University of Oklahoma-Norman Campus

« See more reviews of University of Oklahoma-Norman Campus

There is not as much to do as a city like Dallas, but Norman town can be quaint with the right friends/life style. The whole experience depends on what you are looking for. There is not a lot of variety in Norman as far as restaurants or clubs, although adequate and the drive to OKC is only around twenty five minutes. OKC has Brick Town with several clubs/restaurants/boating tour and my fav is the Oklahoma City Museum of Art which features Art Exhibits/Independent Films along with a cafe for dinner. For a fairly quick weekend get a way "Dallas" takes around two (a lot of people drive it in 2 or 21/2 at most) to three hours. Moore is ten minutes away with a brand new movie theatre which serves dinner and drinks while watching the latest flicks. Anyone coming to the University of Oklahoma will experience friendly people and a decent atmosphere for serious studying unless the temptation for constant partying ensues. The Bizzell Library is a good place to frequent for research/studying. Hope this helps...

In comparison to other schools I considered attending, Oklahoma stood out because it is a college town. The whole city of Norman rallies around the Oklahoma Sooners. I am a football fanatic so I just fell right into "Sooner Land." The mall is called "The Sooners Mall." There is a "Sooners Sonic" fast food restaurant and majority of the business establishments have something about "The Sooners" as part of their daily announcements. (Signs) My first Oklahoma Sooner tailgate party was extremely exciting. I was overwhelmed with the school spirit and community support provided by the Norman community.

The thing that really stuck out to me in searching for a university was a school that was large enough to meet plenty of new people and experience plenty of new things, but still have reasonable class sizes and still be smaller than most public universities. The campus is not too large at all; everything is within a very reasonable walking distance. The class sizes are great as well! I really feel that I get that student-teacher time when I need it, when in comparison with much larger public universities where that would not be the case.

The University of Oklahoma is a college built for the students, the teachers do everything they can to help you. Also, the people in financial aid will help you with finding scholarships, and helping you on deciding on loans. The campus has high security,and provides many safety attributions, like free rides back to your dorms when leaving a party, or free escorts when walking to class at night. Also, emergency phones are placed all around campus. The buildings and scenery are beautiful, and all the classes are short walks from the dorms.

The University of Oklahoma is a large university with tons of major and class options with a small college feel. The campus is compact and easy to get around, not to mention absolutely beautiful. Living in the dorms, which are on the southern part of campus, I can get to the furthest north buildings in 15 minutes, walking. The other universities I was considering were also large universities, but simultaneously had the large university feel. They were either located in a large city or featured a huge campus, which was not what fit for me.

The campus is beautiful!! There is a huge cultural diversity among the students..Football is great, I mean we do have Sam Bradford. And in basketball we had Blake Griffin....I think the pride people have for our school is amazing. The assistance one can utilize is awesome too, study groups, tutoring, academic advising,writing labs to review your papers, the communication between the norman campus and the health and science center where i will complete my studies...The genuine interest my department takes in me suceeding..

The University of Oklahoma has always been my favorite school since I was the age of 10. What sets it apart from all of the other schools I was considering is that the school really cares about helping you to get your education and the staff will do all that they can to help you be successful. At the other schools I looked at, it seemed from what I observed as if they were just there to speak and didn't really make an effort to give the students a full understanding of everything.

The school spirit at Univeristy of Oklahoma is incedible, and it's one of my favorite parts of my university. All the students here are really involved in the pride of our athletics and it makes for an entergetic atmosphere. Campus activities were something else that really stuck out to me when considering OU. The university offers so many different opportunities for just about every social group one could imagine which is great for brand new freshmen looking to make new friends.

The uniqueness about this school is that it is so sport oriented, especially with football. Half of the students play some kind of sport and all students show extreme pride in their Sooners. Everyone gets excited about the football games and the entire campus nearly shuts down for the at-home games. Tailgating is a way of life here and not liking your hometown Sooners, especially if you like the University of Texas team, you automatically get shunned.

The University of Oklahoma is unique because they want to provide every student with the chance to succeed. The administration provides many means of keeping students on the right track. If they are struggling, they provide services like tutoring by peers, academic and career advising, and extra-curricular activities. They provide an experience and environment where students learn to live up to their full potential.