University of New Hampshire-Main Campus

« See more reviews of University of New Hampshire-Main Campus

The University of New Hampshire stands out more so than most other schools because it has developed an evergrowing awareness to environmental needs. UNH and most of its faculty & students show more awareness for sustainability than many other schools in the area, even in the nation. There is a strong enrichment within the education for environmental awareness and change. This is very unique and important to take note upon, because our world's environment and sustainability has become a vital issue for everyone. UNH is becoming more developed with creating attention and action from all people within its area.

This is a really friendly college where everyone is always happy and seemed to be enjoying what they are doing around the campus. whereever I see students, they are always working together collaboratively and I assure you: you will not feel left out when you are here. We have the strong bond between student, we always want to work together and make the college experience better than anywhere it could be. The beauty around our school and the sense of acceptence in everyones mind is the best thing that UNH is known for. Thats why we are called WILDCATS.!!!

The UNH campus offers a variety of organizations from sports clubs and music groups to organizations focused on peace or the environment. Most people will be able to find some kind of extra curricular activity to participate in and help them meet new people. I think this school really allows students to explore new activities which helps enhance their time in college. Although I know that the focus of my time at UNH is my education, I think UNH offers a great experience to students outside the classroom too by offering so many diverse activities.

The University of New Hampshire offers a unique five-year education program. A student completes a four-year undergraduate program and earns a degree, and, if accepted to the graduate program, completes an internship at a participating school and co-teaches a class. After successfully completing the internship, the student earns a master's degree and a teaching certification. The five-year option was an attractive aspect of the university because it saves money as opposed to attending a two- or four-year graduate program.

UNH is a public institution that rivals any private setting. New Hampshire does not fund public education, so the cost to attend is insanely high. Thus, many who attend are especially mindful of the cost of education and appreciate it. The campus is beautiful year round; whether it is blanketed in snow or abloom with flowers. One can cut through woods to go to class and catch a glimpse of a deer. There are even stables to board your horse! Most of all, the campus becomes part of you quickly. I can't wait for next year!

The University of New Hampshire is unique because when you look at a campus map you get really frightened because it seems so huge. When you're walking around for the first time you get lost wherever you go. The day you step foot on that campus as a student, everything changes. YOu magically know excactly where everything is and you know excactly who to talk to find something out. The campus has done such a wonderful job of making sure students are comfortable that after the first week you don't even feel like a freshman.

When comparing UNH to other schools I considered i noticed that this school was very diverse. There are many kinds of people here and you never know what you are going to see someone doing. This school is all about outside activities. There are many different things that you see on a day to day basis whether its people playing frisbee, tight rope walking from tree to tree, or skiing down library hill. The other schools I looked at didn't seem to show as many people enjoying the outdoors like the people do here.

The University of New Hampshire appeals to average New Englander for many different reasons. I chose to attend the university because of its location, academic oppurtunities, athletics, and diversity. The atmosphere of Durham is a small town with a strong presence of the college students. I think UNH is unique because of its small town ora in spite of a diverse and huge student population. My major is environmental science and a lot of my courses take place outdoors distinguishing UNH from other colleges.

The people are friendly, and the campus is beautiful, just big enough to get lost in if you want but not so big you can't make it to your classes within a reasonable time. It's also in a small town, which reminds me of home, but "city life"or the ocean is just a short car trip or bus ride away. Also, being a science major, I was attracted to the amount of research funding is available here; almost everyone in my major is involved in at least one project be it for NASA or on their own.

The University of New Hampshire is unique in comparision to other schools that I considered becuase of its size. I considered mostly smaller schools, but ended up choosing UNH because of how large it is. Due to the size, there is a vast amont of majors that the school has to offer, which leads to many different classes that can be taken. All the variety means that I won't be taking the same classes all the time, which could lead to changes in my major or changes in my outlook on life.