University of Oklahoma-Norman Campus

« See more reviews of University of Oklahoma-Norman Campus

I love the size of OU because I am really excited to meet a lot of new people. I'm very excited about going through recruitment and possibly joining a sorority because I have heard that there are several very good houses. I love the atmosphere of OU and Norman. The people are mostly friendly and helpful and the town is good-sized, adorable, yet has plenty to do. I also love the spirit of the OU football fans! I can't wait to go to the games! I hope the professors are just as helpful and caring.

Coming from Texas and from a family of longhorns (UT), I compare OU frequently to UT. I prefer it because athough it is a Big XII school, like UT, it has a much more cozy, intimate feeling. The school's in a small town, the number of students is actulaly much smaller than at UT and it's less overwhelming for a young adult going away from home for the first time. My impression (and I have several friends at UT) is that it's easier to find your niche and not become a #.

If you are handicap and in a wheelchair or walker I do not suggest you going here. The handicap accessibility is horrible. My borther is in a wheelchair and it is hard for him to get around and I worry about his safety every day he goes on campus. The Disability Resource Center are not very big or very nice at all. If President Boren would recognize these issues then being a disability student would be a lot more pleasurable.

OU is a fairly large school. I must admit I was not prepared for 300 person lecture sections! However, the University a lot of support for its students. There are math labs, chemistry labs, office hours for TA's and professors, the foreign language labs, and the writing lab which are a good place to get free help. OU seems to be making the transition to an all walking campus, there isn't much parking for commuter students.

When people ask where I attend college, many of them are shocked to know that I attend OU. OU is a premeir school in the nation in scholastics and athletics and there is a great amount of school pride. People tend to be shocked because many of my peers attended junior college or when to a small college. But the few of us that when to OU, we always tend to get the biggest praise from our community then some other students.

OU is based in Norman which is cool cause its a small college town but its only like 30 minutes from OKC or 3 hours from Dallas. There's plenty of school pride during the football season, but that seems to be it, so its obvious to say football games are the place to be. if it wasnt for Sooner football, the school would probably fall apart, which is fine cause i love football, but someone who doesnt would die here.

Norman is definitely an OU town in every sense of the word. OU is the center of Norman life, but there are plenty of resources outside of the campus. There's enough in Norman that you never need to leave if you don't want to do so. There is a lot of school pride in Norman, particularly as most students are lifelong Oklahomans who take a great deal of pride in the University as a representative of the state.

Norman is a very laid back, hippie style community with lots of things to do. Music festivals happen a few times a year and the party/bar scene is very fun. Lots of options and plenty of people to find a group that you can associate with. Norman is cool because the town was built around the school, so everything is focused on the University. The best thing about Norman is the abundance of very fine woman.

I did not appreciate going to OU. I went in with an open mind and was quickly shattered due to all of the phony, snobby, students that attend that school. It was the worst years of my life. I considered joining a sorority but decided I would rather not pay for my friends. Campus should be a place where you meet people, not where they just always walk by you without a 'hello' or hardly any eye contact.

OU is a wonderful all around school. We excel in academics, athletics and have a great greek system. In addition to this OU students have a strong sense of pride in their school which is evident at football games, school sponsored events and so forth. We are lucky to have David Boren as president as OU has taken tremendous steps in the past ten years in establishing itself as a premier university