Fort Smith, AR
University of Arkansas-Fort Smith

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Arkansas-Fort Smith

Erick

Overall the college is pretty good, the teachers are accessible and the people around campus are helpful and nice. It is small school, most people know each other and it is a very nice place for those that don't want to go to big colleges, even though the degree options are very limited.

At first I did not want to attend the university in my home town. But after three semesters at UAFS, I am very happy to be a Lion. I feel that our campus is a very academic-oriented place to get your education, while still allowing students to enjoy the experience with things such as Greek Life or the Campus Activities Board. I have learned important things such as time management, stress management, and leadership skills from the professors and advisers that I have had at this university. Plus, it's affordable!

Hailey

I Love This School!!!! The student body is so friendly and the faculty and staff are always so helpful and encouraging. I can always find a good study group in the library and all of the professors are intelligent and willing to help their students if they're struggling in class. There is a wide variety of student clubs and organizations and everyone is encouraged to enjoy campus life.

Robyn

UAFS has the most beautiful I've ever see. The dorm rooms are brand new, as are many other facilities on the campus. I couldn't imagine attending any other college. They are constantly adding to our amenities. We also receive free healthcare including prescriptions for average ailments. They are currently building a new fitness center also, which will be free for students.

KATIE

I think UAFS is a very good school. Since I started here in 2010 it has grown greatly.

I don't really see a stereotype of students at UAFS.

I think the most popular student activities/groups would be the sororities and fraternities on campus.

The students at UAFS are kind of just like the students at any other school.

The academics can be challenging at UAFS but if you stay on top of your homework you will do fine.

Kaara

Don't be afraid to move to new states and new cities no matter how large or small that city is.

I wish I had known that they don't offer very many scholarships to nontraditional students or transfer students; and that the ones they do offer they want you to be a full time student which doesn't work for a nontraditional student who works full time as well.

Marla
Where is the best place to get work done on campus?

The library. Unless your a music major then the breedlove building.

Where is the best place to get work done on campus?

The library. Unless your a music major then the breedlove building.

Tell us about the food and dining options.

There's a lot of food options. It changes everyday.

Tell us about your professors.

My professors are nice.

What are your classes like?

fun and stressful if you don't your homework

Tell us about the sports scene on campus.

Basketball and baseball that about it.

I admit to being a nerd. The college even made a nerd lounge for us nerds. Other than that there are no stereotypes.

Dylan

Students at UAFS are determined and strive for an education beneficial towards their future.

UAFS is best known as the community college in Fort Smith Arkansas.

Dylan, please realize that if you continue on the path you're currently on, you will only make it one year in college. After that you will spend the next five years of your life struggling to stay clean and sober. However you will regret nothing, especially since it's made you who you are today, the person God made you to be. The struggle is real, congratulations on your recovery five years from now. You're going to feel hopeless, and like giving up is the only option. I promise you, when you make it through, everything works out and you find a new confidence in yourself, one previously thought impossible to obtain. Anyways, keep your head up, you'll be making straights A's in college, or close to it anyways. P.S. Keep your eyes peeled for the woman named Casey in your future, she's an amazing person and wife = )

Chris

My classmates were either very lazy and mooched off of the harder-working students, or they were supportive and wanted to succeed.

I would tell myself to work harder as a freshman and set a great foundation for my last three years.

I brag about how nice and accessible the small campus is.

Selena

Something unique about UA-Fort Smith is that it's beginning to expand better in the way that it's not only a well-known college in Fort Smith or Arkansas as a whole but it's beginning to expand to other states in the U.S.

If I had the chance to go back in time to my high school senior self, I would tell myself that no matter how many times I want to give up/slack off during the last year of high school, that I have to do my best and try my hardest to do better. College has taught me that you have to pay more than enough attention in class and that you have got to take your education more than serious now, because when it comes to deadlines and final exams, the professors don't spoon feed you like they do in high shool. To take as many ACTs as possible to be eligible for more scholarships, and to make sure my GPA was between a 3.0-4.0 so that I wouldn't have to struggle with not having enough money to pay off college tuition like I am now. If I had the chance, my high school senior self would do all that I could to try even harder, because in a blink of an eye, everything is over and the real world is now infront of you, in your hands, looking back at you.

I don't think there is a certain "type" of person that should attentd here. I think any person with a thirst for extra knowledge that wants to expand on their education to get a better career in life with better experience in their desired field should attend UA-Fort Smith because it is a very well-known university and a great environment where any person can go passed their potential and a person that is ambitious.

University of Arkansas-Fort Smith administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.