Chattanooga, TN
The University of Tennessee-Chattanooga

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend The University of Tennessee-Chattanooga

Denise

As a senior you may think it?s all over and done with. What happens now? Do I continue to go to school? This is a critical time in your life. These are all questions that I asked myself and still ask myself today. I can?t quite tell you how college is right now but I can tell you it won?t be easy. You?ll get beat down time and time again. You struggle to get the time, strength, and money to make it happen. Writing essays after essays with a baby on your lap craving for your attention. And you?re thinking to your self, is it possible? Can it be done? I have come to let you know that your stubbornness will work against and for you in so many ways. You are a strong and independent person. With great dedication and determination you will be able to conquer any hard time situation. Your kids will be your motivation. So don?t give up. It can be done.

Victoria

My road to college was not easy! I hit some bumps, and lost control of the wheel along the way. If I had the opportunity to talk to go back through time as "me" now, a freshman in college, and speak with me at the age of fifteen, a freshman in highschool , I would say to myself wake up and get busy! Knowing how I am I would probably argue with myself as I did with those who tried to tell me to stop dragging my feet ! Then I did not realize how expensive college was as i do now. None-the-less I made it on my own, I simply wish I would have started sooner. I am happy with my choice in schools, but I am displeased with the way i had to get here. Loans are no fun ! If I would have started sooner I probably would have had more scholarships. Not realizong how important my G.P.A. was I slacked off then and I am paying for it now! If I had the opportunity to I would tell myself to work hard and play later!

I think the worste thing about this campus is the lack of eating choices on campus!! This school provides alot of opportunities for furthering an education, and career oriented therefor, this is the only hting I can come up with!

If you have lack of motivation, or endurance this is not a school for you! I dont think someone who is not serious about their education, and who does not attend to strive to reach their goal should atten this university.

Chantel

University of Tennessee of Chattanooga is a driven, academic, and increasingly school-spirited campus with a diverse populati...

University of Tennessee of Chattanooga is a driven, academic, and increasingly school-spirited campus with a diverse population.

I would definitely tell my past self to consider all my options for the future instead of only being set on a few choices. I was set on a great school in another state and when I could not attend because of financial reasons, I felt like I settled for a state school. I had reservations about being here but I am very glad I chose UTC and do not regret that decision. I realized in my second semester that I made a great choice and that my choice created the perfect balance in my life. I also would advise myself to be more active in high school. I instantly became involed when I got to UTC and I regret not being more involved in clubs or staying with some in high school. I would advise the past Chantel to take more chances and be more open with others so that I can be more social in college in every aspects. It's never to late to do something different and I would strongly advise my past self to take heed to those words.

The only flaw with UTC is that it doesn't offer a lot of activites on-campus on the weekends. Especially for those who aren't as overly social or whose friends leave for the weekend, it's tough to just stay in sometimes with nothing to do on campus on a Friday or Saturday.

Vanessa

UTC is metropolitan university located in a small southern city, this university is for students that desire a small student population and class size; however, there is little access to resources.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, knowing what I now know about college life and making the transition, the advice I would give to myself is to overcome my fears, be more confidant in my capabilities and potential, and pursue more opportunities or create volunteer opportunities in my areas of interest. Now, I understand the importance of taking chances and trying new things. For example, I was extremely fearful of a high school AP English course. I was concerned about meeting the course?s requirements, teacher?s expectations, and possibly lowering my grade point average. If I could go back in time, I would enroll in that course and take as much from it as possible. My grammar and composition could?ve been challenged and matured in high school, rather than my second year of undergraduate. I would?ve also volunteered more. There are several benefits of volunteering, such as networking, mentorship, applied experience, and insight into a particular field. If I had volunteer experience or information prior to undergrad, I would?ve been positioned for better internships and employment.

I wish I had know that there was not much to do in the city of Chattanooga.

