Fort Smith, AR
University of Arkansas-Fort Smith

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Arkansas-Fort Smith

Robyn

UAFS has the most beautiful I've ever see. The dorm rooms are brand new, as are many other facilities on the campus. I couldn't imagine attending any other college. They are constantly adding to our amenities. We also receive free healthcare including prescriptions for average ailments. They are currently building a new fitness center also, which will be free for students.

KATIE

I think UAFS is a very good school. Since I started here in 2010 it has grown greatly.

I don't really see a stereotype of students at UAFS.

I think the most popular student activities/groups would be the sororities and fraternities on campus.

The students at UAFS are kind of just like the students at any other school.

The academics can be challenging at UAFS but if you stay on top of your homework you will do fine.

Kaara

Don't be afraid to move to new states and new cities no matter how large or small that city is.

I wish I had known that they don't offer very many scholarships to nontraditional students or transfer students; and that the ones they do offer they want you to be a full time student which doesn't work for a nontraditional student who works full time as well.

Marla
Where is the best place to get work done on campus?

The library. Unless your a music major then the breedlove building.

Where is the best place to get work done on campus?

The library. Unless your a music major then the breedlove building.

Tell us about the food and dining options.

There's a lot of food options. It changes everyday.

Tell us about your professors.

My professors are nice.

What are your classes like?

fun and stressful if you don't your homework

Tell us about the sports scene on campus.

Basketball and baseball that about it.

I admit to being a nerd. The college even made a nerd lounge for us nerds. Other than that there are no stereotypes.

Dylan

Students at UAFS are determined and strive for an education beneficial towards their future.

UAFS is best known as the community college in Fort Smith Arkansas.

Dylan, please realize that if you continue on the path you're currently on, you will only make it one year in college. After that you will spend the next five years of your life struggling to stay clean and sober. However you will regret nothing, especially since it's made you who you are today, the person God made you to be. The struggle is real, congratulations on your recovery five years from now. You're going to feel hopeless, and like giving up is the only option. I promise you, when you make it through, everything works out and you find a new confidence in yourself, one previously thought impossible to obtain. Anyways, keep your head up, you'll be making straights A's in college, or close to it anyways. P.S. Keep your eyes peeled for the woman named Casey in your future, she's an amazing person and wife = )

Chris

My classmates were either very lazy and mooched off of the harder-working students, or they were supportive and wanted to succeed.

I would tell myself to work harder as a freshman and set a great foundation for my last three years.

I brag about how nice and accessible the small campus is.

Selena

Something unique about UA-Fort Smith is that it's beginning to expand better in the way that it's not only a well-known college in Fort Smith or Arkansas as a whole but it's beginning to expand to other states in the U.S.

If I had the chance to go back in time to my high school senior self, I would tell myself that no matter how many times I want to give up/slack off during the last year of high school, that I have to do my best and try my hardest to do better. College has taught me that you have to pay more than enough attention in class and that you have got to take your education more than serious now, because when it comes to deadlines and final exams, the professors don't spoon feed you like they do in high shool. To take as many ACTs as possible to be eligible for more scholarships, and to make sure my GPA was between a 3.0-4.0 so that I wouldn't have to struggle with not having enough money to pay off college tuition like I am now. If I had the chance, my high school senior self would do all that I could to try even harder, because in a blink of an eye, everything is over and the real world is now infront of you, in your hands, looking back at you.

I don't think there is a certain "type" of person that should attentd here. I think any person with a thirst for extra knowledge that wants to expand on their education to get a better career in life with better experience in their desired field should attend UA-Fort Smith because it is a very well-known university and a great environment where any person can go passed their potential and a person that is ambitious.

Cassandra

My school is very well known for their engaging faculty.

My school is very well known for their engaging faculty.

Hey, I know this is hard to believe but I am you. I have sent this letter to you for some advice that will help you greatly. First, you need to figure out what you want before you go to college and apply for more scholarships. Scratch that. EVERY SCHOLARSHIP. College costs more than you know and you need to know that before you apply. Also, don't worry about what everyone else thinks. After you graduate you really don't see any of those people anymore. You will be ok. Chin up and strive to achieve every single one of your hopes and dreams. Sincerely, Yourself

The lazy person that doesnt want to work for their degree should not go here. They WILL fail.

Tyler

It's the best possible place to go to get the degre that you want.

It's the best possible place to go to get the degre that you want.

Eager and ready to learn.

If i could go back and talk to my high school self, the only thing i would say to myself would be to be yourself. There's no pont in trying to fit in with people that don't already accept you for who you are. Friends you make throughout our college experience will come and go, but some will stay for a lifetime. Before everything else, study. If you don't study a good amount each night, then you'll have to work harder and work more to get to the place you want to be in life. Work smart not hard. College is very enjoyable if you let if be. The experiences you have here will shape the image of who you want to be and further your drive to get to the place that you want to go.

Nicholas

College is the greatest experience I've had in my education so far. It's a shame to think how much greater it would be if I hadn't been the procrastinatory deadbeat I was in high school. Because of my actions (or lack thereof), I am now without a scholarship of any form or fashion, blindly making ends meet. If I could go back and be the one positive influence I was missing in my college preparation, I would have never let myself hesitate to take the most important steps. For example, taking the ACT. I would make myself take it multiple times instead of for the *first time* on the last eligible day. (What was I thinking?) I would make myself visit potential campuses, something I never did. I would encourage the college experience since I had basically given up on it by senior year--I had no idea how great it would be. I would tell myself how quickly two semesters pass, nowhere NEAR the time a school year seemed to last. I would tell myself not to worry so much about going or not going--a full ride ANYWHERE is a FULL RIDE. If I could...

UAFS has extremely reasonable tuition, a nice environment and a great staff. However, it seems the university population is outgrowing the campus. Certain programs are being deprived of sufficient work spaces, such as the theatre department needing a new auditorium and the arts department being spread across five buildings. That said, the university recently put into motion a 20-year master plan to overhaul the campus for the new age, beginning with the arts (which is great news for a design student like myself).

Anyone would fit in just fine at UAFS. There's such a wide variety of people packed into the less than 8,000 population; you're bound to find others like you. However, if you are looking for the big college campus vibe, UAFS may not be for you. Nearly everything is packed into a city block of land, and while it isn't claustrophobic by any means, it pales in comparison to, say, the University of Arkansas in Fayetteville. With a wide range of degrees, you'll surely find your place!

University of Arkansas-Fort Smith administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.