESHMAN AT TEXAS SOUTHMOST COLLEGE AND HONESTLY I LOVE IT SO MUCH!! THE PLACE IS SOO CLEAN, FRESH, RELAXING, AND MOTIVATES ME TO STUDY. I WOULD SAY I WOULD RATE IT 10/10 NOT ONLY BECAUSE IT PROVIDES ME EVERY SERVICE I NEED BUT ALSO BECAUSE THE CAMPUS ITSELF IS JUST AMAZING. GREAT PROFESSORS AND GREAT VIBES!!

Joleen

I think that my college, Texas Southmost College, is one of the best community colleges in Texas. They have Really good professors and courses to take and the staff is friendly and there to help me and other students with any questions we may have. Especially the people who work in the student services building. I am a freshman in Texas Southmost College and I am lost most of the time whether it's about where my classes are or what my degree plan is, the advisors are so helpful and always help me when i need help academically.

Jose

Overall this college is good with great amenities and excellent faculty members.

michelle

Overall Texas Southmost College is very good and the professors are very accessible and teach very well. The campus is always hosting things for the students and that really gets everyone involved more to join committees. Us as students really enjoy all the extra activities they host.

Lynette

My opinion on my school is that i enjoy being here. I enjoy coming everyday when I need to. I come to learn and develop new skills and how I can prepare myself for the real world and also prepare myself for my dream job. I come to learn and pass all my classes to graduate.

Amber

Attending here as my first year of college, the campus has a very warm and welcoming environment. Besides the place its self. The individuals found here are as well very welcoming, bright smiles and greetings. There is always something to do here on campus or even off of campus. Texas Southmost College also provides on and off campus activities for those attending, haven't or not attending their campus. The professors here are also great and there is so much help provided/ given to us from student, professors, advisory, financial aid, or even the casual workers here. My over all opinion is that this campus is a great place to attend and there's more to learn about the campus itself.

alexandria

It is a wonderful and helpful school with amazing staff that go above and beyond for there students.

Arely

I always wanted to go to school outside of my hometown, you know one of those big schools like Texas State or A&M. Unfortunately, my FAFSA did not let me afford going so I had to stay and go into my community college, Texas Southmost College. I always doubted the idea that I could feel like an actual adult and learn independence through this school but boy did they hit me like a truck. I will never judge a book by its cover again! Texas Southmost College has been teaching me the important responsibility a student needs to take for future consequences so far i have never felt more at home than ever and I am greatly proud to be called a Scorpion.

Kaylee

My overall opinion of this school is that it's actually an amazing college that everyone should consider going to. It has a beautiful campus and it is not far from home that I love so much. There's many people I know that . go to this school and I hope to meet more. The teachers sound amazing and the classes look tough, but great!

Angeles

My overall opinion of Texas Southmost College is spectacular. I love how the staff is always so involved with the security and need of their students. I think it is really helpful that they make small meeting every week as a part to stay in touch and up to date with all their students’ needs. I think it is great that they have meetings to discuss ideas of how to improve student safety. They always take our opinions in mind which is great. It makes the students feel like they have a voice and that they are matter. It is important for the students to feel like they have a voice because they get to express themselves and share ideas to make their experience amazing here at Texas Southmost College. I believe it is of great importance that they take care of their students. Scheduling safety meetings show the students how much they care and that makes us feel at home. The upswing program was created to make the students feel more comfortable with asking for help. The upswing program allows us to schedule a meeting with a tutor from the comfort of our mobile device. A big percentage of students have full time jobs and a family to take care of therefore they don’t have time to go to the school physically to schedule a session with a tutor. If you do not have time to come in Upswing even has online tutoring. Students have the flexibility provided by Texas Southmost College so they can receive the help they need even if it is from the comfort of their bed. I love this school because they understand that we have jobs and families that we must attend to and the always find a way to work with us.

Bianca

Texas Southmost College is accommodating and frankly quite accessible. It offers awesome courses, I just wish those courses were available more than once a year. As someone who works full time and goes to college part time, I find it highly unfair that some courses are only offered once a year. I am an extremely diligent worker and for a college that claims it wants its students to succeed, it obviously doesn't support that statement.

Ileana

Texas Southmost college is the best college ever. It is a place with excellent education and the teachers are always there for us and they help us in everything we need.The environment of Texas Southmost College is 100 percent friendly and everyone is there to help you.

brandon

my overall opinion of Texas Southmost College is that it offers many opportunities for success. The college offers a vast option of student services and the professors make time to help students with any work they don't understand. The college is good in size and all of the buildings are easy to find and there are help stations that aid students that are lost or have any questions. The college offers degrees and certificates which focus on skills that are currently in demand for an affordable price, and a surplus of extra help can be found which greatly aids students in comprehending the material and succeeding in their courses. The overall environment can be described as being student-friendly and welcoming with plenty of locations where one can study comfortably and feel right at home.

alicia

Texas southmost college it showing me to be more responsible and organize.

alicia

Texas southmost college it showing me to be more responsible and organize.

Hillary

Its such a great school , everyone is so friendly and encourages you to join clubs and participate and be part of something . The teachers are so helpful. they are always attentive and if we need any type of help they are always glad to help. the staff are friendly and helpful as well. I can be myself around anyone without anybody judging me or stareing at me like im some type of wierdo. As a freshman i can really say that everyone there is so friendly and theyre such great people .