University of Central Florida

« See more reviews of University of Central Florida

The teaching staff here at University of Central Florida is exceptional. I have experienced frustrating teachers at other colleges, and find refreshment in the teaching personnel. The professors are always approachable and available outside of the classroom. Going to them for extra help or clearification on the more challenging concepts is welcomed. In the past I have found that some professors have a pompus attitude causing the learning to be strained, UCF is definitely an exception to this. The comfortable atmosphere generated by the proffesors not only offers a plethora of knoweldge, but also allows for an ease of understanding.

I'm usually most apt to boast about how the University of Central Florida has an extraordinarily beautiful campus in probably the most scenic part of tropical Orlando. Not only is the plant life and landscaping bedazzling but the wonderful, sprawling cornucopia of shimmering fountains and brightly colored dorm complexes are nothing short of immaculate. Assuredly fine specimens of Mediterranean Revival architecture, their stucco walls and perfect asthetic harmony with the surrounding palm trees make any UCF student feel like they're living in a luxurious seaside villa or hotel rather than a simple school dorm.

What impresses me the most about UCF are the programs and the professors. Even with four hundred students in their classrooms, professors here treat us as individuals and tend to our specific needs without ever making us feel as if our questions are trivial. Even though we are one in a couple thousand, we never once feel as such. I've never been to a university where the majority of the students are amply content about their education and the opportunities provided on campus. There are enough research and internship positions at UCF to please the widest variety of students.

When it comes to college campuses, UCF is a full service location. As a health concious individual, i am pleased to see the wide selection of restaurant and eateries on campus, as well as a state-of-the-art gym and workout facility. It is extrememly important to me that I have options other than standard college fare such as fried foods and sugary beverages; in fact, many lighter choices are readily available throughout the campus and are surprisingly affordable. The gym membership is included with student fees and is convienenlty located so as to allow for ease of use.

The aspect of UCF that I admire the most is the fact that we have a very diverse campus. When I ever I speak to my friends at other institutions, they always complain about how their campus lacks cultural organizations that cater to their needs. At UCF, we have our own multicultural divison that deals with a multitude of organizations just so that every student feels welcomed and involved during their undergraduate career. It also provides academic support as well as social support, especially for first time and generation students as well as transfer students.

When telling my friends about the University of Central Florida, I often tell them about how beautiful my campus is. I tell them how much it feels like my home away from home, despite being the 3rd largest university in the nation. Another thing worth mentioning when I talk about my school (aside from the prestigious education you can gain here) is the amazing discounts we as students get to theme parks all over Orlando. For example, tickets to Universal Studios are at least half off, and we as a school get the park to ourselves during Halloween Horror Nights.

There is only one word to describe the University of Central Florida, and that word is incredible. The University of Central Florida has inspired me to attempt and accomplish goals that I never thought were possible. I will admit, going to college is very scary and I was very apprehensive on how I would adapt, but the University of Central Florida has an amazing group of faculty and staff members that are extrememly dedicated to their job and supportive of you and your goals. I have developed excellent study habits and have earned a GPA of 3.813.

I like the real campus setting. The Campus is clean and very big, even though they had some problems there they have the faculty to handle any problems. I think all young adults should experience the campus like. It teaches them real life responsibilities. I do not live on campus or even near the school, but when I do visit it is just awesome. I would suggest to anyone that they should attend the UCF, they offer a wide range of colleges to choose from, they are community minded and they are one of the better colleges in the area.

I love to brag about how beautiful and big the campus is. I tell my friends that I am practically living in a resort! I also love to talk about the spirit and tradition there. They have so many cool events such as spirit splash where it's literally hundreds of students rushing into a huge fountain and basically having a massive pool party. Also its great that there is so many things to do outside the university including some of the biggest themeparks. My favorite thing to brag about though, is the wonderful sunny weather all year long!

The size of the University of Central Florida had me concerned at the beginning. My high school had approximately only 300 students total. I was used to the small and personable atmosphere that my small school provided. I feared getting lost on the first day of class, walking into the wrong class, etc. However, being that I am majoring in Legal Studies the majority of my classes are in two side-by-side buildings. I absolutely love that! In addition, there is a computer classroom in a building next to mine, which always comes in handy.