University of Arkansas-Fort Smith Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for University of Arkansas-Fort Smith

Hailey

The University of Arkansas-Fort Smith is a great place to go if you want to stay close to home, but also be able to spread your wings. Even if you are from far away, you'll feel at home. The campus is beautiful and all of the students and facilities are there to help and support one another. During these Covid times, UAFS has made sure that everyone is following safety precautions, to ensure everyone's safety and well-being. When people struggle with academics, UAFS offers several ways to get help, to allow everyone to succeed. No lion left behind!

Karla

The university is really good. Since I have been there, all the teachers that I have had care about me and try to help me as much as they can with any trouble I might be having in their class. There are many events happening every week on campus and they also vary. There are lots of opportunities to get involved. The campus is fairly safe although I take safety precautions anyway just to be on the safe side. The people on campus are also friendly. I enjoy going to this university and I'm glad that I have the opportunity to go here.

Erick

Overall the college is pretty good, the teachers are accessible and the people around campus are helpful and nice. It is small school, most people know each other and it is a very nice place for those that don't want to go to big colleges, even though the degree options are very limited.

Hailey

I Love This School!!!! The student body is so friendly and the faculty and staff are always so helpful and encouraging. I can always find a good study group in the library and all of the professors are intelligent and willing to help their students if they're struggling in class. There is a wide variety of student clubs and organizations and everyone is encouraged to enjoy campus life.

Kaylee

I was very anxious entering college fresh out of high school. I honestly didn't know what to expect. I didn't know a lot of people coming into UAFS, only the few people that have graduate from my high school from previous years. I was worried my professors were going to be pretentious, the classes were going to be very hard, I wasn't going to make friends, and the list can go on forever! Now finishing off my first semester, I can say that I didn't need to worry about any of those things. The professors and faculty are very friendly and always eager to help! The other students are always fun to be around and are very smart. The classes have been challenging, but that's what I came to college for! At UAFS, I have found a home full of welcoming people who want to see each other succeed in life. I am a theatre performance major at UAFS and the program is fantastic. Just as a freshman, you are able to be in shows. Everything is hands on and that what I love so much about the program! UAFS also has such a beautiful campus and facilities that its hard to believe that you aren't paying triple digits to attend the university. The only complaint I have is that the financial aid department is a little slow, but they are also always willing to help and explain issues that are going on. I would for sure recommend someone to attend UAFS if they were thinking about it! :)

Courtney

I absolutely love the University of Arkansas-Fort Smith. I'm from Texas and to me none of the schools in Texas are as good as UAFS. I enjoy the small classes and how much the professors actually care about their students. Everyone is so kind and helpful and you can really tell that we have our own community here on campus.

Robyn

UAFS has the most beautiful I've ever see. The dorm rooms are brand new, as are many other facilities on the campus. I couldn't imagine attending any other college. They are constantly adding to our amenities. We also receive free healthcare including prescriptions for average ailments. They are currently building a new fitness center also, which will be free for students.

Natalie

The University of Arkansas- Fort Smith is a lively campus, full of activities and extracurricular activities. There is always something going on at this campus, and there are plenty of groups to join, no matter who you are and what you like. UAFS also has great professors and staff. There is always a chance for one-to-one interaction with your educators and advisors. The University of Arkansas-Fort Smith truly takes care of it's students and ensures you are getting the education and attention you need. UAFS is home to some of the best education and greatest professors. I am proud to be a lion!

Alexis

The University of Arkansas-Fort Smith is a very nice school! The scenery is beautiful and the buildings are kept very nice as well! All of my professors so far have been extremely knowledgeable and are good at what they do. I would definitely recommend this School!

At first I did not want to attend the university in my home town. But after three semesters at UAFS, I am very happy to be a Lion. I feel that our campus is a very academic-oriented place to get your education, while still allowing students to enjoy the experience with things such as Greek Life or the Campus Activities Board. I have learned important things such as time management, stress management, and leadership skills from the professors and advisers that I have had at this university. Plus, it's affordable!

jasmine

Very nice school. The educational environment is great. Here, there is a lot of room to grow as an individual. There are some things that could be reconsidered, like parking. The prices are a wee bit too high for me personally, but the school is pretty awesome.

Brenna

The school is very nice and seems to be tight but and well together.

Jordan

University of Arkansas - Fort Smith is a nice, small town University. If you want the big college experience, go up the road to Fayetteville. Your price tag will reflect that though. Our professors care and with our small classes, it's easy to interact with them on a continual basis. It's an overall good school.

Jacob

I honestly like the campus and the advisors are wonderful and helpful.

Monesha

It’s great! As a minority, I feel free most of the time. My independence and few classes I have is making me blush all the time. Plus UAFS is cheap! Especially if you are a first time freshmen.

Michelle

I love it however i do wish that parking was free. the teachers are nice and other students as well other teachers. i can't believe how parking is so accessible at times. I wish some courses were easier to access at times. blackboard does have a lot of faults.

jonathan

The university of Arkansas fort smith is a beautiful school. The campus is breathtaking. The faculty and professors are a great asset. The view is nice. It's not perfect but it's close. We could use some improvement on the parking situation. The bathrooms could be remodeled. Overall, the school is awesome. Many activities and clubs to join. If you want an awesome school with a fair price come here!

Dalton

I believe that UAFS is an okay college with plenty of opportunities for multiple personalities and skills. UAFS is also at large with students who wish to do their best while also having a few people who are a bit less interested in their acedemics.

