University of Maine at Farmington Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for University of Maine at Farmington

stephanie

A small beautiful town engulfed with its own culture. It feels like absolute home regardless of where you are from. Everyone is so welcoming compared to other schools and college towns.

Makena

The university is primarily a education university but the creative writing program is good too. It's a really close community, which I enjoy. Everything is withing walking distance and I easily got an apartment ad job near by. It's also pretty cheap tuition wise which is always good.

Abby

I really like UMF. It has clubs to interest just about everyone, which is great because it gives people an opportunity to participate in something other than just the academics, which usually makes the person less-stressed. It is also located in a convient spot, it's close to shops and restruants. Over-all it's a great place to go to school.

Caitlyn

Amazing school that has a lot to offer any student, especially future teachers. The food can be dreadful at times but the dining hall staff is wonderful and they are working hard to improve the quality of the food they serve. Most of the professors are amazing, understanding, knowledgeable people who would do anything to make sure you succeed. Most professors realize most students are Education majors and try to relate classes to teaching, and give you strategies to handle certain situations, but not in a way that it alienates non ed majors. Very progressive campus, everyone is excepting of people of all backgrounds, most professors ask you to introduce yourself with name, pronoun, and major on the first day. Lots of amazing clubs on campus.

Kiessa

UMF a great school full of great people. It is such a friendly environment. There is something there for everyone. The classes are average size, maybe even on the smaller side, which promotes a more effective learning environment. Overall, I loved being there.

Shauna

It's a good school, lots of opportunity in the liberal arts, class sizes are small enough for attention, but not so small as to be awkward. There's more diversity on campus than can be expected for Maine, and tons of friendly people. Support can be found regardless of what a person is or identifies as.

Michelle

Personally I can't imagine feeling more at home on a college campus. I have found people with similar interests, a comfortable campus atmosphere, professors that are engaging, available and interesting. Overall I am very happy with my experiences with UMF, and can't think of going anywhere else.

Leah

The University of Maine at Farmington is a wonderful, friendly and accepting campus. The school isn't isolated and it very incorporated into the community. The food isn't superb but there are plenty of small soup and sandwich shops, pizza places, a fast food joint and pubs to get yummy food, good drinks and a great atmosphere. With a ski mountain in walking distance, a full gym with a swimming pool and plenty of fields and recreational spaces there is never a shortage of things to do outside. Not to mention all of the wonderful mountains in short proximity from the school. Cars are allowed on campus for all individuals making many things accessible. The University of Maine is a great place to get educated and broaden your horizons!

Alora

The University of Maine at Farmington is a great school with great professors! Each day, I am challenged intellectually and asked to think about situations a little differently. In one semester, I learned more about myself than any. I always feel safe and welcomed at UMF.

Chelsey

I love UMF! Plenty to do inside and outside of the classroom. Beautiful setting, great academics, and great people. As a Geology major, I am thrilled to study in an area that has it all - waterways, mountains, trails, and so much more. The art scene is great, and everyone wants to be a part of Farmington activities. I am so glad I made the switch to UMF.

isaac

The students and professors are a great group to be around, very friendly and always helpful. Administration provides plenty of insurmountable obstacles for students which makes the entire experience a hassle. Would not recommend for someone who is looking for a responsive aid department.

Danielle

I think Farmington is great. I really feel welcomed when I first arrived here. Everyone is so welcoming and loving and it makes a person already feel apart of the community. The professors are great and really try to get involved with their students in and out of the classroom. It makes the students feel that the professors are also people and not just there to teach and give test.

S

The people of UMF seem very driven and opinionated, focusing highly on their future and where they want to go with the degrees they want. When I visited University of Maine at Farmington a few weeks ago, the students were friendly and easy going, open to any and all questions I had about anything, from the dorms and their rules about housing to class hours and whether or not you take classes during the weekend. They cared about the school, you could see it, it school felt loved by the people there, students and faculty alike. And while everyone may not be smiling 24/7, the feeling of appreciation and coziness of the place is obvious. I loved that since the vibe the area tended to have was rather sour and quiet. Its a bright hope spot, which makes sense that Farmington is a college town- its a good college.

