University of Delaware

« See more reviews of University of Delaware

I love that UD is a "college town" The buildings are beautiful, and campus is maintained well (the grass is always green, etc.) I love that main street is a place filled with restaurants, stores, and bars -- you will always see people you know and shops that appeal to the college student. There is also a great public safety system BUT i wish there were cabs that we could pay for -- that would make traveling a lot more safe and a lot less of a hassle at night. Also, there is NOT enough parking at UD.

I feel that my school is the perfect size. When I tell people I go here I always get positive responses, but more so from parents who have children around my age and understand the university's current standing and level of competition. I spend most of my time on campus going to the gym or class. This is definitly a college town. I think that some of the administration is to caught up in ridiculous rules. The Strike and Judicial Affairs system is by far an ongoing controversy. Lots of school prode.

best thing- people (students and faculty) and community (gorgeous campus and awesome main st!!) change- career services- more help with direction/setting up on campus interviews/career searching, etc size- just right...always meeting new people but not too big that you lose touch or get swallowed up football games are a blast!!(esp. when the team's good) most of the school spirit is there and tailgating beforehand. i had fun at the basketball games too, but there wasn't a huge student crowd.

Best thing about UD is the Student Body - size is perfect (won't get lost in a sea of students) but you still will meet new people as a Senior! Worst thing - Tuition Cost (although most student's parents pay their tuition) and Lack of Parking! People usually respect UD, some think it's a party school because it used to be like 10 years ago - now not so much School Pride is pretty good - fun football/tailgaiting season, other sports not too much school spirit, cool mascot :o)

-The best thing about the school is the campus. -I would change the dining halls and make them better. -Just right. -People tend to hear mainly good things about UD. -I spend my time on campus primarily at my house or my friends houses. Sometimes trabant and other than that at class. -College town, hands down. -I think the strike system is flawed and the administration has a lot of room for improvement but UD is a great school regardless.

I like the fact that they offer a lot of options of what courses you can take and how big the class sizes are. People generally regard UD as a good school for academics and I wouldn't argue with that. The town is nice, but we quickly run out of things to do. The administration is mostly concerned with getting our money. There is a plenty of school pride, although I would imagine UD is not that different from any other state school

- Best thing- the campus - Change- Laird campus being so disconnected from everything - People are impressed that I go to UD and hear that it's getting harder and harder to get accepted into. - I live off campus and spend most of my time there. My first year here I lived in Pencader, so I felt VERY disconnected from the university. - There is a lot of school pride here, I love that.

One thing I would change about UD is how big the party culture is here. Not too many students are into just hanging out on the weekends. I would say Newark is a college town, especially with its Main Street. There are some problems with "townies" and crime, though. I think there is a good deal of school pride. Many students will go to football games, but that's about it.

UD's campus is beautiful. It's just like out of a movie. Immaculate landscaping, classic architecture, and bricks as far as the eye can see.....it's everything I imagined college would be. It's a large campus so there's a lot to explore, but it's not so big that you feel lost. It's the perfect balance of small town/college town/down town. Parking is a bitch.

I absolutely love this school, and I'm so happy I decided to come here. The best thing about this school is definitely its diverse population and the number of activities and resources it offers students. Everyone's guaranteed to find something or someone he or she loves. There is definitely a lot of school pride at UD, and for good reason.