Diana

I have been to their campus but have never taken classes there, I have only taken concurrent classes that this university provided at my high school and I have passed all of my classes with A's, the classes that I have taken so far include English Composition I and II, College Algebra, and Intro to Sociology. The professors have always encouraged us to turn in our work on time and have always provided us with a syllabus. The professors were always very understanding about how a student can be very busy and took that some of us had activities such as sports and work in consideration.

Jeanie

I like that it is close to my home. Sadly, they do not seem to be very helpful to their students in scholarship oppurtunities or financial aid. I get everyone is on their own in college, but I feel the students are completely on their own at times. I also feel like they pinch every penny they can, which is why available services are so poor at times.

Rocky

Fantastic college. I transferred from another school and haven't looked back since. I'm currently finishing up my third semester at UAFS, and have nothing but positive things to say about the campus. Everything from the professors to the landscape is fantastic.

Tiffany

The University of Arkansas-Fort Smith wouldn't really be my first pick for college. I am a creative person while this University focuses on business and science. There is an art program here but it does not offer a bunch of majors related in the arts. The culture is very nice though. Everyone is very understanding and helpful despite being strangers.

Jasmin

I definitely appreciate the college for helping me relearn things I've lost touch on. I'm super excited to start my actual classes for my degree plan. It's the only school nearby that I can afford that offers somewhat of what I want to do for a career.

Kaliyah

UAFS is a good small town college. If you are looking for somewhere that makes you feel at home, this is the place to go. Tuition is not super crazy and you end up knowing a ton of people one way or another. Plus you have plenty of options to choose from

The University of Arkansas-Fort Smith helped me feel welcomed. I was very nervous to attend college, but they made sure I was comfortable and had help. As a Design major, I have had an amazing facility to work in. The Windgate Art and Design building is amazing! I always give tours of it to my friends. I’m so lucky to have the opportunity to attend this school.

Nancy

Overall I would recommend this school to any one interested in attending a university. There is something for everyone. I just finished my second semester. The only thing I would change is I would make every class available online and not just some of them. If I want to get my accounting degree I will have to transfer since I cannot attend during the day.

kathryn

its a good education for the price.

Leena

I didn't know what to expect from college after not attending a school for 10years. My college experience as a nontraditional student at UAFS has exceeded my expectations. There are many resources available to me when I need help with tutoring or if I have questions in regards to my education. Its a great university.

Alexis

The University of Arkansas - Fort Smith is a four year college that I feel is the perfect spot for me to have chosen to start my college career. All the people around are nice, generous and care for everybody else around them. The staff all want the students to succeed and try their best to make sure they do.

Miya

I have always been comfortable on the campus and have continued to make incredible friends. The professors are amazing and care about each and everyone of our educations. Everyone is so involved and the activities are very fun and encouraging. I’ve never thought of going anywhere else.

Allison

Overall, I appreciate how affordable the university is. I have had very good experiences with the professors and advisors. It is a smaller college and the most affordable in the state, and because of that I feel that it is often underrated, and while it may not be as glamorous as U of A in Fayetteville, it has very good academics and is definitely an enriching part of the Fort Smith community. I like this college and would recommend anyone to give it a try as a first-time freshman.

Ariana

Great School and wonderful opportunities offered at this school

Alyson

University of Arkansas- Fort Smith, otherwise known as UAFS, is a fun and engaging place to get an education. The professors care more than other colleges, and you can always reach them outside of class. We have many on campus activities throughout each semester. Living on campus is a great experience! There are many different types of rooms to live in, and they are featured suite style. Besides the dining hall, the campus has a Chick-Fil-A, Subway, Starbucks, and many other options in the food court. This college is a great option for out of state students that want to feel at home while away from their original home! It is very easy to make friends, and there is a lot to do with on campus with those friends. I would 10/10 recommend UAFS to anyone!

Levi

I absolutely love UAFS! It is an overall amazing school filled with great teachers and caring faculty. I wouldn't change colleges for any reason. To me this place feels like home. When I first came here I knew instantly that this was the college for me!

Miya

It is a safe environment, and the teachers truly do want you to succeed. It’s easy for the students to get along together and work together to help one another. I will say that I’m sad about pizza hut not being in our campus center anymore. Overall, they do have some healthy options to keep our minds active. Thank you for this opportunity.

Cody

Very pretty Campus with nice staff members

Alexis

I've only attended UAFS for about 10 weeks. I'm loving my classes so far. If you do not speak up to your professors about your struggles, they will not know you are struggling. I've met with a couple of my professors outside of class hours and they were super helpful. Such a clean campus too!

Tommy

I think this is a great college to attend. The only bad thing is that they don't have football and I am a huge fan of football because I played in high school. But all in all I think it is a great school the teachers are also very nice and the students there are nice as well.

Sydney

Love it. Uafs was one of the first colleges i participated in and honestly it taught my about life and responsibility. I come from a very little town and uafs gave me the oppurtunity to broaden my horizons and learn more than i ever thought possible.

Luis

quite yet unique as it is not too big nor small but a fair amount of people on campus where each individual is worth talking too, as a simple "hello" could result to a lasting friendship. With events and activities always around for students to enjoy themselves.

Kareena

It's a small university overall but the buildings, facilities, staff and education is top notch. I've lived here for about 7 years and am glad I decided to attend this university. It's allowed me to stay closer to my family and friends all the while giving me knowledge and various experiences.

Kareena

Asia

I am really pleased with attending Fort Smith. My advisor or other staff members always reach out to me. Whenever I need help someone is always available . When I ran out of funds and had to quit school the financial aid department found me a scholarship for my books and classes