I love it! Great food, Great people, Overall the best choice I could have ever made! I love my room mate, My CAs are great people and very helpful. Classes are good, the amount of help you recieve when you need it is fantastic and the variety of new foods I get to try daily are just amazing!

Carson

I am so glad I chose UMF. Not only was it a financially great option, but their programs specifically in the School of Education are extremely reputable. UMF is definitely the right school for you if you love the typical "New England College" vibe, enjoy being in classes with a small group with hands-on lessons where you KNOW your professor, and like to see a lot of familiar faces around.

Sydney

I really like it here! The people are super nice and always friendly. The professors are really nice and helpful. They're always make sure you know the material. There's always something going on whether it's on campus or around town and it's a lot of fun!

Jazzmin

University of Maine in Farmington is overall a very good school for people who dont want to leave Maine but still get the college life experience i would recommend to anyone that asks to consider university of Maine in Farmington!you will not regret your choice.

Hope

The University of Maine at Farmington is the perfect for someone who wants a smaller campus, but still wants extracurricular activities. There isn't all that much around in town, but I think the college tries to make up for it with trips and activities. But people here are pretty friendly, and I feel at home here.

Caitlyn

It is a very welcoming home like atmosphere. People here are extremely accepting of people from all background and eager to meet new people. Sure it seems to be out in the middle of no where, but for Maine it could be a lot further out there. Big enough town that you do not go completely crazy but small enough that you still enjoy the perks. The professors are amazing and will take the time to get to know you. I am currently in a Honors science class with 12 students, the lab has 3 because someone couldn't fit the lab in their schedule so the professor let us meet at a different time. Even though I do not like that particulat professor, it is a pretty clear demonstration of how accommodating UMF professors are.

Carson

I am so glad I chose to attend the University of Maine at Farmington (UMF). If you like seeing familiar faces around campus and participating in small classes where you actually know your professor, UMF is the place for you. UMF is known for their quality programs in the College of Education, and I couldn't imagine a program better suited for my needs as an Early Childhood Special Education major. I have found so many opportunities at UMF, and I think it is a great, affordable public school.

Anyssa

UMF is a small school with small class sizes, so you're able to get to know your professors and form relationships with them in a way that isn't likely to happen at a larger school. The professors are always available to help and most of them are great teachers. The student body is pretty diverse and there are plenty of different clubs to join, so everyone can find a place or group where they feel comfortable. The school is also very friendly for LGBT+ folks.

I absolutely love the University of Maine at Farmington. I have no complaints. Everyone is friendly and outgoing, there is always something to do and people to see. There is a wide variety of sports, clubs, and campus events and the staff is incredible. The professors truly care about their students and will do their best to ensure that they succeed.

Rowan

The University of Maine at Farmington has done an amazing job of getting qualified faculty members who are passionate about their students and what they are teaching. Clubs tend to be smaller, but there are plenty of them. The community surrounding the college is close-knit and there are adequate shops for students that don't have a car to get groceries, or clothing, or a prescription. It is a great college for education majors and there are two art galleries on campus you can visit a well as a theater program. I myself am a science major and have found the small class sizes really help you get immersed in lab courses and give you useful knowledge in your field of study.

Abigail

Overall, the school is amazing, especially if you are an Education Major. Education is University of Maine at Farmington's forte and they do it extremely well. Teachers are always accessible and willing to help as best they can. Although in a small college town, campus life is vibrant with many different clubs and job opportunities, not the mention the close proximity to great mountains and rivers with gear to borrow provided on campus.

Heather

I think that the University of Maine at Farmington is a great school, I wanted to go to a college that is focused on my learning and how to further my education. I think that I chose the right school because the staff is easy to get in contact with if I have a question about an assignment, and students are there to help those who need extra help.