Chattanooga, TN
The University of Tennessee-Chattanooga

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend The University of Tennessee-Chattanooga

The campus is beautiful

The campus is beautiful

Alyssa

Dear high school self, Please try not to stress out so much about college. High school prepared you well, so you will do fine. Also, do not forget to stop and make friends. Life is not enjoyable with out others to share it with. You will miss your parents in college, now matter how much you hate living with them now. Make sure to call them every once and awhile to check up on how things are going. Finally, don't forget to live life to the fullest and make every moment count of your college career. Love, your college self.

The best thing about the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga is the variety of clubs and organizations to join. They are a great way to make friends and connect with others that share similar interests with you.

The kind of person who should attend this school is somone who wants the feel of a small school, with the variety of a large school. You get the advantages of a small school such as a more personal connection with peers and professors, while also getting the advantages of a large school such as a large variety of majors, classes, clubs, and also diversity.

Lanise

As a non-traditional student, I would go back and tell myself, to attend college as soon as you finish high school. Do not take any breaks. Finish while you are young and free from bills, etc. Attending in your 30s is very hard. You feel out of place and you don't fit in. Universities are setup for young adults, not a nontraditional, which is why attending college after high school graduation should be a top priority. There is nothing more important. Make good grades because it affects your financial aid, your gpa and it slows down your chances of graduating in time. Your grades depend on your work ethic. Do well. Take any opportunity you can in college because it prepares you for a bright future. Network and get involved in campus activities that interest you. Learn something new. Don't complain, the hassle for the tassle is worth it. Whatever you do, do not give up. You can do it.

I would have to say the lack of classes and resources for the Communication Department. It is so very underfunded and it hurts us, the students because we are not able to learn to the fullest potential when there are so many classes that we need but aren't getting.

I would have to say the professors. Some of them talk to the students as if they are kids instead of being being respectful. Also, many are teaching classes in undergrad yet the content is geared for grad level. That is not fair to undergrad student.

Ranisha

Well the main thing I saw that I liked compared to every other school I applied for, was the fact that it was within walking distance of downtown. No other school I wanted to go to was in close proximity, and without my car this semester being closer to downtown made it easier for me to go off campus.

The first thing I would tell myself about transiting to college would be, "don't schedule early morning classes because you won't want to go". Which is completely true, I don't like to get up at six o'clock in the morning to go to a seven am or eight am class. Not many people want to, and I wouldn't go to class. The second thng I would tell myself, when you finally get to college. Don't play around, get your work done, make sure your grades are up, and then worry about getting a job. With good grades comes money, but without good grades you won't have any money. So focus on school before anything else.

The most frustrating thing about the campus was the fact that I couldn't find any of my classes the first week I came to Chattanooga. The campus is huge, and I couldn't find my way around, I was late to almost every class. It was highly annoying and frustrating.

Aubrian

UTC is best known for its location to downtown Chattanooga. As we like to call it, the Gig CIty, Chattanooga has the fastest intenrt in the nation and with a school that's so involved, this creates opportunities and unity for the university and its downtown local businesses. Being a University surrounded by retail stores, its highly beneficial to our students. Also, having the opportunity to actually walk to you internship downtown, after class, helps in so many positive ways and with one of our initiatives being enviromental friendly, it helps that as well.

If I could go back to my high school self, I would notify self that in order to succeed in life, you must be present in the moment. I once read a quote that said, "90% of life is showing up." Metaphoricallym, I would relay this message to my younger self by inofmring him to take more advantages of his opportunities and reach out for scholarships. However, my present-day self is at a better place because I was able to find this scholarship application through Scholly, an app that was successfully pitched and invested for on Shark Tank. Back to my younger self though, I want him to know that it's okay to not worry so much because your future and destiny has a way of working itself out. Having ben heavily involved in the classroom my senior year of high school, I would have loved to have been more involved in organizations and making a difference in at least one persons life. To this day, I think the greatest gift is making a positive impact on someones life and I would have loved to have started that at a younger age.

