Chattanooga, TN
The University of Tennessee-Chattanooga

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend The University of Tennessee-Chattanooga

Marquis

Don't worry about college! It is totally doable. It will be challenging at times, but it is nothing you can't handle. Definitely get involved in campus ministries- IT WILL CHANGE YOUR LIFE.

Freshmen classes are much like those I took in high school as far as difficulty goes.

This school always accepts more incoming freshmen than they can physically accomodate. This puts a lot of stress on all students. Students have left this school because of the shortage of housing and parking is ridiculous.

Langly

my classmates are very friendly, caring, dedicated, and helpful.

my classmates are very friendly, caring, dedicated, and helpful.

study study study. you have your whole life to party and have fun but for the next four years you need to settle down and hit the books. studying equals good grades which equals good job. good job equals good money and happiness. you don't want to get stuck with a terrible job where you're unhappy. bad grades equals loss of scholarships which means to no more school for you.

Lucy

Eager to learn, and engage themselves in their chosen fields, also very relaxed and open.

I would tell myself to save as much money as possible and to work hard because if you don't, you WILL lose your scholarship so fast. Make smart choices, watch out for unnecessary expensives, and pick a school you will enjoy and later classes. I would also make sure to always remind myself that I can do whatever I put my mind to and work hard for.

Bobby

In my first semester of college I took two hard classes and I struggled in both of them. So, if I could go back I would tell myself to take "easier" classes in the first semester just so I could get a feel for everything that college brings. I am currently in my second semester and I feel much more comfortable with my situation. But because of my struggle in the first semester, I feel like I am already behind. By taking easier courses I would have been able to transition a little more smoothly. I am currently retaking those hard classes and am doing much better because I feel much more comfortable where I am.

Honestly, nothing at UTC has frustrated me thus far. I love everything about UTC and the surrounding area. The faculty is always willing to help and the courses are challenging but that is how it should be. Any problems at UTC, you could find on any other college campus. These are just things you expect when you go to any college.

Dear myself, Make the best of your years that are coming soon for they are going to be the best of your life. And stop taking life so seriously because no one else does (other than your professors, of course). Study hard, enjoy learning and don't spend a Friday night catching up on work you should have been doing 2 weeks ago, instead go out and meet new people! Your potential is great and expectations of you are bigger than ever so whatever you do, don't disappoint yourself because only you know what you're made of. Be someone that you want to be not who you think you should be or who others think you should be. Relax, because you'll fall but I'm almost sure some one else has tripped there before....Have fun, YOU'RE IN COLLEGE! Love, Your future self P.S. - Get back to studying! You're not in college yet...

There are plenty of things about the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga to brag about. Take for instance the size of the school. UTC has between 8 and 10,000 students meaning plenty of one-on-one time with professors, small enough campus to get around without breaking a sweat and just enough people to get to know. Considering the cost, which is a huge factor when deciding colleges, is easy. Tuition is low as far as 4-year Universities go and most activities around campus are free!

I wish I would have known how to be more outgoing in order to meet new people straight out of high school. However, 2 weeks into college I had gotten the hang of it. Secondly, I wish I had known how to study because there is a large amount of study time needed for every class in college. And thirdly, I wish I had known how to handle (time-wise and emotionally) everything all together. Handling a long distance relationship, a part time job, full time school hours and studying gets stressful-but that's what friends are for.

William

The University of Tennessee at Chattanooga, although a small campus, offers amazing advantages to students both academically and off campus.

Chattanooga as a city is beautiful and always has things going on. It is also located in the center of Nashville, Knoxville, and Atlanta making any out of town concert or road trip a few mere hours. I chose a school that I felt like I would not be lost in the shuffle of an immense student body as well as having classes in which the teacher can actually help me on a personal basis.

The main difference between high school and college is time management. In high school, over half of my waking hours was school. With only a few hours a day of class in college, I have been faced with long hours of nothing to do. It is important to use one's time wisely, getting everything I needed to do out of the way first, then have time to relax and hang out with friends. Another thing I would highly recommend that goes hand in hand with time management is a personal planner. They are invaluable during a class in which I would need to quickly write a homework assignment or important reminder. Another thing I would highly recommend is to find something not relating to school work, for instance a sports team or club. More importantly than that, however, is finding something outside of school completely. Several nights, my friends and I would ride bikes all over the empty city streets, over the river, to the park, we could go anywhere. We felt free from the daily routine of school and work. It truely made that first semester more bearable.

A collection of unique individuals who are determined and focused in the classroom, but are pepped and energetic about life outside the classroom.

What really sold me on UTC was their incredible Honors Program. It doesn't focus so much on how intellectual an invidivual is but how much determination they have to enrich their lives. The program offers great opportunites to travel abroad or internships in areas within your major around the city of Chattanooga. The classes they require their students to take are stimulating, enriching, and, although require more work, are some of the most rewarding classes. Plus, they have a great staff and student community that really take freshmen under their wing, and truly care about their success

The one piece of advice I would give myself would be to take initiative about everything. Every college student realizes they're on their own, but none of us every realize that the only person out their to motivate us now are ourselves. No more pesky parents or overmotivational high school teachers. College professors are content with the grade that you are content with and don't ask for more. Every college student needs to take initiative. Nothing falls in to your lap anymore. If you have questions, no one is going to ask them for you. You have to look out more for yourself, because no one is going to tell you how to live your life anymore. Pursue anything that sounds interesting, because they won't come to you. Plus, the more determined you are, the further you will go. Take, take, take initiative.

Nathan

I would go back and tell myself that life is ever changing and there is always a new outlook on the things that you are doing. I would probably tell myself not to take a few teachers. I would also tell myself to follow my heart and go on and be an art major instead of waisting some time doing majors thinking that they will be more of a support for the family that I want later on in life. Lastly I would tell myself that life is full of wonderful surprises and that there is always a new day coming.

Someone who likes to be outgoing and is going to work hard on the things that they are assigned.

Tiffany

My classmates are very smart and take their schoolwork very seriuosly.

My classmates are very smart and take their schoolwork very seriuosly.

My school is way more organized than the other school i was considering.

If i could go back and give myself advice as a highschool senior I would have plenty to say. I would tell myself to take my schoolwork more seriously. I would also tell myself not to procrastinate when wiriting essays because you will not get the grade you are looking for doing a paper at the last minute. I would advise myself to be confident and outgoing. I would tell myself to take my time and look over my work. Lastly, I would tell myself to have fun.

Mary

Do not save your easiest classes until your senior year of high school. You will get lazy and forget how to study properly. Make sure you take an advanced math course so that you remember all that you need to take a college entrance exam. Also, do not choose a college based on what your friends decide. Do what is best for you, and only you. Also, if you have to have a job, make sure you find one that will accomidate your school schedule as it changes.

The campus is good for students that like the city but can get to the country in a short amount of time. Chattanooga is surrounded by a ton of outdoor activities.

The University of Tennessee-Chattanooga administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.