Chattanooga, TN
The University of Tennessee-Chattanooga

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend The University of Tennessee-Chattanooga

Aubrian

UTC is best known for its location to downtown Chattanooga. As we like to call it, the Gig CIty, Chattanooga has the fastest intenrt in the nation and with a school that's so involved, this creates opportunities and unity for the university and its downtown local businesses. Being a University surrounded by retail stores, its highly beneficial to our students. Also, having the opportunity to actually walk to you internship downtown, after class, helps in so many positive ways and with one of our initiatives being enviromental friendly, it helps that as well.

If I could go back to my high school self, I would notify self that in order to succeed in life, you must be present in the moment. I once read a quote that said, "90% of life is showing up." Metaphoricallym, I would relay this message to my younger self by inofmring him to take more advantages of his opportunities and reach out for scholarships. However, my present-day self is at a better place because I was able to find this scholarship application through Scholly, an app that was successfully pitched and invested for on Shark Tank. Back to my younger self though, I want him to know that it's okay to not worry so much because your future and destiny has a way of working itself out. Having ben heavily involved in the classroom my senior year of high school, I would have loved to have been more involved in organizations and making a difference in at least one persons life. To this day, I think the greatest gift is making a positive impact on someones life and I would have loved to have started that at a younger age.

What I would consider worst about my school is the disconnection of faculty and administration with present-time progression. One main example being the thought of having more online-based classes which recieved negative responses from professors and people in higher up positions. However, as a student, I am thankful for the interation that occurs inside the classroom but with more online classes, this could be a benefit and convenience to commuter students and also those that work or intern a lot.

Victoria

I love going to UTC, the dorms are nice, the people are friendly, there's always something going on. Everyone is super helpful and nice and the RA's here are some of the best people I've ever met.

I don't think there are any stereotypes that fit our particular school. We are all MOCS if that's a stereotype!

The fraternities and sororities are some of the most popular student groups. Besides them, the atheletes (basketball, football, rugby, softball, etc) and the Chattanooga Singers, Marching Mocs Band members, Cheerleaders, and dance teams are pretty popular groups.

Nathan

I love everything about UTC!

I love everything about UTC!

I love homecoming, and all of the unique chants we have. Chattanooga is a very unique city, and I love how we incorporate our city's history into our school events.

The stereotype is that we are laid back and accepting of others, which I believe is true.

Student Government and Club Sports.

They are driven, hard working students.

They are great. Challenging, but professors are always there to help.

Erica

UTC is an essential institution to attend for anyone interested in evolving into their best possible "self."

If I could go back in time and give my highschool senior self any advice about college, it would be only a few things. "First, enroll in smaller classes. The college of business and other math and science classes are huge and I don't want you to become a "face in the crowd." You are an exceptional young woman with a lot to offer this world and attending smaller classes to nurture your intellect is best for you. You will be able to speak with your instructors with no problem and class assignments will not get lost as easily as it would in a big pile. Also, if you are thinking about gettting your MBA, you should start studying for you GMAT or GRE exams around your junior year of college. UTC does not prepare its undergrad students for those exams. The classes offered are expensive and offered by other organizations. Third, continue utilizing those great study habits you have. You are hitting the ground running by leaving your highschool as Valedictorian, do not lose that momentum. Most importantly, stay focused with your studies, never abandon your dreams, and continue to take care of your family."

The worst thing about my school were the extremely large math and science classes that they offer, because class instruction becomes a struggle and lots of necessary knowledge can easily be lost in such a vast atmosphere.

Helen

This is the best that your world has to offer, embrace it. Don't be so afraid of the culture, take the difficult classes and ask more questions. This is your gift to you, education is very important and no one can do it for you. Your mom and dad may not understand but you do. Rmemeber that you are paying for this and like other things you devote your money to, you are allowed to question what you are taught and if you feel it is not what it should be then do your reserach and prove your point. This is what you make of it and not what it makes of you.

The worst thing about UTC is its location in downtown Chattanooga. The school has city traffic on its streeets and around the dorm areas. I believe this makes for a more dangerous situation in the saftey of the students.

UTC is a very diversified school students can explore many avenues of education and many avenues of social development. The Chattanooga area is top in clean practices and upholds the green ecology.

