University of Oregon

« See more reviews of University of Oregon

There are a lot of socio-cultural student groups at the UO. So I think a student should not feel left out more of looking for what the student needs. Most people wear t shirt and a pair of jeans. Yes different student group interact. UO students are mostly from the Oregon, California, Washington and some from overseas.

My class mates are hard working, focused, honest, sincere, very friendly, fun to hang out with, relaxed, not high maintaince. I am able to be true to myself and feel accepted by my peers. it is a very comfortable and secure environment where i don't feel pressured to participate in activities that i don't want to.

My classmate seem to be hardworkers and destined towards their goals. They are pretty funny people, we can have a lecture but at the same time it ends up being fun. Everyone seems to get their work done so there is no complications in that field. They are very responsible people.

There is definately a strong movement for all kinds of race/sex/orientation views at UO. Most students would feel comfortable here, compared to other schools we are very open and accepting. This is a left wing school. What does it matter what kids wear to class?

Really depends on what major and what you are in to. Most UO students are from Oregon, California, and Washington. I would say the school is predominately caucasian, I would guess 75% or more. But everyone seems to find a good social group and fits in well.

Students are mostly left wing here. It is Oregon after all, the ones that aren’t come from areas in Portland’s suburbs. All political views are accepted and there are many clubs to join, but there is an overwhelming sense of democratic support.

There are two majority groups on campus: people involved in the greek system, and people who like to think they're hippies. Sometimes you'll find people who are just normal and cool, but you have to wade through a lot of extremes to find them.

The students at my school are very friendly and intelligent; students in class are more than willing to assist others that seem to be having difficulty and the overall G.P.A. of the incoming freshman class is higher than it has ever been.

The students at the university of oregon are very athletic and smart. We're all about working out and achieving good grades. Most students wear a lot of workout gear to class, in including nike running shoes, shorts and a nike jacket.

The students at my school are indescribable. A lot of them are irritating with their partying and vocabulary, but for the most part it is a pretty diverse campus with a lot of different social groups and a ton of Greek houses.