University of Florida

« See more reviews of University of Florida

Inconsistency of online systems, arrogance of professors, poor testing procedures, terrible financial aid policies that possibly breach HEOA guidelines (first come / first serve not allowed), online group projects are awful to complete.

The most fustrating thing about the University of Florida would have to be the financial aide department. The department sometimes lacks organization and can be very time consuming when trying to resolve a students financial aide.

I have a hard time finding anything negative about my school. If I had to choose one thing that was frustrating it would be that four years is not enough for college. I loved UF and Gainesville and would love to go back!

The most frustrating thing about UF is the sheer number of options one has, and the lack of resources to help you choose between them; also, the way the school handles parking and finances is difficult to deal with.

No school is spared when it comes to budget cuts. Students are not given enough financial aid to achieve and are given the run-around by financial aid counselors. The school is too big for the small staff to handle.

The variability in difficulty from teacher to teacher. Some teachers are incredibly difficult, whereas others are incredibly easy. Some students have to work ten times as hard as others and their GPA suffers for it.

The lack of scholarships and funding for out of state students and students pursuing a dance major. It is very hard to compensate financially for the vacancy of financial support for these particular students.

The overemphasis placed on the importance of greek/fraternity/sorority involvement and the manner in which these groups determine the majoirty of the decisions made in terms of student government.

Lack of available parking spaces for students. The residence hall I lived at was a few blocks from the commuter lot where my roommate kept his car. We would have to take a bus to get to his car.

The initial learning curve as a freshman was nearly impossible to overcome. You are expected to know how the system works ahead of time, and the resources for doing so are few and far between.