University of Oklahoma-Norman Campus

« See more reviews of University of Oklahoma-Norman Campus

OU is a place where you can be as involved as you want. There is a lot of tradition in the school, you just have to open your eyes. The campus is always changing. They're always building better facilities and updating their technology. The size is okay but be prepared to drive or ride the bus to some parts especially the Research Campus where the National Weather Center is. Also learn to be patient when searching for parking. There are about 14,000 or so other students that on any given day, are searching for the same parking spot you are. No really, it's not that bad, but you'll learn to be patient and to put on your blinker when you find a spot.

The best thing about OU is the Couch cafeteria. You can eat all you want as much as you want and choose a wide variety of meals (from a steak to variety of food on the buffet). You can choose to eat healthy or get the Freshman 15, it's all about you. Depending on who you hangout with, you'll get to party almost every weekend, or just having good times with you close friends by watching free movies on Friday nights. Campus Corner is a place where you could chill with your friends. There is a lot of school pride. You get to receive free stuff like t-shirts, mugs, etc with OU symbols on them. From my experience, I have a lot of free t-shirts from OU. It's awesome!

It is a big university. You might get lost in the hustle at the beginning, but people here are very friendly. When I tell people I went to OU, they think I'm a big sports fan. I was too busy studying to care sometimes. Campus Corner is a great place to get food between classes, and it is very busy on the weekends. A lot of people party at Campus Corner, but some of the best parties were at the off-campus apartments. Norman is great for a college town. It's a growing area that attracts many professionals. It's close enough to Oklahoma City to enjoy Bricktown, but it is far away enough to maintain its individuality as a separate community.

I love being in the Pride of Oklahoma. It is so much fun. Getting to go to all the football games and basketball games if you choose to do a basketball band. I spend alot of my time on campus in the Bizzell library studying. I also go to Felgar hall which is the mechanical and aerospace building and study in their library some. I love the spirit that everyone has towards the athletic programs. Football is everything in this state and it shows. I also love how smart everyone is so I can get help just about anywhere as long as I talk to people. Don't be to yourself. You will hate OU if you aren't eager to meet people.

There is tons of school pride at OU. The school year starts off only a few weeks before football season--the highlight of the year in Oklahoma. At football games, 85,000 screaming fans gather and the student section is rocking. This is always so exciting to see! "BOOOOOMER!! SOOOONER!!" can be heard miles away. The average OU student wears an OU shirt at least twice a week. Crimson and cream is seen all over campus and Norman. This town is full of the University of Oklahoma school spirit and pride!

Our school is not too big at all. Yes, some classes have 400 students, but other classes have 20. You can chose what classes are best for you. The professors are always helpful, and very knowledgeable. Norman is definitely a college town, but if you want good food or fun entertainment, OKC is only 20 minutes away. Fraternity parties are a blast. Football games are indescribable. This school has so much school pride that it makes you so proud to be a part of it.

Well the best thing used to be the Organ Grinder right across the street from my doghouse before they made it into a parking lot and then the Grinder went out of business. The worst thing is they won't let me into Memorial Stadium on game days because they are racist. They used to have Snoop Dog but they even got rid of him. I'm thinking about transfering somewhere that appreciates me more...

I love how everybody rallies together to show school pride, especially in football. By Oklahoma standards it is probably second to Stillwater when it comes to a party town but compared to out of state it is nowhere near. I would say that the most frequent student complaint I have heard is about the dry campus policy by the administration.

The University of Oklahoma is a great institution. Everyone is very friendly and approachable. The school is run very tightly but still allows students to have a lot of fun. We work hard and play hard. The school pride is very high and students have a lot of input in the decisions around campus.

I love OU - the spirit and the environment. If I had to change anything I'd ensure students have access to the best technology in the classrooms (Better wifi, projectors...)