University of Oklahoma-Norman Campus

« See more reviews of University of Oklahoma-Norman Campus

I think OU is amazing. I would say OU is just the right size. With so many students there is always a chance to meet new people, however with people in the same degree path it is very likely that you will see familiar faces. OU is a college town, there are so many college students around and so many of the restaurants and bars are geared toward the students. OU also has a lot of school spirit, there are always sporting events going on. It is not just football and basketball, but there is also hockey, gymnastic, tennis, wrestling and more. There are a lot of student organizations, 400 or so I believe. They can be career focused such as Pre-Med club or cultural base such as AASA, Asian American Student Association, or just for fun such as the SMAA ,Student Martial Arts Association. With all the clubs and events going on there is almost always something going on everyday in some club or organization somewhere on or off campus.

OU is the perfect size, it doesn't take more than 15 min to walk from the freshman dorms to the other side of campus but the map takes up an entire page OU has amazing alums and a faculty and staff that really care about helping their students, finding an internship is never a problem There aren't any bars or clubs in Norman, so frat parties is the only place to be on the weekends, weekends start Thursday night. OKC and Bricktown is where you go for clubs and bars Norman is a college town for sure, but OKC is not. Norman is cozy and small, stay off Lindsey st. around 6 OU has amazing school spirit! Game day is a blast! and make sure you wear crimson, which is very different from red or maroon If you come to OU don't bring anything orange! (the colors of both our rival schools) There is nothing like your first OU football game as a freshman, when the band plays and cross the field the whole crowd goes crazy!

I think OU is a great size school. On the way to class you will almost always see people you know and you will see new people too. I think a lot of people picture Norman as a small town, and I did too coming from Dallas, but as I began to realize, Norman doesn't seem small at all and there are a lot of people living in Norman that aren't affiliated with the University. Norman is just the right size, and if there isn't something in Norman its only a 20 minute drive to Oklahoma City! The only complaint I can think of about OU is the crazy weather and the sidewalks flooding. Bring a umbrella and rainboots! There is pretty much a student on every inch of campus. A lot of students hang out at the Union and the Library. Another great hang out spot is Campus Corner that is filled with fun shops and great places to eat.

At times my school seems too small, but I think that's just because the group I usually hang out with is the greek system here at OU, which makes the university seem smaller than it really is. Since I am from Texas, I get dogged on alot when I tell Texans that I go to OU, especially my dad. I spend most of my time at the Pi Phi house on campus or at the library when I need to get some intense studying done. Definately a college town; Norman is because of OU. OU has a huge amount of school pride; a boomer sooner is proud to be one and definately shows it when we wear our OU gear to class everyday. Just shout "Boomer" walking down the south oval and you will definately get a louder "Sooner" back. Unfortunately, the most frequently heard complaint is something that can't be helped: Oklahoma weather.

The BEST thing about OU is the tradition they have with the football games, and plus their is a lot of fine bitches in the school. I would say the school is just right. When i tell people that i go to OU, most of the time I get a smile. I spend most of my time on campus in my classes and the cafeteria and gym. IT really is a college town with no doubt. OU'S administration is good, i have no problem with it. The biggest controversy about the campus was really nothing, i saw it as a wide selection of food to eat for the OU students. The one experience i'll always remember about OU is the football games that I attended for the Fall 2007 @OU. The most frequent student complaints would have to be Zoology tests were too hard and the tests were very tricky and the teacher wasn't that great.

I love OU. I love the people. And the football games. I haven't been to a basketball game but I hear they are great. I'd say it's the perfect size because it is a big school but not as big as say Texas... When I tell people I go to OU they are like "Why did you leave Texas?" And I'm like it's only 2 1/2 hours away from me, it's a beautiful campus, and I am getting a great education. I spend most of my time at my apartment, and at the Tri-Delta house. I'd say College-town and small town. You have the best of both worlds. Parking SUCKS! I hate the parking... at the dorms or even as a commuter. They both suck. There just isn't enough of it. A lot of School pride for sure! and I love having something I can be prideful of! Lots of good food options and good meal point systems.

The biggest thing at OU is OU FOOTBALL One thing I would change would be the price of parking School size is just right People react great when I say I went to OU (unless they went/go to OSU or Texas) Most of my time was spent in the Michael F. Price College of Business while at OU Definitely a college town and fills all the requirements for a college town OU's administration is good and seems to try very hard to make the students happy One of the biggest controversies has been whether OU should be a "wet" or "dry" campus (alcohol) There is A TON of school pride As far as I know, OU is a pretty normal college Football games at OU are the most memorable moments for anyone Most complaints are about the size of some general education classes

I came to OU looking to get an education, and that is what I'm getting from them. But that is not why I'm staying, sure OU is a wonderful place we are surrounded by beauty and we get a first class education, but I stay for the Baptist Student Union, the BSU has a long legacy of not only teaching students how to walk with God, but also teaching them how to teach others how to walk with God. probably more than half of the nation's Baptist collegiate ministers came straight out of the OU BSU. If you are a Christian you will not find a better training opportunity than at the BSU and it doesn't matter what denomination you are, you are welcomed, infact probably half of the students involved with the BSU are not baptist.

The University of Oklahoma has become my home. I have branched out from Houston, TX and created a new life of my own, on my own. This school has so much to offer for students wanting to get involved in the community and the university. At OU no one gets lost in the crowd, because it has the ability to cater to any person's needs or interests. I could not have asked for a better college experience and I would not change one thing about OU. OU is. . . medium sized with a small town feel, overflowing with gorgeous flowers and fountains on the campus, a college town, proud of its althetic programs, and rich in history and tradition.

The best thing about OU is the people working and going to school here. I doubt I would change very much at all. I think the size of OU is just about right. When I tell people I go to OU, the reaction is usually, "I'm sorry," but of course that's coming from my Texan relatives who are all alum of A&M or UT. But they realize that it's a good school and will say that after all the trash-talking has fizzled out. I spend most of my time at the Art School on campus. I'm an art major, and our projects take up to 20 hours a piece, so yeah, I would say the majority of my time is at the art school. Yes, Norman is a college town, quite obviously.