Chattanooga, TN
The University of Tennessee-Chattanooga

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend The University of Tennessee-Chattanooga

ivane

irritating and always have to be right. all ways talking about each other.

irritating and always have to be right. all ways talking about each other.

the world is a starnge and interesting place. everyone you meet is different with there own values and view points about life. you can travel , learn new thing and about new culture. make friends you thought you never could. prepair youself for your own life and what you expect from it. college not only educates your brain in book knowledge but also in people skills and adventure. the professors help you understand that if you really apply yourself you can be and do anything.

Jaleesa

My classmates are helpful and determined to succeed.

My classmates are helpful and determined to succeed.

Simple, it helped me understand the importance and power of education and focus. As a child, all i knew to do was make good grades, but i did not understand why. Now, I do. I realize that without education and focus, I'm setting myself up for a long, hard, and unsuccessful future.

Honestly, the worst thing is the weather. I absolutely love this school.

Shavitra

I have discovered that i have a knack for writing and critquing others work. This has been valuable because it validates that my writing ablilities are stronger than i thought. It gives me more assurance in myself.

The food here sucks, there isn't a lot of variety

Someone who needs to have something to do everyday or every weekend

My school has such a diverse population, often not seen within one smaller sized school. We have the more urban, "want to be gangster" crowd; we have hippies and tree huggers; we have the rich snobby kids; we have the smart kids; we have kids that have no idea whats going on. I don;t believe many schools have as a diverse of a campus as UTC.

My college experience has been more life altering in 3 months then the entire 18 years I spent on this planet before hand. I have always been a planner, I knew exactly what I wanted to do and had a timeline for which I was going to have it done by. Since I've arrived at college I've learned that I need to stop doing that; my intended career has been changed since in 2015 there will be no Masters in Nursing programs, I learned college tours are advirtisements not reality, sororities and fraterenities aren't about family they're about making ties and knowing people. I've learned that whatever your expecting in college, just wait because it's going to rock your world. I have also learned that everyone was right, college is what you make of it, just as life is. Getting involved has made my time spent here enjoyable, even if its only Monday-Friday. I have learned to take everything how it is and stop expecting so much, just enjoy whats put in front of me and make the best of this college experience.

I was very excited about coming to UT at Chattanooga because it seemed like the perfect balance between the large college expereince and small college academic focus. Once I arriced I rushed and am currently in a sorority but am still disappointed in how my expereince turned out. Unles you are a heavy drinker weekends here are boring and the campus empties out. I wish someone would of been honest with me and told me that UTC is essentially a suitcase school, but on the upside I love my classes and proffesors.

Jasmine

Our school is best known for the beautiful campus and also they amazing apartments we have! Most student, in fact come to UTC to be able to have their own apartment!

My college experience has been GREAT so far! I have learned that there is indeed a huge difference between high school and college! College has taught me to work hard and to not be afraid to make new friends because that is a part of your key to a successful college career! College has also taught me discipline and responsiblilty and also just how to manage my time wisely!

Someone who doesn't want to learn! Faculty and Staff are concerned with the students education and will check up on you if you are not attending class reguarly!

David

It is the most economical graduate school I was accepted to.

I have learned that education is invaluable. It is extremely costly but worth evey cent because it is an investment in yourself and your own future. It is very hard to get to the top without a high level degree and a great deal of hard work. In today's society it is even more difficult to raise a family and build a retirement. Your earning potential is much greater and your job security and quality of life is higher. I have found it to be character building as well. It is not easy to overcome the hurdles and obstacles of attending school but I have also had to do it while working a job 120 miles away. I believe the more education I obtain the more I can help those around me and that is my greatest motivating factor.

In the fall of 2009 I attended The University of Tennessee at Chattanooga. Out of my college experience so far, I have learned to never procrastinate and to always strive for the grade you want not the grade you think you deserve. It can be very easy to slip and its very hard to pick your self back up if you dont have the patience and determination to do so. It has been very beneficial for me to attend UTC, because I'm able to focus primarily on my studies and not fall off track. The things that has been the most helpful are the student support services and tutoring that they offer on campus and the library having everything you could possibly need to fufill the needs of those English teachers. Attending this University, was the wisest choice I have ever made and I hope I'm able to educate my self to the fullest in order to achieve all of my dreams and not only to make my family proud but also to be an inspiration to other African American females that look up to me as a big sister. Thanks for listening.

I knew everything, that I wanted to know when I came to this school and found everything fun and exciting.

A person that is looking for a party school.

Brooke

I am 40 years old and began taking on-line college courses starting in October 2009. After I graduated from high school I married young and had two children; unable to attend college. Deciding to enroll in the University of Phoenix later in life to obtain my AA degree is for personal growth and has been something I’ve regretted not doing after high school. I was excited and nervous to embark on this journey; I have been able to manage my work responsibilities, home life and other daily hurdles while pursuing this goal. As stated, I have been in the work force for over 20 years; since graduating high school. I have done fairly well for myself considering I never obtained a college degree in my field. I attended many seminars over the years which greatly improved my knowledge of specific subjects. Now I am looking to improve myself even further by attending college and striving to obtain my Associates Degree (and hopefully beyond). I chose to obtain my degree in Psychology as it relates to many aspects of what the Employee Relations & Recruiting part of my job (HR Management) entails. College has been such a motivating experience.

Fun to learn with and engaging.

Fun to learn with and engaging.

While attending UTC I have grown as a person both in my education and in the extra curricular activities that I do. I go to class and work hard, and after that I am a member of various non-profit groups that work on things like Invisible Children and sex trafficking. The university has given me the ability to join in with these things and meet people with similar interests. More than anything I will appreciate the people I have come to know here, they are a diverse and intelligent group of people that drive me to do my best, and I do the same for them.

Sometimes the classes do not have enough space in them so you have to wait a while before taking it.

Marlana

The most important experience I have gotten out of my college is learning how to interact with an array of different people including my own professors. From quarter to quarter I met so many different kinds of people and quickly learned how to interact with them but was also challenged on quickly learning who they were especially if I had to work in a group with them. The reason it has been valuable to attend was because the first year I went there I had no idea what I was really doing, being a freshman and all, but the professors were understanding, and so were the advisors. They worked with me from quarter to quarter and I eventually was able to get the hang of it. Sometimes I still struggle but help is always available no matter where I am trying to find it.

The University of Tennessee-Chattanooga administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.