University of Nebraska at Omaha

« See more reviews of University of Nebraska at Omaha

I have gotten a lot of expierence from my visit to my college's campus. I saw myself as a grown up and can be responsible for the things I do. I learned that I had to be friendly and more open with people. In other words to socialize with people and make a new firends. I really liked to make friends with people whom are from a different countries, because I will more knowledgeable about other countries and cultures.

If I were to go back in time and speak to my self about college I would say this. Listen to God, He knows way more than you, trust Him. Don't be so focused on your course of study, you will meet people that God puts in your path, and He will encourage you as you need, not as you want. Do your homework overly well and reasearch colleges, but pray often about it and leave the final decision up to God. He loves you!

I would tell my high school self as a senior is to get more motivated and try hard with grades. I was super involved in school with extra ciricular like dance team, speech, choir, drama and cheerleading and didn't focus on schoolwork. School was hard for me to focus on and I really wish I would have tried harder to get better grades. At the time I didn't care but looking back now I wish I did.

Be sure to consider all of your options. Don't instantly go for the prettiest campus or the farest from where you went to high school. Be confident in your choice of college, no matter what other people say. Use all oppotunities to meet people, but don't let school work fall behind, it's why you're there in the first place. Most importantly, make the most of your time there.

I would take college seriously from the start and apply early since the bulk of scholarships are onyl offered to first-time freshman students. I would double up on classes while my parents were paying all my expenses since the coursework is ridiculously easy and someone without a job can easily take twice a full-time academic load. would finish my degree as quickly as possible.

Find a school that you like and fits you. Then decide if you will be able to pay for it. Stay focused in school. It is far too easy to get distracted with your new freedom from your parents, but your decisions now decide the rest of your life. Do not screw it up now. You have plenty of time to drink and have a good time when you have your degree and career in line.

I'd say to my higschool self; Attend every class, every lecture. Also forget about others opinons on yourself, everyone in college is there to learn not to judge. Another thing would be, time management is very important, focus more on homework and studying, than work or partying. Answers to tests and quizzes are not spoon fed to you like they were in highschool.

I would tell myself to study really hard. I don't think high school prepared me enough for college and you really need to focus and buckle down. But you also need to enjoy your time. I didnt realize how much of a difference there was going to be between high school and college but there is and you should be ready to embrace it. College is a great experience!!

To make the most of your collge experience, living on campus is definately your best option. You get to experience the social aspect as well as close classroom exposure and recreational events and activities. Research the colleges you are thinking of attending to find out about the size, activites and food available, and post-graduate career options.

Depends on what your are looking for there is alot of things you can be active in but you have to go do it same with meeting people but there are 15,000 students so chances are your going to meet alot of people and have a fun time and there is alway something being remodeled or something new being built so its nice to have all these new facilities