University of New Hampshire-Main Campus

« See more reviews of University of New Hampshire-Main Campus

I wish I knew specific details about the programs, organizations, and clubs UNH has to offer. In doing research on the University i read what the UNH had to offer online. Before gaining acceptance I imagined what I would get involved in, the things that make the college experience more fun. I took advantage of the Student Senate, Intervarsity, and the club my friend invented; the wrestling club. As the year progresses I tend to stumble across clubs, programs, and organizations I wished I became involved in at the begining of the year.

I made a lot of discoveries while I was at UNH. The school was not my first choice, but I have found that I would not choose anywhere else. After spending my time in Hungary, I realized that they have so much to offer. Their engineering program is great and I really gain a lot from the classes and education system. I really am happy how they have so many other activities outside of class that allow you to stay involved with the campus and work towards building yourself as a person. The facilities on campus are in wonderful condition.

It may seem like commuting from home is the best choice financially, but trust me: live on campus. It’s the best way to make the most of all the free resources that are provided to you through paying for your tuition. You’ll get the most for your dollar, as well as getting the most out of the college experience. Never again will you have as many resources available and catered towards you within walking distance, or automatically live in a community of peers who are in the same situation as you and going through the same things.

I wish I had known how much of a party school UNH really was. And I wish I had known what a party school really meant. I wish I had come visited before I actually attended. I wish I had understood what there was to do besides partying before attending. I wish I had gotten involved with the sober community before attneding. I wish I had know the academic drive and focus of the school was before I attended because it's not that driven or focused. I don't feel very challenged academically or socially.

I wish that I had known more about myself and what I really wanted to do with my career. Entering into a large university, I found myself lost and changed my major many times before finding that I could pursue my interest in art and study painting and drawing. I'm not sure if knowing this I would have gone to that school, and maybe my path wouldn't have taken me in the direction it did. I am currently a Graduate student, planning on becoming an Art educator, which I am very exited about.

There is nothing I can think of that I wish I knew before I came to school. If I came to school knowing how to manage my time, take on new responsibilities, make new friends, and how to deal with being away from my loved ones back home, then I would not need to be in school. These are important skills and life lessons one learns while living away from home for an extended period of time. I think even if I were to fail all my classes, I would still be better prepared to live on my own.

Because I was a transfer student, it is hard to know who to talk to about becomming more involved in the university. The transfer day was also very difficult because i had never been to the UNH campus before and it was apparent that mst of the other students had been. was unsure of where to go at first but luckily i found a friend of mine to help me out. Being a transfer student at any school is hard, so i hadnt expected to know everything once i got to UNH.

I wish I had known that there were so many clubs and organizations to get involved in, and should have signed up for some that interested me right away. I was a little bit shy however, and thought that it would be easier to get involved once I got acclimated to my classes. Looking back I now think it would have been easier to get acclimated if I had joined a group because then I would have made more friends and could balance my schedule the way I needed to!

The one thing that I wish I had known before coming to The University of New Hampshire would be the amount of different types of people on campus. I am able to be friends with a lot of different types of people, and I had not known that beforehand, if I had known that beforehand I would've taken a lot less time to choose The University of New Hampshire. Overall I am very into diversity and meeting new people and UNH is definitely the school for that.

The thing that I wish I had known before coming to UNH was how much relies on my personal effort. I had always been told that success and enjoyment of college was determined by the effort that I was willing to put into the experience. I have learned quite quickly that responibility is mine and mine alone. Whether I succeed or fail is determined by what I am willing to do. This is a statement that is oft repeated but is one hundred percent true.