University of California-Davis

« See more reviews of University of California-Davis

What is the stereotype of students at your school?

Davis is known as a cow town. It has a population of 64,000 and is situated among lots of farmland and vineyards in Northern California. UC Davis is also a highly ranked agricultural and veterinary school, so we have a vineyard and a farm with live animals on campus. Lots of people who have never been to Davis think it is in the middle of nowhere, with cows roaming around campus. And our students have a stereotype of being overly studious and grade-conscious. Davis is also seen as fairly liberal (not so much as Berkeley, perhaps), and students and residents are sometimes viewed as hippies.

Some stereotypes include: great percentage of asian students, classes are stressful, people that attend Davis are uptight and all about getting the best grades and don't like to party, and that everyone is there for agriculture and that we all like farms/cows.

I do not pay attention to the overall rumor mill about UC Davis or the student body. Although I should since I am a sociologist in training. I guess I should say that one overall stereotype is that UC Davis has a high proportion of East Asian students.

I am sure if I had any UC Davis student stereotypes. But I did have a UC Davis of being nature like, since it is a rural environment it promised a lot of activities.

That the frats and sorrorities are all intense party-ers That everyone's a farmer and a hick That the girls are hot and the guys not so much It smells like cows

alotta white and azns, annoying, loud, too outgoing campus is too big, too hot weather and too cold weather, too many bikes, unsafe

That all students are just out of high school and that they don't have any opinions about the environment or government.

that everyone is a science nerd, but there is so much more than science offered and all programs are great

Some stereotypes about Davis kids are that we don't have a life because we live on and near farm land.

Davis smells like cows. Davis is boring. Davis has nothing to do. Davis has no social life.