What I would consider worst about my school is the disconnection of faculty and administration with present-time progression. One main example being the thought of having more online-based classes which recieved negative responses from professors and people in higher up positions. However, as a student, I am thankful for the interation that occurs inside the classroom but with more online classes, this could be a benefit and convenience to commuter students and also those that work or intern a lot.

Victoria

I love going to UTC, the dorms are nice, the people are friendly, there's always something going on. Everyone is super helpful and nice and the RA's here are some of the best people I've ever met.

I don't think there are any stereotypes that fit our particular school. We are all MOCS if that's a stereotype!

The fraternities and sororities are some of the most popular student groups. Besides them, the atheletes (basketball, football, rugby, softball, etc) and the Chattanooga Singers, Marching Mocs Band members, Cheerleaders, and dance teams are pretty popular groups.

Nathan

I love everything about UTC!

I love everything about UTC!

I love homecoming, and all of the unique chants we have. Chattanooga is a very unique city, and I love how we incorporate our city's history into our school events.

The stereotype is that we are laid back and accepting of others, which I believe is true.

Student Government and Club Sports.

They are driven, hard working students.

They are great. Challenging, but professors are always there to help.

Erica

UTC is an essential institution to attend for anyone interested in evolving into their best possible "self."

If I could go back in time and give my highschool senior self any advice about college, it would be only a few things. "First, enroll in smaller classes. The college of business and other math and science classes are huge and I don't want you to become a "face in the crowd." You are an exceptional young woman with a lot to offer this world and attending smaller classes to nurture your intellect is best for you. You will be able to speak with your instructors with no problem and class assignments will not get lost as easily as it would in a big pile. Also, if you are thinking about gettting your MBA, you should start studying for you GMAT or GRE exams around your junior year of college. UTC does not prepare its undergrad students for those exams. The classes offered are expensive and offered by other organizations. Third, continue utilizing those great study habits you have. You are hitting the ground running by leaving your highschool as Valedictorian, do not lose that momentum. Most importantly, stay focused with your studies, never abandon your dreams, and continue to take care of your family."

The worst thing about my school were the extremely large math and science classes that they offer, because class instruction becomes a struggle and lots of necessary knowledge can easily be lost in such a vast atmosphere.

Helen

This is the best that your world has to offer, embrace it. Don't be so afraid of the culture, take the difficult classes and ask more questions. This is your gift to you, education is very important and no one can do it for you. Your mom and dad may not understand but you do. Rmemeber that you are paying for this and like other things you devote your money to, you are allowed to question what you are taught and if you feel it is not what it should be then do your reserach and prove your point. This is what you make of it and not what it makes of you.

The worst thing about UTC is its location in downtown Chattanooga. The school has city traffic on its streeets and around the dorm areas. I believe this makes for a more dangerous situation in the saftey of the students.

UTC is a very diversified school students can explore many avenues of education and many avenues of social development. The Chattanooga area is top in clean practices and upholds the green ecology.

Athene

Dear High School Self, First and foremost, don’t be afraid. You may not know it yet, but you will enjoy college life way more than your high school years. From the very first day that you step onto that college campus you will see the difference. You will excel since that first day. You will be able to see how much better it is to be treated as a grown-up who is allowed to make decisions. People will not bully you. Instead they will be friendly and understanding. The professors will also be there to help you as well. Along with that, they will be able to open a new world of wisdom and knowledge that no high school teacher ever showed you. So be brave in high school, because after those last few moments and past your graduation, you will see how life can only keep getting better. Sincerely, Your Future Self.

This a great campus for someone who is dedicated in their work and major. Also, one needs to be somewhat fit to be able to get from class to class as the campus is very big. I think that people who love the outdoors and like to enjoy all seasons outside would feel at home in this school.

I tell everyone it's a great campus. Whatever the season it's always enjoyable to take a walk. Even between classes, taking a walk is great because there are lots of people around and there is a beautiful scenery. I also have to brag about the art department. It may be overlooked sometimes, but it is by far the best place I could imagine to study art for such an affordable price.

The University of Tennessee-Chattanooga administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.