University of Delaware

« See more reviews of University of Delaware

I love UD because it is not too small and is not to big. It has so much diversity and any individual can grow and achieve their life goals. There are an infinite amount of opportunites here at UD and I wish I took the time to experience more of them. After having joined a sorority I have truly met some of my best friends for life. It does make the campus smaller and sometimes I feel like im limiting myself to one group but there are only so many people you can meet. UD has a great reputation and no one has ever said something bad about this school to me. There is a ton of school pride especially with our football teams recent success. I have had so many wonderful experiences here and I hope that I can only continue to add to these memories.

Delaware is essentially the perfect school - it's small enough that you run into people you know all the time, but it's also big enough that if you didn't want to run into someone (that one night stand's roommate who walked in on you), you can avoid them as well. There's a beautiful campus, great night life, and fun, relaxed people. Freshman and Sophomore years are fun, but I think you have the most fun after you move off campus, which I would HIGHLY encourage you to do for your Junior and Senior years. The thing I miss the most about Delaware is the girls - Delaware has an absurd porportion of attractive ladies. When "tanning" season is in, and it's a nice day, I'd highly recommend going for a walk around the beach haha.

Everything about UD is great--the friends I made, the campus, the classes and professors and the bars! Although UD is a large school, I never felt that it was too big, in fact, I felt like I knew everyone. You see the same people around all the time--it has a really small feel. One of my favorite things about UD was Main Street. Newark, DE, is definitely a college town. Main Street is loaded with good restaurants, shopping, bars, etc. I have absolutely nothing but good memories from my time at the University of Delaware. Some of the best times included day drinking at Grotto's on a nice day, Chapel Fest, BBQs and house parties and of course nights out at Kate's and Shaggy's (which is no longer there, sadly).

The best thing about UD are all of the people. There are so many different clubs, groups, teams, there is always something to do and awesome people to meet. You never have to hang out with the same people ever because there are so many people to meet everyday! One thing I would change is how spread out the campus is. That would mean a smaller enrollment, which would lose some of the diversity, but I think a close knit campus would be awesome! When I tell people that I go to UD, I either heat, "Oh, I applied there!" , "That school is so much fun" or "Oh, that is so awesome! I hear thats a really nice school!" ...i love that! I think Main Street is awesome and tons of fun! The best place to live and be.

UD's campus is beautiful. I think the number of students is just right. When I tell people I attend UD, one of the first reactions I get is, "OH, that's a party school." While students like to party, I wouldn't classify Delaware as a top party school. As I further in my undergraduate career, UD is getting harder to get into and the incoming freshman classes keep getting smarter. I think UD is beginning to be recognized for its strength in academics. The biggest recent controversy on campus was the FIRE incident involving Residence Life at the university. Students are proud to be Blue Hens. The football team received the most support. Students often complain about parking, and classroom availability.

The best thing about UD is that there are so many things to get involved in...club sports, greek life, student organizations, jobs etc. I wish it were more diverse. UD is the perfect size...not too large so you feel like a number, but not too small so that you feel like you know everyone. I spend most of my time in Willard Hall...the education building. It is definitely a college town. UD's administration seems to be improving. The new president is very involved. Freshman orientation on diversity was the most recent controversy. Everyone is loves the fighting blue hens. I will always remember Homecoming and football tailgates. Parking on campus is a HUGE problem.

The best thing about UD is the way it's integrated into the center of Newark. Main Street runs right down the middle of campus and it's a great place to spend time between classes and on weekends. The school is the perfect size, not too small but not impossibly huge. When I tell people I go to UD, they usually think I go to school on a farm in lower Delaware with 10 other students. They have no idea that the campus is gorgeous and the school is a pretty decent size. The biggest recent controversy on campus was the ResLife diversity scandal. There's tons of school pride but not when it comes to basketball (where you usually expect it).

I think our school is just the right size and my favorite thing about it are the amazing people i've met here. many adults reactions are that they think i'm a party girl but people my own age know at least three people who go there and have heard all good things about it. most of my time is spent in class or at my apartment. it's definitely a college town. i think the administration is great. school pride is average. the experience i'll always remember are the random times with my best friends, whether it be a fun night we had, going to the footballs games, or just hanging out in the dorm. a lot of students complain about parking

The school is just the right size, not too small to be restricted to any one crowd, and not too big to get drowned out. The best part about the school is the campus. It could be a little more condensed, but it's pretty beautiful. It's definitely a college town, although all the students hear about is how the town wants to be separate from the university. There's not a whole lot of school pride, or at least there wasn't when I was there. However, social life does flourish. The one thing I would change if I could would be campus safety. As a girl, I often felt scared walking home from class alone at night, etc.

- The best thing is that most people were extremely friendly. A close second is the study abroad program. - I wish there had been more ethnic diversity--the school is 85% white. - college town for sure. - I spent most of my time in The Review's office. - Reaction: Oh I hear that's a lot of fun. (read: I hear that's a party school). -There's a lot of school pride. Perhaps not so much as Penn State but alumni are always going back. - Unusual? The squirrels. They came right up to you like pigeons in Manhattan and were known to scale walls. - complaints: non-air conditioned dorms and, later, not enough bars.