Athene

Dear High School Self, First and foremost, don’t be afraid. You may not know it yet, but you will enjoy college life way more than your high school years. From the very first day that you step onto that college campus you will see the difference. You will excel since that first day. You will be able to see how much better it is to be treated as a grown-up who is allowed to make decisions. People will not bully you. Instead they will be friendly and understanding. The professors will also be there to help you as well. Along with that, they will be able to open a new world of wisdom and knowledge that no high school teacher ever showed you. So be brave in high school, because after those last few moments and past your graduation, you will see how life can only keep getting better. Sincerely, Your Future Self.

This a great campus for someone who is dedicated in their work and major. Also, one needs to be somewhat fit to be able to get from class to class as the campus is very big. I think that people who love the outdoors and like to enjoy all seasons outside would feel at home in this school.

I tell everyone it's a great campus. Whatever the season it's always enjoyable to take a walk. Even between classes, taking a walk is great because there are lots of people around and there is a beautiful scenery. I also have to brag about the art department. It may be overlooked sometimes, but it is by far the best place I could imagine to study art for such an affordable price.

Cody

I would tell myself to apply for as many scholarships as possible, you're going to need the money. Then I would tell myself to avoid eating out more than once a week and to save as much money as possible. Then I would probably go on a bit of a rant towards my younger self, saying things like, "If you can rent a textbook instead of buying it, do it. Go greek, it's awesome. Don't let yourself procrastinate over school work. Study first, then party if you want to. Don't get those two mixed up. Use the library, it will help you more than you may think. Don't live too far away from campus, you're going to hate that drive everyday and sometimes twice a day. Don't let the gas gauge get anywhere near empty because it's really hard to find someone with a gas can two hours from home. Don't drink and drive, it never has and never will be worth it. Don't get embarrased over anything, just be yourself. And most importantly, have fun with everything you do because you only get to experience college once."

The worst thing about UTC is the parking. There isn't nearly enough parking spaces for students on campus, unless you're willing to fork out $250 for a reserved parking pass, and even that spot isn't guaranteed. Luckily I live close enough to campus to where I can walk to campus, but the majority of students do have to put up with this issue.

Jordan

There are two main things I would give myself advise on if I could talk to my highschool self. The first thing would be to take dual enrollment courses before I graduate. I opted out of taking them and didn't realize how beneficial they would have been. If I would have taken them I could have seen what a college course was like and be more prepared. It would have also given me more credit hours. Since the time you get to register for classes depends on your credit hours this would have helped me not to miss out on some of the classes I wanted that were filled before I could sign up. I had to take some classes during a later semester which put me behind on my graduation plan. Another piece of advise I would give myself is to make a study plan and stick to it. I would often push off studying to hang out with friends, and then later I would end up without time to study. My grades could have been much better if I would have stayed focused and committed.

The teachers here are really great. They are always willing to help you. They make themselves available to their students in many ways so that the students are always able to reach them if they have any questions or need anything. A lot of my teachers have found students internships and have even offered to be listed as a reference for job applications. They all seem to really care about their students.

I wish I would have gotten a campus tour and learned more about the school and its campus. I still do not know much about it except for the parts I am involved in. It would have helped me so I would have known good study spots and places to get food and hang out during breaks. I would have been more knowledgeable about the resources that are provided to me.

Molly

Always read ahead for your classes in order to stay on top of things. Even though college may seem more lax than highschool, especially freshman year, keep in mind that the grades you make in college determine either your graduate school or career. You're building your life with your grades for four years, so make sure to keep them up. Also, get involved in the school and community in order to begin making a name for yourself. That way, when you're out in the "real world," you have plenty of references and experience to make yourself a viable choice for an open job position. Even with all these committments and stressors, still make time for fun and relaxation as well. If one thing is bound to drive you crazy in college, it's over-loading yourself with time committments and not having the time to unwind now and then.

Anyone who hates hills and mountains.

katelyn

As a senior i was obsorbed in the here and now. I was more concired about my dance team than what school i wanted to go to, or more focused on my chior performances than i was on what major i wanted to go into. Although my grades were always important to me and i always kept a high gpa i never took classes that would push me and perpare me for college. After my first semester without any finacail aid and little perporation, i had a rude awakening to what i know had to do to catch up. If i could go back and give myself advice i would make sure that i realize then the importance of perparing for college finacailly and metally. Another thing i wold want to tell myself is to make sure i make choices that are important to me. If i go to college becuse my parents want me to i am less likely to be successful than if i make the choice myslef. The last thing i would tell myslef is to not be a follower, you are your own person so do something for yourself.

The University of Tennessee-Chattanooga administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.