United States Naval Academy

« See more reviews of United States Naval Academy

The most frustrating thing about the Naval Acedemy is that as a freshman, or plebe, you are at the very bottom of the totem pole. There isn't much freedom for a freshman. There is so many things piled on you on top of the large course load that you get here at this insitution anyways. Finding time for yourself is a difficult thing do, but in the end, everything will be well worth the pain and frustration.

I think that the most frustrating thing about my school is it's hours of operation and the number of manditory events students must attend. I also don't like how the school is based on a ranking system. This makes some students feel they have to be the best, therefore turn in people for doing harmless things, just to make themselves look better.

The daily schedule was heavily regulated by the administration, wasting a good deal of time with waiting inbetween events. This prevented students from realizing ideal efficiency to their day's achievements; however, in retrospect, this circumstance held true to the mind-numbing schedules we face now employed.

The most frustrating thing about my school is having very little opportunity to leave the campus. The Academy is focused on training every student for service in the military and the rules are far more strict than most other colleges.

How little control you ahve over the big picture. You have to learn to control yourself as best you can and go with the flow. Adapt.

There are only flat grades. + or - designations are not given, so earning an 89.8% in a class leads to a flat B instead of a B+.

Along with the Military life comes Military obligations that you would not necessairily run into at a civillian college.

Female to Male ratio- there are approx 80% male and 20% female. The little amount of free time we get.

How much it cost to attend and the fact that tuition and fees are rising.

The lack of personal time and the constraints on our social skills.