Brittney

What advice I would give myself is study hard. I would tell myself it's okay to go out with friends, but don't forget why you here in college in the first place, for your education. I would say be careful in college, make your choices wisely, choose your friends wisely, cause remeber everybody is not your friends!! If you need any help go to tutor or meet with your tecachers one -on-one, that way they will know you are trying hard! Also, make a study schedule , for everyday, maybe even use a planner, and sit down and plan out how manys hours of days will you study. Study hard and ask questions!!! Be careful , don't leave off with strangers, stay with friends at all times, especially if your in another city that your not familiar with. Never walk by yourself alone! Find a place you can study, if your roomate or roomates are too distracting, I suggest the library! Remeber that you can have fun, but education is always first, remeber that you came for an education. Don't make any bad deisions cause you see the others students are, you just be yourself! Good luck!

What I consider the best thing about my school is the education. The education at my school is excellence in teaching, research, service, and their dedication to the students. In fulfilling their mission, they are commited to our core vaules, like preparing us for the future, education and engagement,and postive institutional environment. They provide Student Help Centers, for the students in case some students are having trouble in any courses. In addition to, they provide tutoring, advising ,and counseling to help students. My school is a great school, the faculty cares about the students!

What kind of person should attend this school? I think anybody should attend this school, this school is great! The faculty helps prepare all studnts for the next step in life. At this school, you can meet with your Instructors one-on-one, tutuoring, anybody who wants to get to know their professors, they should attend this school. This school accepts all kinds of ethics here, it doesn't matter, as long as you want the education you will get the education that you need! What kind of person should atten this school? I think anybody that wants an education!!!

Aaron

If I could go back in time, one year, to when I was a senior in high school, I would mention the freedom that college offers. The ability to live on your own, to do what you want when you want, and learn in the meantime is a wondrous experience. I would mention the fun times to be had in and out of class. But overall I would voice how college is not a joke. I would prepare myself for extended study groups at all times of the night. I would say how difficult post-calculus math can get, and maybe try and teach my past counterpart some mathematical tricks that I know now, just to make things easier. This is what I would tell myself about college if I could go back in time.

Marquis

Don't worry about college! It is totally doable. It will be challenging at times, but it is nothing you can't handle. Definitely get involved in campus ministries- IT WILL CHANGE YOUR LIFE.

Freshmen classes are much like those I took in high school as far as difficulty goes.

This school always accepts more incoming freshmen than they can physically accomodate. This puts a lot of stress on all students. Students have left this school because of the shortage of housing and parking is ridiculous.

Langly

my classmates are very friendly, caring, dedicated, and helpful.

my classmates are very friendly, caring, dedicated, and helpful.

study study study. you have your whole life to party and have fun but for the next four years you need to settle down and hit the books. studying equals good grades which equals good job. good job equals good money and happiness. you don't want to get stuck with a terrible job where you're unhappy. bad grades equals loss of scholarships which means to no more school for you.

Lucy

Eager to learn, and engage themselves in their chosen fields, also very relaxed and open.

I would tell myself to save as much money as possible and to work hard because if you don't, you WILL lose your scholarship so fast. Make smart choices, watch out for unnecessary expensives, and pick a school you will enjoy and later classes. I would also make sure to always remind myself that I can do whatever I put my mind to and work hard for.

Bobby

In my first semester of college I took two hard classes and I struggled in both of them. So, if I could go back I would tell myself to take "easier" classes in the first semester just so I could get a feel for everything that college brings. I am currently in my second semester and I feel much more comfortable with my situation. But because of my struggle in the first semester, I feel like I am already behind. By taking easier courses I would have been able to transition a little more smoothly. I am currently retaking those hard classes and am doing much better because I feel much more comfortable where I am.

Honestly, nothing at UTC has frustrated me thus far. I love everything about UTC and the surrounding area. The faculty is always willing to help and the courses are challenging but that is how it should be. Any problems at UTC, you could find on any other college campus. These are just things you expect when you go to any college.

The University of Tennessee-Chattanooga administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.