Fort Smith, AR
University of Arkansas-Fort Smith

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Arkansas-Fort Smith

jasmine

Very nice school. The educational environment is great. Here, there is a lot of room to grow as an individual. There are some things that could be reconsidered, like parking. The prices are a wee bit too high for me personally, but the school is pretty awesome.

Rocky

Fantastic college. I transferred from another school and haven't looked back since. I'm currently finishing up my third semester at UAFS, and have nothing but positive things to say about the campus. Everything from the professors to the landscape is fantastic.

Kaylee

I was very anxious entering college fresh out of high school. I honestly didn't know what to expect. I didn't know a lot of people coming into UAFS, only the few people that have graduate from my high school from previous years. I was worried my professors were going to be pretentious, the classes were going to be very hard, I wasn't going to make friends, and the list can go on forever! Now finishing off my first semester, I can say that I didn't need to worry about any of those things. The professors and faculty are very friendly and always eager to help! The other students are always fun to be around and are very smart. The classes have been challenging, but that's what I came to college for! At UAFS, I have found a home full of welcoming people who want to see each other succeed in life. I am a theatre performance major at UAFS and the program is fantastic. Just as a freshman, you are able to be in shows. Everything is hands on and that what I love so much about the program! UAFS also has such a beautiful campus and facilities that its hard to believe that you aren't paying triple digits to attend the university. The only complaint I have is that the financial aid department is a little slow, but they are also always willing to help and explain issues that are going on. I would for sure recommend someone to attend UAFS if they were thinking about it! :)

Erick

Overall the college is pretty good, the teachers are accessible and the people around campus are helpful and nice. It is small school, most people know each other and it is a very nice place for those that don't want to go to big colleges, even though the degree options are very limited.

At first I did not want to attend the university in my home town. But after three semesters at UAFS, I am very happy to be a Lion. I feel that our campus is a very academic-oriented place to get your education, while still allowing students to enjoy the experience with things such as Greek Life or the Campus Activities Board. I have learned important things such as time management, stress management, and leadership skills from the professors and advisers that I have had at this university. Plus, it's affordable!

Hailey

I Love This School!!!! The student body is so friendly and the faculty and staff are always so helpful and encouraging. I can always find a good study group in the library and all of the professors are intelligent and willing to help their students if they're struggling in class. There is a wide variety of student clubs and organizations and everyone is encouraged to enjoy campus life.

Robyn

UAFS has the most beautiful I've ever see. The dorm rooms are brand new, as are many other facilities on the campus. I couldn't imagine attending any other college. They are constantly adding to our amenities. We also receive free healthcare including prescriptions for average ailments. They are currently building a new fitness center also, which will be free for students.

KATIE

I think UAFS is a very good school. Since I started here in 2010 it has grown greatly.

I don't really see a stereotype of students at UAFS.

I think the most popular student activities/groups would be the sororities and fraternities on campus.

The students at UAFS are kind of just like the students at any other school.

The academics can be challenging at UAFS but if you stay on top of your homework you will do fine.

Kaara

Don't be afraid to move to new states and new cities no matter how large or small that city is.

I wish I had known that they don't offer very many scholarships to nontraditional students or transfer students; and that the ones they do offer they want you to be a full time student which doesn't work for a nontraditional student who works full time as well.

Marla
Where is the best place to get work done on campus?

The library. Unless your a music major then the breedlove building.

Where is the best place to get work done on campus?

The library. Unless your a music major then the breedlove building.

Tell us about the food and dining options.

There's a lot of food options. It changes everyday.

Tell us about your professors.

My professors are nice.

What are your classes like?

fun and stressful if you don't your homework

Tell us about the sports scene on campus.

Basketball and baseball that about it.

I admit to being a nerd. The college even made a nerd lounge for us nerds. Other than that there are no stereotypes.

University of Arkansas-Fort Smith administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.